• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Fossil pokemon evolutions leaked

Years
  • Fossil pokemon evolutions leaked

Fossil pokemon evolutions leaked

^ Found those pictures on Serebii. Just look at that thing. One of the most badass Pokemon I have ever laid eyes on. Soooo cool. It also learns Head Smash, so imagine STAB Head Smash + STAB Outrage. I just hope that Attack stat is there to back it up.

It has been said that it used to be the king of pokemons 100 million years ago, so I exept its stat to be very high. It would be cool if it would have a psuedo-legendary stats.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • It will be hard to choose... Both are awesome. Knowing me, I'll probably go with Tyrantrum, but Aurorus looks pretty good as well.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I don't really think much of Tyrantrum. He's not as fearsome as he's probably designed to be. I think I'd be more worried about encountering a Haxorus. Aurorus is really stunning though, really hoping to use her in game. Just hope she's not ruined by being a wall with that typing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrantum was Kalos' pseudo-legend dragon. I mean, it's part dragon and probably have ridiculously high stats, to compensate the ridiculously high evolution level / ridiculously hard evolution method if probably has.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • It's hard to tell if Tyrantrum will have awesome stats overall or not. The majority of fossil Pokemon are limited to having a BST of 495(with only Aerodactyl(515) and Archeops(567) as exceptions). Tyrantrum could still be a threat with this limitation, just invest it all in attack and speed and call it a deal from there.

I just doubt it will be a pseudo-legend though, because why give one fossil Pokemon such amazing stats plus a decent ability, have Archeops just sit there with an awful ability as a handicap, and have the rest watch it prevail. It would be nice, since I like Tyrantrum a lot, but chances are it's not going to happen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Aurorus is really stunning though, really hoping to use her in game. Just hope she's not ruined by being a wall with that typing.
    They will, actually. Every fossil pairs has one as a sweeper (Kabutops, Armaldo, Rampardos, and Archeops) and the other as a tank/wall (Omastar, Cradily, Bastiodon, and Carracosta). Tyrantium screams out "sweeper," while Aurorus screams out "tank." Like I said, Aurorus is going to be the worst of the two because of how it fails as a tank with that dual type that's meant for sweepers.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Eh, you never know. If Gen VI is the revamp GF claims to be I wouldn't put past it, especially because you can't really hope to compare a T-Rex to a Archeopteryx.

Insanium

Jimmy Cream
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Can we talk about the potential of Aurorus having Giga Impact or Hyper Beam with the Refrigerate ability? Does that seem like a wise strategy for making the most out of that ability? What would you guys think about it having one of the most powerful ice type attacks?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They will, actually. Every fossil pairs has one as a sweeper (Kabutops, Armaldo, Rampardos, and Archeops) and the other as a tank/wall (Omastar, Cradily, Bastiodon, and Carracosta). Tyrantium screams out "sweeper," while Aurorus screams out "tank." Like I said, Aurorus is going to be the worst of the two because of how it fails as a tank with that dual type that's meant for sweepers.
    I sure hope not. I'll actually like to see Aurorus be a sweeper too, a special sweeper as I don't believe we've had a fossil Pokémon as a special sweeper.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I imagine Tyrantrum to have kind of a low health and defensive stats, like Cranidos and Aerodactyl. Speed and Attack are most likely going to be its strong points, and probably its Sp. Attack stat as well. If this Pokémon is going to have a secondary type, then I'm guessing it'll be rock. Either that, or maybe it'll be dark. If it is dark, then I'm not exactly sure how many will use this Pokémon when it comes to battling, since it will be four-times weak to fairy-types. d: It'll be weak to fighting-types, too, which is one of the most Pokémon types in competive play.

Aurorus' second type could be fairy, since it does look a little fairy-like. If it's not fairy, then I think it'll be water. I'm expecting Aurorus to be a slow Pokémon like Swampert and Scizor, but I'll be happy as long as it has high defenses. (: If it has access to Wish, Heal Bell, or any other supporting moves, then it'll be even better!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I sure hope not. I'll actually like to see Aurorus be a sweeper too, a special sweeper as I don't believe we've had a fossil Pokémon as a special sweeper.
    Aurorus specializing mostly on SpA in terms of offense would only put its ability to waste, for there aren't that many Physical Ice moves, and turning normal moves like Return and Body Slam would just as useful as Ice Beam and Blizzard. Plus, there aren't that many Special Normal moves that can be as good as those Ice moves mentioned.

I imagine Tyrantrum to have kind of a low health and defensive stats, like Cranidos and Aerodactyl. Speed and Attack are most likely going to be its strong points, and probably its Sp. Attack stat as well. If this Pokémon is going to have a secondary type, then I'm guessing it'll be rock. Either that, or maybe it'll be dark. If it is dark, then I'm not exactly sure how many will use this Pokémon when it comes to battling, since it will be four-times weak to fairy-types. d: It'll be weak to fighting-types, too, which is one of the most Pokémon types in competive play.

Aurorus' second type could be fairy, since it does look a little fairy-like. If it's not fairy, then I think it'll be water. I'm expecting Aurorus to be a slow Pokémon like Swampert and Scizor, but I'll be happy as long as it has high defenses. (: If it has access to Wish, Heal Bell, or any other supporting moves, then it'll be even better!

Um, their types are already confirmed. Tyrantium is Rock/Dragon, and Aurorus is Rock/Ice.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Good point...however it Aurorus doesn't strike me as a physical attacker...so Hyper Beam will proably be it's best gain...turning it into Ice version with it's ability. Hopefully Kalos will have more special normal moves...like a special version of Return...

PokemonCollector-N

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • I personally love both of them. I remember always liking "long neck" dinosaurs when I was younger, so the auroras are very appealing to me. The tyrants on the other hand, are pretty cool as well, and I think that GameFreak really did well with both of these, regardless of the number of people that compare Tyrantrum to a Digimon. Honestly though, I'm not seeing much that people some people don't seem to compare to Digimon in X and Y.

I'll be getting both games, but I'll probably pick Tyrunt for whichever one I end up playing through first. Simply for the fact that I adore dragon types.

Years
  • Good point...however it Aurorus doesn't strike me as a physical attacker...so Hyper Beam will proably be it's best gain...turning it into Ice version with it's ability. Hopefully Kalos will have more special normal moves...like a special version of Return...

I don't we've ever had a fossil specialize in Sp. Attack since Omastar, and Aurorus looks like a good candidate to be special-based attacker since most Ice-types tend to be in those roles. And I am hoping that this generation will introduce more special-based Normal-type attacks to take advantage of Refrigerate. I am hoping we get a special-based counterpart to Return, because while the move hits hard with max happiness, it's all but wasted potential on special attackers.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Fossil pokemon choice

With only less than a month away from its release, I have one question (team wise). Which fossil pokemon are you going to put on your team? Will you have the mighty Tyrunt, the majestic Amaura or both? Personally, I might go for Amaura since I might need a good ice type for my team (that and dragon's new weakness to fairy type moves).

Years
  • Even with the fairy disadvantage I'll pick Tyrantium. I just can't bring myself to look past the awful Ice/Rock typing that Amaura has.

Years
  • While Amaura's type combination has 2 nasty 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Steel, that won't stop me getting the Sail Fossil because I tend to love Ice-types slightly better. May not use it on my main team though but we'll wait and see.

Back