• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk what StumbleUpon is.

The only social networking thing that rly matters is Twitter tbh. Everything else is overrated!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Twitter is still my favorite. My only experience with Tumblr is using for fandom purposes, and that can be pretty fun, but in general to just reblog random pictures all day seems kind of.. pointless to me? idk.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I feel the same. I literally don't get the exciting part to that. :( Then again I dislike the idea of retweeting even still so my confusion over why people like Tumblr probably comes from the idea of other people using other people's content is weird. XD;

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I freakin' know right?

I had to get used to that over time, the fact that it was just so much shared content when people weren't typing actual text posts, and then even those get shared.

Oh well, it's still neat depending on what you use it for. /shrug

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I freakin' know right?

I had to get used to that over time, the fact that it was just so much shared content when people weren't typing actual text posts, and then even those get shared.

Oh well, it's still neat depending on what you use it for. /shrug

Perhaps the world should just aim to be original for a day. n_n Then I could see the point in everything!!

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Twitter is the only one I use these days. Facebook was annoying. Consisted mostly of people posting tons of pictures to make themselves seem more interesting. At least with Twitter you have to click to see the picture. And less people know I even have a Twitter, so that's a plus.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I don't like Twitter at all... I can't get the point of it. I've used it once or twice, but that's all. Even the design of the site is annoying.
I personnally prefer Facebook or Tumblr.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Twitter is good for finding out what celebrities get up to in their spare time. Other than that there is no point whatsoever. I'll just stick to Facebook for talking to friends etc.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Twitter is good for finding out what celebrities get up to in their spare time. Other than that there is no point whatsoever. I'll just stick to Facebook for talking to friends etc.

This was why I joined twitter, and now I follow about 2 celebrities - against 90 odd 'normal' people.

I love twitter for discussing news/tv shows/random things. Normally interesting stuff is on twitter before any proper news sites and people are gossiping away.

I think it's fun, but I guess I have had it for 4-5 years and now follow many people who I 'know' reasonably well. I follow very few RL friends on there, but there are a few.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I only follow people I know n_n Which is basically like an off-site PC to me tbh where I can just spam my thoughts which is of great use considering I'd be driving other people crazy with them otherwise lmao. I've been following the shooting trends, though, since I like to see the news about it on there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I used to be really active on Twitter lol and would follow people on forums I visited. I originally joined just to follow others and ended up tweeting myself about random stuff mostly having to do with Pokemon. My activity there gradually declined as people started unfollowing me and I lost interest in tweeting. Now, I don't even log in there most days, I just lost so much interest in it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I get a lot of news from Twitter, as I mainly follow film/TV critics/commentators. About 80% of the people I follow are those, and the other 20% are PC people. It's a nice balance, to be honest.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I only follow a few bands I really like and certain people I know. It's pretty rad and fairly clutter free.

And oh my god this week is going to be busy after today. I can't wait.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I used twitter back when barely anyone knew it existed, pre-Ashton Kutcher. Then I forgot my password and never cared enough to sign back on after that. I've updated only a few times this year.

I usually use Facebook, Tumblr, and LiveJournal the most. I get my news from news sites instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back