• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

for those who like to type Pokémon with the accent over the e (é)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • When writing fanfiction on Office, I used to be able to press Ctrl+' and then e, which would result in a nice little é. But that doesn't work for OpenOffice, so nowadays I just write Pokemon and Poke Ball and Pokenav and all that. I honestly don't think it matters hugely. If I really need one, I'll go to Insert > Special Character, but that takes a while so I don't normally bother.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I just use- on my laptop- Fn + alt + 130 (or jlm). Yayy. And I usually do the accent but sometimes I am lazy so whatever. It's not like it becomes something completely different without the accent.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Since I primarily use a laptop, I just use the regular E. Sometimes, when I get on a regular computer, I press Alt and 130 in that order. on the keyboard.

That results in é which is different from é,
    é is pronounced as ae which results in Pokémon pronounced as Pokaemon.
    I suggest you use é instead lol. //learned from Altaria~ aka Pokemon Trainer Touko lol

Anyway,
    back on topic.

I use Alt + 0233 which is probably the hardest way to alt it but I'm used to it. Before, I used Alt + 130 until this person told me that it's wrong.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I suggest you use é instead lol. //learned from Altaria~ aka Pokemon Trainer Touko lol.

Uh...those two look identical to me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I suggest you use é instead lol. //learned from Altaria~ aka Pokemon Trainer Touko lol

Anyway,
    back on topic.

I use Alt + 0233 which is probably the hardest way to alt it but I'm used to it. Before, I used Alt + 130 until this person told me that it's wrong.

é é
    é é

Yeaaaah. The two é's are the same. Did it in both my font, and in your font. Just look at the two of them when they're in larger font and bigger. I'm not sure where she got that. And yes, I made sure several times that I did not copy/paste the same é.

Anyways, I'm lazy, so I never bother to type it out as Pokémon. Instead I just write Pokemon.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I memorized all the Alt codes for the accented letters used in the French language(é, è, ê, à, ç, œ), thus I use Alt+130 for the é in Pokémon since I know it anyway. However, before I learned the codes for writing French, I'd just spell Pokemon as such, without the accent.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I always write the right accents for words--it's second nature even if I don't have the right stuff on my keyboard. I kind of obsess about it actually.
    Whenever I'm on a Mac (rarely since I have a school PC laptop now so I don't need to use the family computer) I do the standard Alt +e, then e. If on a Vista or 7 I install the US International keyboard and use it as my default keyboard (delete the old default since it's useless to me), and it allows me to type all kinds of things with no trouble. :3 I even once tried to make a custom revision of the US International keyboard to improve it so I could even type IPA symbols but that never worked out since it didnt seem to want to let me actually use the template I created.
    Anyway, I'm on an XP right now and they don't even have US International, so for now I'm using Spanish to get all my basic umlaute and acutes. ¡¿áéíóúñüöëïä
    I may switch to French at some point since that gives me graves as well.

I used to use æ and œ a lot in words like archæologist and manœuvre, but it's been a while since I've had a keyboard that can type both of them. ;_;

Years
  • I always figured that whether I spelled it Pokemon or Pokémon, it shouldn't make a big difference, as people understand what I mean either way. When I do decide to use the e with the acute accent, I always press Alt+0233 (I actually found this out by accident when I was pressing Alt and random numbers on the number pad).

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    If I'm on my desktop, Alt-133. If I'm on my laptop, Fn-Alt-133. If I'm on my (3)DS(i), I just change keyboards. If I'm on my phone, I skip it.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    well unfortunately my laptop doesn't do this and it's a Windows 7? I just type Pokemon, people are going to know what it is no matter the e you use. I never knew how to change a single letter up like that, and I'm used to not using it so I don't mind it.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • none of your fancy schmancy ways worked for me. It ended up making my computer beep tons of times then everything went white. Oh well, I'll just continue writing 'Pokemon'. It's easier anyways, and it doesn't really matter much to me.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I just copypasta it from other websites that have that e with accent aigu. It's not really that hard, though it can get tedious. Therefore I often don't "type" that é.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Huh, I thought everyone had the ' on their keyboard lol. You don't need ´ necessarily, if you just type ' and e after that, you get é. Also I only do it if I'm being official or anything, but when I'm just talking to people I don't even capitalize so yeah.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Well, I have a Mac, and Macs pretty much have shortcuts for EVERYTHING, so I just do that…

command+e+[vowel you're gonna put an accent on]… it's not a big deal at all xD

Pokémon, voilá, güera, niño… hahaha, EVERYTHING

Back