• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

for those who like to type Pokémon with the accent over the e (é)

Mentalii

Back
Years
  • I just press the "é" button :pink_boogie:
    Because yes, on my keyboard, I already have the "é" button, so I don't need all of your manipulations !
    Mouhaha, I feel so proud :pink_tongue:
    => é è ë ê

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    AltGr + e and Ctrl + Alt + e both result in é on my keyboard. And my keyboard isn't weird mondays suck ;) it's a standard keyboard. Where I'm from, anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yo, I don't even know how to get that accent e. Wouldn't use it anyway. I'm so used to just typing Pokemon without it. lol

Pawz

The PC Gamer
    Years
  • I use Alt Gr + E, but on my old computer and keyboard I couldn't use the accent without copy and pasting it.
    However, I rarely use é when I type words. :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I use the normal e instead of the e that is in Pokemon because it requires work and I dont want to put all of that effort (although it seems simple) into just typing a name.

:t354:TG

Guest123_x1

I usually type it out as "Pokémon", getting the "é" with Alt+0233, but on occasion may type it out as just "Pokemon", usually on my laptop (since to use numeric keypad number keys that reside on the same keys as letters, I have to hold down the "Fn" key in addition to the aforementioned keystrokes, and most likely when I'm in a hurry, again, just type it out as "Pokemon".

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • I press Alt + Ctrl and E.

I think it's because my computer is set to Irish rather than English and while I can't speak a word of the language it has a symbol that is the long e sound. Also handy when people have names with 'é' in.

Weird I don't get the euro sign on my computer (which I would use MUCH more), that I usually copy and paste rather than use the code.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I just type it out by pressing the 2/é/@ button. Alt+Ctrl/Alt Gr + E results in the €.
    I could also type it out by typing Alt Gr+ù =´ and e. But since the first option is the easiest and fasted, it's the one I use most.

Pokémon.

Just a personal oppinion, but I like Pokémon more than Pokemon... It just seems... less bland to me.

PS: to poster on previous page, are you sure you don't mean è and é?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Alt Gr + E
    This. And I always put the accent in, out of habit. It doesn't look right to me without, but I'm not bothered if others don't put it in.

I think it's because my computer is set to Irish rather than English and while I can't speak a word of the language it has a symbol that is the long e sound. Also handy when people have names with 'é' in.

Weird I don't get the euro sign on my computer (which I would use MUCH more), that I usually copy and paste rather than use the code.

The code for € is Alt Gr + 4 :D

I know how to type the 'é' in Pokémon from having to type stuff up for Irish class. So I always call the accent a 'fada' (short for 'síneadh fada') even though it strictly isn't one :P

The é in the Irish language is used to make an "ay" sound (little fun fact for you all there) so it would be Pokaymon xD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • it comes automatically to me, most times when I type the word Pokémon.. on here anyway.

Or you could just hold down 'Alt Gr' and 'E' that's the quickest way for me anyways!

Last edited:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • The only possible way to type in that "é" on my Toshiba Laptop is to do CTRL and ' (apostrophe) simultaneously, then press e. even then, it only works in the address bar and word processors such as Microsoft Word. For some peculiar reason it will not let me type it in this box. :?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It doesn't really matter to me how I type it. When posting on forums, I just go without it: "Pokemon" Otherwise, I'd have to do the Alt + 0233 thing all the time (because I always have other things on my clipboard to copy/paste). Besides, I'm quite sure that everyone knows what I'm talking about when I use the word "Pokemon", accented e or not.

For fanfic purposes, though, I have it set to auto-correct the accented e into the words, so I type as normal, and everything fixes itself.

In Fair Verona

4BR4 C4D4V3R
    Years
  • All I do is hit 'e' and 'Alt Gr'. I never understood all the fiddling about with Notepad, or using any number pad combinations (mostly because I've always used laptops) - I don't see why I should mess about with other methods when there's a much quicker and easier method right in front of me.

Cid

Years
  • I actually have it pasted in the address bar of a random New Tab. (or in the search bar when I'm not using Chrome)
    Never really thought of pressing Alt + 130.
    From now on, I'll be doing that as long as I don't have é on Ctrl + V. :D

Back