• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    ((Sweetness, maybe some action on the way ^^))

-Raike stirred from his isolated state, when the waitress came over, but before he could even offer to pay the bill, Miharu had already snatched it up and payed, before standing up quite suddenly. Raike noticed her looking out the window, and following her eyes, he saw the Team Aqua member. "Team Aqua... here?" Raike knew a bit about Team Aqua, as they had butted heads a few times, during his travels. Raike had often caught them harassing and harming innocent pokemon, which was the very thing that pissed him off the most. He of course, had won every fight, except the second to last one, where they got away with one of their schemes, Raike didn't want to think about the details.-

"We should probably head over to the pokemon center now. They are probably waiting for us."

-Raike stood up also, nodding and begging to head towards the door, still eyeing the Aqua member. She acted like she didn't see them, but Raike felt it was more than that, he decided then to watch their backs-

"Yeah your right, and since we don't want to keep them waiting, we should probably walk faster..."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    ((OOC: Regular font is mine, bold and colour is Sky))

Miharu nodded, watching Raike's expression carefully. It seemed that he knew that the woman outside was a Team Aqua member as well. She walked out the door, Raike following her, and quickly walked to the pokemon center. However, she could almost feel a gaze staring at her head, that wasn't Raike, and she glanced behind her. Shelly was following them. She sighed.

Miharu walked into an alley, Raike as well as Shelly, who was a little far behind, following her. Suddenly, both Miharu and Raike turned around to face Shelly.

"Nice to see Shelly again," said Miharu. She saw Raike give Shelly a glare.

Shelly smirked. "Looks like I'll be able to get my revenge on you, Miharu."

Raike blinked. Although he didn't really want a target on him, he didn't really like being brushed aside for the things that he helped stopped for Miharu. Especially since he was afraid that she would get hurt. Raike stopped forward, but stopped when Shelly pulled out a gun and pointed it at Miharu.

"Step any closer and your little girlfriend dies," she snarled at Raike. Raike backed off, sounding a low growl in his throat, something a pokemon might have done in that situation, like he said before, he had lived in forests for many years, and it seemed he had picked up a few things, also. Miharu, on the other hand, looked calm and collected.

"We have been in the position before Shelly," stated Miharu calmly. "Shelly did not pull the trigger then, Shelly will not pull the trigger now. I know Shelly is actually a kind hearted person in the inside, which is why she was upset when Archie started to treat his pokemon and Shelly's pokemon badly, she helped me."

Shelly's hand shook as she stepped closer to Miharu. "Shut up!" she snarled. "Prison has harden me more than you could ever imagine!"

Miharu tilted her head to the side. "Did it?"

Shelly looked hesitant. "I..."

Raike looked back and forth between Miharu and Shelly, And seeing Shelly, stammer, he took it as an opportunity to strike. Before, Shelly could react, Raike sound a loud, clear whistle, from between his teeth. A black blur was all too be seen before the gun was knocked from her hand, and skittered away on the ground. Raven landed at Raike's left, turning and growling at Shelly. Still stunned from the attack, Raike kicked the gun over to Miharu. Miharu, was quick; She rolled, receiving the gun from Raike, and quickly stood up, running past Shelly, and grabbing her arm, taking it with her, and in turn twisting it behind her back. Miharu then placed the gun at Shell's forehead, and applied pressure to the arm.Shelly let out a groan of discomfort for her arm, but fell silent as the gun's unforgivable cold metal was on her temple. Miharu sighed, letting Shelly go.

"Leave now and I will not press charges," said Miharu. Raike looked shocked. Miharu let go of Shelly who stumbled out of the alleyway, and turned around, glaring at Miharu.

"I will have my revenge," said Shelly. Miharu looked amused. "Maybe for Shelly, tenth time will be the charm." Shelly left the alleyway as Miharu put the gun in her pant's pocket. Raike stepped forward, followed by Raven.

"You just let her go...?" he questioned.

Miharu shrugged. "Although she has tried and has put me in many positions where she could kill me, like a few seconds ago, she never could. It is fine." Miharu stepped out of the alleyway and Raike followed her, a bit stunned. Raike had not been expecting Miharu to react so smoothly to the pass, and what had happened had been the best possible outcome. After a few minutes walk of silence, they reached the cafe next to the pokemon center where everyone else had gathered. Miharu smirked.

"Did anyone miss us?" she questioned.

-Raike stretched, grinning slightly- "Hope we weren't gone too long."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    She has a gun!!!!!

-----

Miharu and Raike walked in and I studied them for a second. My eyes stopped at Miharu's pants pocket. "What's that?" I asked as I studied it for a second more. It kind of looked like, "A gun?" I stared at them, wondering what they had gotten into during their simple task of getting something at a cafe.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu smirked when she saw Kris notice and asked about the gun. "Yes, that is a gun in my pants' pocket. How I got it...well, let us just say that an old friend just visited us."

Miharu took out the gun and unloaded it with ease. It was obvious that she was very comfortable with guns. She put the ammunition in her other pocket and put the now empty gun in the pocket it was before. When Miharu was unloading the gun, she felt the weight of it in her hand. It was a nice gun, light and very small. If it was not for the fact that she didn't bother to hide it, if anyone asked she had a lisence for guns, she could have hid it easily.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh looked at Miharu and Raike, Miharu had a gun and for some odd reason Raike just seemed to look older. He wondered vaguely what kind of gun it is, his mind wondered over the time he had wasted listening to classmates talk about new military tech, from guns to planes to jets. Miharu took out the magazine and slid it in one pocket while placing the gun in the other pocket. Josh wondered vaguely if he should bring a weapon too, he had a license, but had never actually owned a gun, just fired at a firing range. He decided it didn't really matter, "So maybe we should be going now?" he said, not directing the question/statement towards anyone directly but more to the whole group.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu nodded, agreeing with Josh. She hoped that she wouldn't be in the center of attention and turned to Josh, wanting to catch up on what she missed with the group and discussions while she was at the cafe with Raike and getting "attacked" in the alleyway.

"What have I...er...we, missed?" asked Miharu.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh looked at Miharu, "Well, I didn't catch all of the conversation but when I did come Anthony and Harley were talking about shifting, and then Harley drew a Ho-oh on the table so she could concentrate enough to shift" he said, then he though for a second before continuing on "then Anthony asked me how I shift, and I just told him that I just will it and it happens when I touch Odessa" he thought for a second more,"Also I told him how I didn't realize I was shifting at first, that I thought the world was just losing color because I was depressed" he wondered why he had said that but continued on, "Then while we were walking over here we tried to reason out if we were the only shifters, if it had something to do with our age or if we were just close enough to" Josh though for a moment. He wasn't really sure if 'hearing' quite conveyed what Anthony had done but decided it didn't matter "hear Anthony's call or what". He thought for a moment before deciding to add "and then you came with a Beretta. Thats about it I think".

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu nodded, as she thought of the way that she shifted. For her, all she really had to do was envision the Aether Realm and she usually went there very quickly. When she thought of the first time she shifted, she realized that at the time, she was fifteen years old and the youngest of the shifters, Kris, seemed to be fifteen years old.

"At what age did everyone first shifted to the Aether Realm?" asked Miharu. "If I may take a guess, everyone first shifted when they were fifteen right?"

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh wondered over Miharu's question for a while, he wasn't exactly sure how old he had been in months but he had definitely been around fifteen. He realized that he was beginning to admire her perceptiveness, "Yeah, around that age, not exactly sure to the month but was definitely fifteen years of age" he said, trying not to let anything show.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    (OOC: Bunnying cause I am the GM.)

Anthony watched Raike and Miharu sidle up together from their short journey, laughing to himself at the thought of the two of them going out. Not that it was funny, but that their whole 'save the world' mission was going on and these two were getting together. But Anthony quickly dismissed the idea as Josh filled them in on what had happened. Their love life was completely up to them.

"I think you may be onto something there, Miharu," Anthony was surprised that Miharu ad picked something up like this, but a bit disappointed that he hadn't, "yes I was fifteen when I first shifted."

Everyone had arrived, and so Anthony took this moment, "Right, now that everyone is here, we best be heading to Sinnoh, the quicker we can do this, the quicker we can get back to our lives."

With everyone in tow, Anthony led them to the train station just as a train bound for Sinnoh was about to leave. "One ticket to Sinnoh please" he said to the lady in the window. With ticket in hand he boarded the train and sat down in one of the bigger four seater compartments, noticing the two seater compartments further on and stifling a laugh. Pitch walked behind him silently only gathering gazes from the attendants as she followed him and sat on the floor between Anthony's legs, looking left an right occasionally.

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    -Raike yawned, quickly purchasing one ticket for the train and walking in. The Ticket man, tried to tell Raike that all pokemon must remain in their pokeballs, but one glare from Raike, and he was off to serving the next person. Raike sat in one of the two seated places, while Raven jumped up on the seat next to him, curling up. Raike softly patted her head smiling, peacfully.-

"Thanks for what you did in the alley today buddy, excellent speed... landing could use a bit more work though."

-Raven stuck her tongue out at him before closing her eyes, and moving a bit closer to him-

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh bought his ticket, his mind fumbling through the actions, he realized that even if the caffeine pills were helping him stay awake the fatigue was still affecting him badly. The man said something and Josh had to ask what is was again "Pokemon must be kept in their poke-balls" Josh gave the man a mildly angry look but returned Odessa to her ball. He got himself and situated himself so that the attendant could no longer see him and immediately let Odessa out of her ball, although the attendant saw he just gave an angry look and continued issuing tickets.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "I was almost fourteen when I had my first vision," Harley said as they boarded the train. Appa made a small noise on her shoulder as they passed by the compartments. Anthony was sitting there with his Pokémon under his legs in a four man compartment. Shrugging, Harley join him on the opposite side, Ceri following her in and sitting directly next to her.

"Oh yeah, when I meant about frequencies, I meant that older people may not hear it because the call may be... okay, never mind," Harley shuffled around a little. Ceri growled a little in his throat and Harley nodded. "Is there food here because I am hungry."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu blinked as they were all boarding the train, her eyes catching Josh's sluggish movements. "I hope that everyone knows that Bishamon, Gallade, could just teleport us to our destinations?" She shook her head as she bought a ticket from the very annoyed attendant. Also she looked comfortable, it had been several years since she went on a public transportation. She had heard from her friend that she was getting popular only because she was Miharu's friend. Well, since this was Hoenn, she wasn't going to get noticed, right? Suddenly, the attendant blinked.

"Why do you have a gun on you? In fact, how did you even get a gun past security?" asked the attendant.

Miharu sighed and pulled out a piece of paper. "This is my gun license, so I am allowed to have a gun and security thinks I am trustworthy. Now, may I please board?"

The attendant shrugged. "If you have a gun, technically I'm not allowed to let you board, so I won't."

Miharu rolled her eyes. "Then, could I please have the money back for my ticket?"

The attendant pointed to a board that said "NO REFUNDS". Miharu looked over to the others and shrugged. She turned around, gave the next person her ticket, held up a pokeball, and disappeared. It was obvious that she teleported.

---

Miharu reappeared in front of the train station in Sinnoh. She sat down in front of the building and waited. Hoenn and Isshu were probably going to be the only ones where her fame wouldn't bother her. In Kanto, she is a gym leader and maybe some of that fame will rub off on Johto, and she did win a pokemon league tournament here and beat the entire elite four but lost to Cynthia. She wondered who would win now, herself or Cynthia.

She let thoughts tumble about in her mind as she waited for the others.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    The first shift...

-----

Miharu vaguely explained how she had obtained a gun and then everyone was discussing how old they were when they first shifted. "Fifteen." I said, "It was a few months ago when I first shifted. On my birthday actually."

In a few minutes everyone was heading to the train station. Miharu wasn't allowed on due to her gun, so she just teleported. I got a ticket and walked in. The others were all sitting in a four person seat and there was no more room for me. I just sat down in the two person seat behind them and leaned over so I wasn't left out of any conversation. Dusk took the spot next to me and layed down.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Everybody is on the train, lalalalala and we arrive in Sinnoh.

As soon as the train pulled out of the station, Anthony looked around and counted Shifters, everyone but Miharu was on the train. 'She must have teleported', he thought to himself then went back to his conversation with Harley. "Go on, any theory is a good one, and who knows, you might be right," he said smiling to her. Since the train ran through the night they were brought meals which were covered under to ticket cost, and ate them on the pull out table.

Night approached quickly and Anthony felt himself quickly tire, yawning his head off once the sun was down. Today's events and the amount of times he had shifted made him increasingly more tired and as night dragged on, he had to say goodnight to everyone, curling up on the seat of the train with Pitch's head resting on his leg before she quickly went to sleep.

It was early morning and the train rockets through Almia on its way to Sinnoh. Mostly everyone on the train was asleep save for the driver and his crew when the first blow struck. Yet that blow was enough. With a terrible rattling, the train derailed on the Almia-Sinnoh Bridge, hurtling into the water below. The lurching of the train woke Anthony up as it pitched over the side. He had just enough time to grab onto his seat and return Pitch to her ball before yelling "Hold On!" as they plunged into the sea.

The windows of the train shattered inwards as the pressure of the ocean forced its way inside and Anthony felt himself being cut a couple of times. He held his breath and when the water stopped gushing in as the train became full of it, he started swimming outside and up. When he reached the surface, he treaded water, waiting for the others to come up.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Bye-bye train!

-----

After eating and going to sleep, the train continued its journey. Currently it was heading through Almia, but when something hit the train, I woke up. The train derailed and went straight into the ocean. I didn't scream, as I was not one to scream, but my eyes did widen to their fullest, which was extremely wide for anybody. I watched as the windows shattered and Dusk destroyed the glass that was coming towards me with a Shadow Ball. Anthony swam out the window and I followed. I wasn't the best swimmer in the world, but I could manage.

I kept my eyes closed as I swam upwards, eventually breaking the waters surface. "What. Was. That?!" I asked as I grabbed onto Dusk. I patted my belt to make sure all four pokeballs were there. They were. "Miharu's the lucky one. She teleported. Maybe we should have." I said to Anthony as I swam a little closer so that I didn't lose him.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    "I have no idea," Anthony replied to Kris, "but it looks like something is out to get us," he said spitting water out of his mouth. "Kris, swim to the shore over there," he said pointing to a beach that other people were heading to, "wait there incase anyone shows up, i'll be here waiting for the others." He thought about it for a second, "I'll meet you there in about ten minutes with the others hopefully." This was not a good start to the morning.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    LAND!

-----

I took Anthony's advice and swam to the shore. There were many people already crowding there so I chose to stand away from them, in plain sight. I watched as more people rose out of the water and swam to the shore. I hoped that everyone would get to shore soon...

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu blinked awake, she hadn't realized that she fell asleep, when she heard people chattering and screaming. She looked at one of the ones that were in a crowd in front of a TV that was in the front of the station.

"What is going on?" asked Miharu.

"One of the trains from the Hoenn region fell into the sea!" the woman exclaimed. Miharu blinked. "Was it the one that is coming from Slateport City?" The woman nodded. Miharu turned around and cursed, reaching for the telephone. She walked into an empty alley, where the noise was not as deafening as before, and dialed a number. Within a few rings, someone picked up.

"Hello?" asked Misty. "Miharu? What's up?"

"Hey Misty," said Miharu. "Look, there was a train that was coming from the Hoenn region to the Sinnoh region that fell of a bridge and they landed in the sea. I am calling the water, flying, and psychic gym leaders as well as the Elite Four and Champions that could help of both regions. Does Misty think she can help?"

Misty nodded. "Yes, I can definitely help! But, how am I going to get either there or where you are?"

Miharu smirked. "Teleportation of course. Call me when you have your pokemon ready." Misty nodded before hanging up. Miharu quickly called more numbers and explained the situation to them. They had all agreed, even the loner Sabrina but Pryce was in bad health so he couldn't make it, and within ten minutes they were all in the same alley. Miharu glanced at everyone that was with her in the alley. Misty, Sabrina, Falkner, Clair (whose dragon pokemon could also swim), Winona, Tate and Liza, Juan, Crasher Wake, Glacia, Drake, Wallace, Lucian, and Cynthia.

Miharu shuffled slightly. "Have you all heard of the situation of the people in the train?" There were nods all around. "Everyone here knows me, and although I am not sure if I should be the one...er, for the lack of a better term...'commanding' everyone, but this is really not the time for any petty arguments. In the few minutes that we waste arguing, many people can die. So, here is the plan. The psychic type trainers, and my own psychic type pokemon, are going to teleport everyone here to the bridge in which the train had fallen off. The people with flying type pokemon are going to get all of the people who have reached the surface to the shore, the water pokemon can dive to get the people who cannot swim to the shore safely, and the psychic pokemon can either teleport everyone to the shore or levitate them. Sabrina can help on this front too if she please-" Sabrina nodded "-and that is the game plan. Is everyone okay with that?" Everyone nodded and voiced their agreement. They all disappeared from the alley.

---

They had all appeared on the bridge, seeing that some of the people had already reached the shore.

"Smart people," muttered Blue, slightly annoyed at being called out. Everyone called out their pokemon that could be useful, and they had all made short work of getting everyone to the shore. Miharu looked at the bridge, before noticing something strange. The bridge seemed strong, so the train could not have been wobbling and falling, so what could have caused it? She saw scorch marks that did not come from the train. It looked like the scorch marks of a fire blast.

A pokemon? But who would order a pokemon to do this, and on this train...

Cynthia walked up to Miharu, smiling at the way how she took control. "Everyone is now safely on the shore and thankfully there are none dead thanks to your quick thinking."

Miharu nodded, standing up. "Thanks Cynthia."

Cynthia nodded, walking off, calling from her shoulder. "I hope we can battle again someday Miharu!"

Miharu smiled. "I would like that!" She teleported onto the shore and tried to look for any of the others.

Last edited:
    Back