• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    We're saved!

-----

I watched as people rose from the water. I spotted everyone in the group and the only ones that seemed to be injured wree Josh and Raike. Miharu was trying to tend to Josh's wound, but I didn't see anymore after noticing how much blood he was losing. I wasn't very good with blood. Anthony had rescued Harley and she began to freak until Ceri finally appeared by her side. I glanced over at Miharu and Josh again and noticed Josh was finally stitched up. I realized all I had been doing was watching, but I wasn't a good swimmer or medic so there wasn't really much I could do anyway. I walked over to Miharu and Josh and asked Miharu a question, "So, is this on the news already?" I asked, "If not, how'd you know?" I looked around a bit more. There were many gym leaders and elite four members and champions. A few I had defeated in the past and others was yet to defeat. I almost wanted to walk up to Cynthia, almost. I was a little shy sometimes and I would have little to say to her anyway. It looked like everyone was on land now so it was almost over.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "I seemed to have forgotten to introduce myself, I'm Cynthia, the champion of the Sinnoh region. And you are?"

Ceri quickly spun around, Harley on his back, and growled a little. Harley didn't stop the growling, but narrowed her eyes. Miharu the name sounded familiar, so she guessed that they were both talking about the same person. And the name Cynthia from the elite four was also familiar. Harley had heard the name maybe on the tv or something, but just because she was famous, didn't make her some kind of prophet.

"Harley. I'm Harley." Harley said a little stiffly. "That was private between me and Ceri, it's not very polite to butt into people's conversations."

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Anthony remembered he had seen Josh struggle onto the shore and thought that he should go check up on him, hoping he wasn't lying in a pool of blood somewhere. He passed Harley on the back of Ceri talking to Cynthia and Kris looking from afar and Raike not far away. He walked to the temporary hospital tent first, yet there was no sign of Josh and none of the doctors had seen the boy the Anthony described. Pitch walked silently by his side, and only barked when she could smell a familiar scent.

Anthony looked and saw..... Miharu! standing over top of a barely conscious Josh. He rushed over, Josh seemed okay and Miharu had patched him up. "Miharu!" he called as he caught up to the two, "where the hell were you?" He assessed Josh and saw his arm looking better, but he was in no fit state to go anywhere. "It doesn't matter, we can't journey today with Josh injured, can you get Bishoman to teleport the six of us to Jubilife City? We can take the rest of the day to chill out, then we can set out tomorrow morning when Josh is better." he asked.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh listened as Anthony came over and suggested they rest in Jubilife city until he was better. "No!" he said, "Clearly people are after us, we need to stay away from other people or we risk endangering their lives with are presence" he had a moment of Deja vu, "I've made an argument along those same lines recently, haven't I?" He asked Miharu.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    -Raike's face showed worry, as he glanced down at his hands, which held Raven, who was injured. To Raike she looked just the same as when they had first met, the injured Eevee. He scoffed halfheartedly before turning his back on the group, and heading towards the pokemon center, trying to hide his limp. His jacket was beginning to turn red, due to the blood. To him, it felt like someone had poured kerosene the right side of his body and lit it on fire. He grit his teeth, bearing the pain,and would continue to do so until Raven was healed.-

"..."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Miharu answered Kris's question. "Yes, it was in the news." Then Anthony came by and yelled/asked where she was.

"I was gathering the gym leaders, the elite four, and the champions to rescue Anthony's worthless arse and everyone else," stated Miharu.

When Josh, after saying no to going to Jubilife City, asked her if he had said something like that before, she nodded. "Somewhat." Miharu noticed Raike walking away, limping and holding his Umbreon in his arms. She narrowed her eyes and telepathically asked Bishamon to teleport them here. When she closely saw the bad wounds on both Umbreon and Raike, she started working on Umbreon first, knowing that Raike wouldn't accept medical help until she helped Umbreon first. She checked Umbreon's wound and noticed that it looked worse than it actually was. She took out a full restore from the first aid kit and used it on Umbreon which stung, but fully healed his wounds. The pokemon moved slightly, but didn't complain.

"Umbreon is fine now," stated Miharu. She then looked at Raike's wound. It also was not as bad as it looked and she also wrapped a bandage around the wound. When done, she wiped her forhead from the sweat that had appeared, noticing the blood that was on her hands that had probably gotten onto her forhead as well.

---

Cynthia smiled. "Well, you were speaking out loud and anyone could hear you. Plus, you were blaming my friend for this and she was the one who got everyone together and because of her, there were no deaths. Now, I can't make you change your mind, but I can try. Have a nice day Harley, and your friends are over there." She pointed to where Miharu and the men around her were and walked off.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh looked at Raike, he was obviously hurt, "hmmmm, Raike made a liar out of Miharu" he said blankly, remembering how Miharu had told him no one else but him had been injured . He realized that probably wasn't the smartest thing he could have said and decided to stay quiet until Raike had left, and hoped nobody would question what he had just said.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Miharu lies...

-----

As I listened and watched, Miharu had teleported Raike here and patched him up. Then Josh spoke up, "hmmmm, Raike made a liar out of Miharu"

"What?" I asked, a little confused.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

(OOC: Kris questioned!)

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    "damn" thought Josh as Kris asked what, "Miharu told me earlier that no one was hurt earlier, but Raike is hurt right now, so he was probably hurt when she told me no one was, thus Raike made Miharu a liar" he explained quickly, hoping that Kris wouldn't question anything further.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    The lies explained...

-----

"Miharu told me earlier that no one was hurt earlier, but Raike is hurt right now, so he was probably hurt when she told me no one was, thus Raike made Miharu a liar" Josh explained.

"Oh...okay then?" I said as I leaned down to Dusk. I began to pet him as I waited to know what we were to do next.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu heard Josh, but didn't comment. Bishamon had told her that everyone was fine, so she wondered why Bishamon would lie to her about that.

How come Bishamon said that no one was hurt?

Sorry, master, his worry for his pokemon made his pain from the wound nonexistent. Because of that I really thought that no one was injured.

Miharu sighed. That is alright Bishamon. Nothing we can do about the past.

She watched as Cynthia walked away from Harley.

What did Cynthia want with Harley?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Could have been a ploy, felt guilty for the innocent," Harley said under her breath as Cynthia walked away. Harley could see Miharu in the distance, helping out people and Pokémon. Harley sneered a little, maybe this was all a ruse. She patted Ceri on the back and pointed towards the rest of the group. Ceri nodded and trudged forward. As they approached the group, she could see blood staining clothes, crumpled faces on people. She could easily see that she wasn't the only one that was physically hurt by the crash. Anthony was here, a well as Josh and the others. And Miharu. Ceri made a small growling noise in his throat.

"So what's happening?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    ((OOC: Well, Miharu isn't angst full yet, but she is now. XD))

Miharu glanced over Harley and Ceri when she walked over, making sure that they weren't injured. "What Harley missed? Anthony is trying to get everyone over to Jubilife City for some odd reason and is trying to get me to ask Bishamon to teleport us all there. Josh seems to be disagreeing with the idea though. Is Harley alright? Was Harley's pokemon hurt?"

"If Anthony needs to use Bishamon for teleporting, Bishamon agrees, but I do need to stay here and help with the people. I am the one who got everyone together, I might as well finish what I started."

Misty ran over to the group, panting. "Miharu, we really need you right now! Uh, it's someone that you know..."

Miharu's head snapped up, going through a list of the people she knew. Kaida is in Johto, looking for Ho-oh and Lugia, last time I heard she was still there. Mum should still be in Pallet Town, as well as Professor Oak so who could this person be?

Misty stumbled over her words. "It's, uh, your mum."

Miharu cursed, as both Misty and Miharu ran up to the First Aid Tents. Although Miharu didn't exactly pray to god, or even believed that he existed, she started praying right then and there.

---

Miharu walked out of the tent, fell down to her knees, and started punching the ground. Her mother had just passed away.

One death out of the hundreds that survived.

She couldn't save the one whom was most important to her.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    (OOC: i love how you used mum instead of dangid mom)

"Harley," Harley said slowly. Why was she talking in third person? Was this some kind of egotistical thing or was she just screwing with her? Whatever it was, it was weird, "is fine. I almost drowned and Ceri almost died, but we're okay now." Harley barely even got to finish her sentance as Miharu was pulled away by a red headed girl and left for a tent. She didn't even talk about herself in third person. Obviously, this Miharu person was a spaz and was making it out to annoy her as much as possible. Ceri coughed a little to distract Harley, which worked. She shrugged a little and patted Ceri, who turned to Anthony.

"Jubilife? Why Jubilife? Is that close to that library?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu allowed the tears to fall for a few seconds, before hastily wiping them away. This wasn't the time to mourn her loss, to mourn her mother's death. Something was still very wrong with the world and the train crashing was no accident. She vowed to find the guy who caused the crash, and bring him to justice. Or take revenge. Whichever option seems appealing at the time. She would mourn her mother's death when this was all over, when everything was over. Then was when she could mourn, when she could allow herself to truly cry. She looked at her bloody knuckles and couldn't help but punch the earth one last time. She tried her best to brush off the dirt and wipe the blood off, but couldn't seem to do it very well. She took in a deep, shaky breath, and exhaled. She shaky stood on her two wobbly legs and walked back to the group in time to manage to catch Harley's question.

"Jubilife City is only a few hours away from traveling to Canalave City which has the library," she stated, voice in a monotone. Miharu couldn't help but think she looked like a mess. She probably had blood on her clothes, her bloody knuckles with some pieces of dirt, and her now tear streaked face.

My emotions are in a mess, I could be a huge liability to the group...DAMNITDAMNITDAMNITDAMNIT!

Miharu rubbed her forehead to try to get rid of the headache that she was feeling. Her mind was becoming chaotic, her emotions running out of control, her thoughts were all in a jumble. She pushed all of her thoughts and emotions to the back of her mind. It wouldn't help in the long run, in fact it could cause huge psychological problems, but what's one more added?

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh looked at Miharu crying, he then knew that someone had died, that someone had needed Miharu more then he had. "So it happens again" he said sadly, mostly too himself, cloudy memories attempted to grab hold of him, but he wouldn't let them. He couldn't be their right then, he felt responsible, he stood up and walked towards the water and sat down at the point right before the waves touched him.

He was drawing pictures, not something he normally did, not something that he wasn't even aware he was doing until he looked down to see a picture of a Ninetales in the sand. He rubbed it away, trying not to cry as he did so, Ninetales had been his sisters Pokemon before the accident, afterwards it had stayed with his Father. He turned his attention back towards the water and when he looked down again it was a picture of a girl, not Miharu or his sister, it was 'her', he wiped it away again. He wondered what the russian roulette of his mind would draw in the sand next, it was 'her' again, but it was her right before she died, deep sadness and understanding in her eyes.

Josh didn't wipe away the last picture immediately, his mind drew him back to the last moment he had seen 'her'. She had never told him 'her' real name, so he had always just known 'her' as 'her'. She had helped and paid a price way too high, his sister might of shattered his mind but she blew away the pieces. He wiped the picture away and stared at his hands as if daring them to draw something else. "I really am going insane" he thought to himself as he looked at his hands, "can't even trust my own body" he said under his breath, staring placidly at his hands.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu glanced at Josh when he said, "So it happens again." She remembered that his sister and mother died when he was younger, she wasn't sure when, and wondered if she was feeling selfish for feeling bad about her loss if his loss was still hitting him hard. She was not even sure when his loss was, it could have been last week to when he was younger. She watched him walk off near the water and starting drawing.

Miharu...?

Miharu knew something was bad when Bishamon ever called her Miharu. It usually meant that something bad was going to happen. She wondered if she could take anymore.

Yes Bishamon?

There is someone nearby that is staring at the group with ill-intent.

Miharu blinked, before glancing about. Where?

I...I am sorry. I can not pinpoint their exact location. There is something blocking, it is obvious that they are using a dark type's influence or a ghost type...

Miharu remembered the scorch marks on the rails that seemed to come from a fire attack, but what if it wasn't from a fire attack...?

The scorch marks! Those are from a Shadow Ball, not a fire attack!

I think so as well...Miharu, are you okay?

Miharu sighed. I realize that I am not, Bishamon, but I cannot let...her death get to me.

I am sorry for your loss.

As am I. When I get some time alone, I should probably call Kaida...She was like a mother to Kaida as well...

I will keep you updated in case this person slips up.

Thanks Bishamon.

Miharu glanced around the group. "I am not sure if anyone has heard, but the train derailing is not an accident. Cynthia and I checked the railing and there were scorch marks there. However, Bishamon has just told me that someone is watching the group with ill-intent, most likely the person that derailed the train, but he cannot pinpoint exactly where this person is because they are using something that is redirecting his psychic powers. We think that they are using a Dark type's or a Ghost type's influence in order to do so. The scorch marks are not from a fire attack as many people would have thought, but probably from Shadow Ball."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Josh listened as Miharu told them about the ill-intended stranger hiding away from the them. He wasn't sure if he trusted himself to talk, he had walked along the road of madness a long time and had realized he wasn't always able to control what he said when his mind was pushed hard enough. That madness had been kept at bay for a while because of 'her', but in the end it was just a postponement, some things had to be lived through, and trying to stop it was a dangerous thing to do.

He realized he his mind was drifting, "If someone is watching us with ill intent then Josh thinks we should leave as soon as possible", it took him a second to realize that he had just referred to himself in the third person. He was starting to steal mannerisms from the people around him, just like what happened before, "at least the people around Josh are better then the ones before" he said, not realizing until after the fact that he had spoken what he meant to say. He decided it was time to stay quiet, then realized if it was that easy he wouldn't have said that last sentence.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu blinked when she heard Josh refer himself to third person. "Is Josh alright? Is he delirious to the blood loss?" Miharu wondered what that last sentence meant. Perhaps when Josh was better she would ask that question. She also wondered if Raike would get "jealous" of their, Josh and Miharu's, interactions considering that he had a crush on her. Although, she didn't want Raike to be jealous.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    "Not delirious, just mentally unstable" he said before he could stop himself, "damn" he thought, which thankfully stayed in his head, "might as well explain" he said, "Josh isn't the most stable person, Josh's actions earlier proved that, and stress causes Josh's mind to start stealing others mannerisms, like how wonderful Miharu talks." he said, hoping that Miharu had missed the wondeful or mistook it for meaning her way of talking, "Also when Josh is stressed, Josh isn't able to completely control Josh's mouth from saying what Josh thinks" he finished.

Back