• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Harley was already awake when the bridge collapsed and the train lurched forward into the water. She yelled as gravity forced them down and yelled again as water began to fill the train. Anthony was quick to act, breaking a window and escaping the train. Harley began to panic aa the water filled past her shoulders. She couldn't swim.

"Ceri! Please help me!" Ceri was already at her side, trying to force her out the cindow Anthony had broke but the water waa too strong and Harley was too weak. The water rose above their heads and the train started to sink. Ceri grabbed Harley and held her close, putting his mouth on hers and giving her his last amount of oxygen. She was barely holding on, the little strength she had was fading. His options were fading as his strength faltered too, but using the last amount of energy he had, he created a dark energy pulse and flung it at the side of the train, destroying it completely. Harley was now unconcious and Ceri held her tight and pushed off from a seat and using small dark pulses, pushed them both to the surface. In the middle of the ocean, he was useless and waited, Harley pulled tightly against him, for help.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    OOC: hmmmmm, this could turn out very very bad for someone...

IC:

Josh was still awake, the caffeine pills not letting him go to sleep even if that was all he really wanted to do at the moment. Odessa had fallen asleep hours ago and he had been left as one of very few still awake, staring into the water below. Suddenly, the train gave a large lurch, it took him a second to realize that they train was about to topple into the water. He did the one thing that came to mind before it hit the water, returning Odessa to her Poke-ball.

The train smashed into the water, Josh blacked, he awoke a few seconds later, surrounded by water and an immense pain in his left arm. Before he realized what was happening he had taken a huge lungful of water, he chocked as he headed for the surface. As he broke the surface of the water he spotted everyone swimming towards shore, he tried to swim but ended up throwing up a mouthful of salty water. He tried again and realized his left arm, the one with the pain, wasn't cooperating. He looked at it to see a large shard of glass going straight through his forearm. He struggled to make it to shore using only his right arm to swim.

Josh made it to shore several minutes later, exhausted and losing blood from the wound in his left arm. Josh did the next part without thinking too much about it by with much pain, he grasped the glass shard in his right hand as hard as he could without breaking it and pulled. The glass slowly slid out with tremendous pain and small bits of muscle, but Josh continued pulling until it lay in his right hand. He chucked it and took off his shirt, wrapping it around the wound to staunch the flow of blood from the wound.

Josh looked at his right hand, deep cuts from where he had grasped the glass and felt his lower lip where he had apparently but himself hard enough to draw blood. He dismissed all this and set out to find the others, trying hard to fight against the urge to fall asleep brought on by his blood loss.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Anthony noticed Josh appear, spewing up the water from his lungs and a rather large shard of glass stuck in his arm. He started to swim over to help, but then noticed him doing fine and soon dragging himself to shore. Anthony continued to tread water, spotting Ceri appear with and unconscious Harley in his arms.

Anthony swam over to the Zoroark and grasped a Pokeball from his waist. "Jump in, Ceri," he said calmly, "I will take Harley to shore." With that Ceri jumped into the ball, giving a small growl to Anthony that he interpreted as a "if I have to". Anthony caught Harley, putting her on his back as if he was piggy-backing her and swum into shore where the others waited on the beach.

Slightly exhausted he arrived on shore, slogging up the surf and dropping to his knees in the sand. He placed Harley gently on the sand, tilting her head back slightly. "Someone lift her legs!" he yelled as he began resuscitating her, wishing to Jirachi that he didn't have to lose a Shifter so early in their quest.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    ((Ichiro stole my rescuing Harley so I had to edit and make the post shorter. D=))

Miharu walked through the crowd of the injured and wet people. She looked around, her sharp eyes noticing Josh. He was bleeding, pretty badly and Miharu cursed quietly to herself. She quickly ran up to Josh and quickly assessed his injuries, not bothering with pleasantries.

Miharu noticed that he had tried to staunch the blood flow by tying his shirt tightly to the wound. She noticed that although it was not big, the wound was deep enough to make him lose a lot of blood. She noticed all of the rest of the cuts and the bitten lip, but none were as worse as his left arm. She sighed.

"I am going to have to teleport Josh to the first aid tent since the wound is deep enough to need stitches, unless Josh trusts me enough for me to stitch it close for him." Miharu did have an emergency first aid kit on her, she knew that you could never be too prepared, and it did have the equipment needed for stitches. She would only do it if Josh was passed out or agreed.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Harley felt the light rush into her eyes, blinding her. She tried to breath but the water in her throat stopped her. She coughed viciously, water spewing out everywhere. She looked up, Anthony over her, helping her get the water out of her mouth. The air started to go back through to her lungs. Harley leant back, taking a few deep breaths then quickly sitting up as she remembered just who had saved her life.

"Ceri!" she pushed Anthony out of the way, looking around for her Zoroark. "Where's Ceri, where is he?" She tried to sit up straight but her body collapsed and she fell back on the sand. What had happened? They were on a train... and the train fell into the water. She remembered Ceri helping her and giving her oxygen. Now they were on a beach... So obviously she had been rescued. By Anthony? Okay, and he had resuscitated her. She wiped her mouth with her sleeve. Where was her bag? Where was her Pokémon? ... Bag still around her shoulder, her belt still clipped on with three Pokéballs, but one was empty. Her artbook was pressumably ruined. But Ceri!

"Where's Ceri?!" She almost screamed at Anthony.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh looked at Miharu, wondered how she had gotten their and then deciding it didn't matter. His arm had stopped hurting, although it clearly was still bleeding. Miharu offered to stitch the wound for him, "No, other people will need the help more then I do right now, go help them, i'll be fine" he said, saying it through the pain that was starting to arise in his arm once again. "And don't send me to the first aid tent either, the train was attacked and more then likely they were going after us, send me to the first aid tents and I may end up putting them in more danger then the crash did." he finished, believing every word of what he had just said.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    -Sleeping soundly and resting his head on Ravens back, Raven didn't really seem to care, as she was out cold too. There was a slight rumble, which woke him up before the train car in front of him exploded, and not long after, his own. Raike quickly covered Raven, and caught her as they plummeted towards the water. Knowing the impact would indeed be very painful, he still turned his back to shield Raven. Unfortunately, he had only turned halfway before he hit the water. He actually skipped in a tumbling motion, then finally came to a stop in the shallow area. His hand went to his side, a move he would soon forget, as the whole right side of his body erupted in a stinging pain. He gritted his teeth, and did his best to cover up the wound as if nothing had happened. The right part of his shirt was stained with blood, but he covered it up with his jacket. He soon rejoined the others, doing the best to cover his discomfort, though he still held his side. He smiled lightly-

"Heh now wasn't that fun? So someone tell me who did that so I can beat the crap outta them"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu rolled her eyes at Josh's idiocy. "If I could I would smack Josh over the head. If Josh does not get the wound closed, he could die. Plus, there are none that has died and none that are in critical condition or going into critical condition. In fact, Josh is one of the lucky ones." Miharu glared at Josh. "If I have to, I will knock Josh out so I can stitch the wound. I swear, men."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    "Settle down, Harley," Anthony said calmly as she screamed at him, "it's okay, Ceri is in one of my Pokeballs," grabbing the ball that housed Ceri around his waist he released the Zoroark beside Harley, getting up off the ground so that they could be together as Harley recovered.

He looked out to the ocean where the last of the train sunk beneath the blue ocean for any sign of Raike. He was surprised when he saw Raike sidle up, grimacing in pain, but trying to hide it. With everyone here he breathed a sigh of relief, no one had been killed just yet. He let Pitch out of her Pokeball and she brushed against his side, comforting him.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh wasn't about to give this up so easily, "And I swear that i've faced worse and lived, i'm not going to have a repeat of--" he cut himself off, no need to drag that unpleasant memory into this, "Just go help everyone else" he said.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu sighed, telepathically asking Bishamon to see if he could tell any of the others were injured or hurt. When he replied to the negative, Miharu turned to Josh.

"Bishamon, Gallade, says that no one is hurt or injured so will Josh please shut up and let me help? Or do I have to knock Josh out?"

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Harley grabbed Ceri and hugged him, the butterflies in her gut now disappeared. Ceri purred a little and helped her up to her feet. She kept as close to him as possible, muttering a gracious thank you to him. He nodded his head and pulled her around and put her on his back so she didn't have to walk. He stumbled a little, still weak from the accident. Harley quickly pulled out one of her emergency potions and sprayed it on the cuts from the glass. They healed quickly as Ceri stood up straight, pushing Harley further up his back so he could hold her better. She hugged him again, resting her head on his big pillow of hair. She then looked up to see the damage. People were sprawled across the beach, her eye caught a few of the others and there were several important looking people, all helping out with the crash. She spotted Anthony walking down the beach to meet up with another person from the group.

"What happened?" She yelled out to Anthony. "Was there an explosion? Was it an accident? Who did this?"

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh was becoming delirious from blood loss, "Its not a good idea to knock out someone who has lost as much blood as I have" he said, his voice eerily calm. He was convinced that their had to be others who had been hurt, much worse then himself, he wasn't about to be helped when he thought others needed it, even if they didn't need it as much. "Their are others, their has to be, don't bother helping me just because I look bad, its not that bad, others need it more, no matter what anyone says others always need it more" he was starting to babble, losing touch with reality, his sister was on the ground, she was still alive, she was staring him in the eyes, their weren't any outward sign that she was dying, thats why the paramedics were tending to him first, not enough people yet to tend everyone, he was still staring into her eyes, no more life anymore, he had just seen her die, the eyes changed, no longer his sisters, Miharu's once again, she wanted to help him, but he was fine, he couldn't feel anything wrong, he stood up, he knew others needed it more, he knew Miharu would try to stop him. He remembered something, his mind clutched at the thought, a way to keep her away from him, to get her to help others.

He lunged at Miharu, he didn't know if he would actually hurt her, hoping he wouldn't, she was just trying to help but others needed her help more, he was going after the gun in her pocket, all his focus was on the getting the gun from Miharu, the rest would just take care of itself.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu could see as Josh babbled that he was losing a lot of blood and fast. Suddenly, his eyes took on a haunted look, full of pain and sorrow, before they seemed to get back to reality again. She was about to argue more before she noticed that he seemed to glance at her pocket with the gun in it and Josh lunged at her. Miharu acted on instinct. She twisted around the hand that was aiming for her gun, while at the same time placing a hand on the gun so that Josh wouldn't be able to get it, and twisted his uninjured arm behind his back, putting pressure to it. When she finally realized what she was doing, she immediately let go of Josh's arm, but did not take the hand off of her gun. Miharu could tell what he was trying to do by lunging at the gun.

"Sorry, but Josh's idea is not going to work," she stated. "I do not know what skeletons that Josh has in his closet, and I do not need to know, but it is obvious that Josh is delirious...Instead of me he saw someone that was dead, correct?"

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Anthony stood in the surf alone, looking out to the ever expanding sea and the bridge that went across it. Pitch sat in the surf next to him, a bit uncomfortable with the water around her but empathising with her trainer. Anthony wondered what had attacked them, there were no visible signs nor people who looked out of place, but the attack could have come from anywhere.

He heard Harley yell out from behind him, "What happened? Was there an explosion? Was it an accident? Who did this?"

"The train derailed, Harley," he said eerily calmly, "no explosion and somehow i think it was on purpose. Who purposefully attacked that train, I do not know." He continued staring out to see, not turning around to talk to her.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh snapped back to reality for a second, he heard a question but didn't quite catch it, his mind returned to delirium, he didn't have the gun, that wasn't good but their was still something he could do, no gun was necessary, but it wouldn't work as fast as his original plan would have. His still felt nothing, he knew he should be in extreme pain but he felt nothing. He looked at his his injured arm, then he stood up, his legs were still fine, pain wasn't a problem, he could run.
    So he did.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    ((OOC: I said I would. XD))

Miharu growled as he started running, either from her question or because he still thought that he was not in need of medical attention. She tore after him and caught up to him quite easily, it seemed that he was sluggish from the blood loss. She grabbed Josh's arm, spun him around, and punched him in the face, knocking him out. When Josh fell to the ground, limp, with only Miharu holding him up she put him down gently and sighed. She took out the first aid kit from her backpack and quickly, but carefully, stitched his arm up. When she was done, Miharu used one of the smelling salts to wake him up, which he did with a slight twitch of his fingers and a small moan.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Harley was a little annoyed at Anthony's reply. There was nothing new he knew that Harley didn't. She scoffed a little and patted Ceri on the back, muttering to him about going to have a look around. He nodded and trudged away, away from the ocean and towards the inland. All the people that were on the train had come off it somewhat safely, save for a few. What would have happened if they did not take the train? Would the train still have derailed? Would all of the people on board have died? Was it really their fault? But who would have known they were getting on the train? As far as she knew, taking the train was a kind of spontaneous thing. Was there a traitor with them?

"That girl!" Harley said to Ceri. "She didn't get on the train, she had a gun when she showed up to the cafe. And she went off by herself with that other guy..." Ceri growled a little and shrugged. Harley sighed and nodded. It was too early to make assumptions, especially against the people Harley pressumed was on "their" team.

"By the way Ceri," Harley started slowly, "I'm sorry... I didn't save you when the train crashed. I should have saved you. I'm a bad trainer, you saved me. I might as well be the Pokémon and you the trainer. I'm sorry." Ceri scoffed and shook his head.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh couldn't remember everything that had happened, his thoughts turned towards his family, his sister had died, staring into his eyes while he was being treated and she died, he wanted to scream but their was blood in his lungs, he was being helped but he didn't need it, she did. "HELP HER, LET ME DIE BUT HELP HER!!!" he wished to scream, but he was powerless, and she died, staring straight at him. He realized that he wasn't their, he wasn't on a road being treated by a paramedic, he was on a beach, he had been mumbling, he couldn't remember why he was their, he opened his eyes and was looking at a women. It took a few seconds and then he placed a name to the face, he then realized that he was in a lot of pain and that he didn't have his shirt on, it didn't bother him as much as the headache, he wondered vaguely what had happened, his mind slowly went about remembering what had led him to being on the beach.

It took a few seconds, but it all came back in a flash, his sanity had broken and he had tried to escape, but that was blurry, he couldn't exactly remember what he had said. He realized he was still looking at Miharu, he realized he should probably thank her for helping him "Sorry for being so much trouble" he said, "I don't remember everything I did but thanks from keeping me from doing anything too stupid." he finished, then tried not to let on that if he had enough blood at that moment he would be blushing.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Cynthia walked through the crowd to see if anyone was injured. She heard someone mention a girl with a gun and walked up to her, smiling politely. She had noticed Miharu had a gun with her on the bridge, but didn't question it. Most likely this girl was talking about Miharu, but she seemed to have accused Miharu of causing the train derailing. Although she was quite angry at Miharu getting blamed, she easily put it behind a small smile. Cynthia tapped the girl on the shoulder.

"You mean Miharu?" asked Cynthia, planning to get rid of this girl's doubts about Miharu. "She's the one who planned the rescue. She even noticed some scorch marks on the rails and agreed with me that this is not accidental." Cynthia blinked. "I seemed to have forgotten to introduce myself, I'm Cynthia, the champion of the Sinnoh region. And you are?"

---

Miharu quietly waited for Josh to come to reality, knowing that she now knew the person that he had seen died instead of her and some of his inner thoughts.

"Sorry for being so much trouble" he said, "I don't remember everything I did but thanks from keeping me from doing anything too stupid." he finished.

Miharu shrugged. "It is alright Josh." She stood up. "I am sorry that I had to punch Josh in the face." She helped Josh get to his feet. "We should probably find the others. Shall we get moving?"

Last edited:
    Back