• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My cat is very shy, but likes attention and being around people. She's just very skittish at times, she's also very energetic at times and will run around and play a lot then will get tired and take a nap. She also does this weird thing where she will walk around and meow loudly, not sure what that's about. She will also meow a lot lol she's very vocal.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OBLIGATORY PHOTO OF MY DOG TIME! (This time, it's a new photo. Yay me.)

Spoiler:

She's going on 11-years-old now and shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. The only thing that's gotten a bit off with her is that she's started feeling the cold a lot more with age. Unless we have the central heating on, she spends quite a lot of time shaking. The vet has said it's nothing to worry about, but it's still not great to see. In any event, she's not leaving us any time soon. She'll probably end up outliving us all! :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Aw, what a cute doggie. I have a dog too named Murphy, a hound mix. He behaves badly and we aren't sure how old he is because we rescued him, but he's ours. He spends his time digging holes in our wooded yard which keeps him entertained. He'd like to have a dog friend, but it's not possible right now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
My first cat recently passed away of lung cancer :( my babyy <3

Now my family's crazy and we have five pets... two old dogs and three cats now. Never gets boring in my house anymore... doesn't bother me though, I love animals. Yeah Kura.. fur everywhere, lolx

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
@_@ I have to take a lint roller to my bed after a cat takes a nap on it. I'm like horribly allergic to cat hair, so I have to keep the stuff out of my face or I'll be quite miserable.

Going to the vet yesterday kinda killed what I had planned for today. Eyes swollen and sneezing. Gah! I still love my pets and I don't regret taking her to the vet. ;_;

Years
I can only handle one pet at a time, even though my cat's outdoors most of the time and pretty quiet when he is inside. We were always cat people here... don't think we've owned anything but gray tabbies though, now that I think about it. XD; Mom loves orange cats, she wanted to pick up the orange kitten that lives around here haha but we don't want a second cat.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
I'll probably not get a kitten, but an adult cat. We rescued two adult cats (the ones we have currently) from shelters around the area. They're both in their prime (one's I think 7 or 8 years old, the others' 4 years old).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I adopted my cat from an animal shelter I volunteer at which in my opinion is what people should do since the animals there deserve a second chance and you are saving their life in most cases ( the shelter I volunteer at is no-kill) Adult animals are often passed up which is why I'm glad I chose her, though from time to time, I still long for a kitten. I love their adorable little faces :3 Maybe sometime I'll get to get another, but for now, it's just my one cat.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Aside from our most recent kitten, every pet we've ever had has been rescued. Most were just dropped off because people were too sorry to care for them themselves... but seeing an animal starve breaks my heart. :/ So... we take them in.

Years
But seeing a human starve is no big deal, right?

I dunno, that just seems to be the impression I get from a lot of people (not the poster above in particular or anything, just a generalization). If it's animal cruelty or whatever, people bawl their eyes out but if it's another human, who gives a crap!

droomph

weeb
Years
OBLIGATORY PHOTO OF MY DOG TIME! (This time, it's a new photo. Yay me.)

Spoiler:

She's going on 11-years-old now and shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. The only thing that's gotten a bit off with her is that she's started feeling the cold a lot more with age. Unless we have the central heating on, she spends quite a lot of time shaking. The vet has said it's nothing to worry about, but it's still not great to see. In any event, she's not leaving us any time soon. She'll probably end up outliving us all! :D

That's a something Russell terrier, right? Yeah, they usually live from 13-17 years. SO GO ENJOY IT WHILE HE/SHE/IT'S STILL AROUND!!!!!!

And personally I see humans as assfaces. Not only do we not agree with each other, we call everything that can't speak human languages "unintelligent". Nothing too personal, just society as a whole.

So there's some insight on why I care about animals.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
We call dolphins intelligent, and elephants.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Animals don't judge people and backtalk them and other nasty things like that, thats why I like being around animals more.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It's not like they need math and science to live though, they've just got to be able to find food and things like that pretty much. I do believe most animals are fairly smart though, just in a different way than we are.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
...they've just got to be able to find food and things like that pretty much.
I wouldn't necessarily call animals smart, but rather instinctual. They know what to do in their situations. However, the problem is that they stay in their own zones. They don't change anything, except maybe adapt if need be. One could argue that art, science, maths, etc., are the way we display our intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back