• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends? You can't live without them, But they can live without you.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • Ugh.
    PC friends.

I swear, some of these friends change faster than a diaper on a baby.

So, I ask you oh glorious members of PC, how many friends have you gone though?
    (Example: They left, Vanished, Unactive, Stop being friends, Banned, etc.)

For me, it's about closing on my second set.
    What, like... 2 of my original group of friends still here/Talk to me?

And Some of my more recent friends have started flicking on and off from PC.

Everything seems distant, ya know?
    Not as glorious as it once was, right?

So, Ever been in my position?
    Or something like it?

Detox

Yeah, when I first got here, All my friends used to talk to me. Now it seems if only 10 of my oldest friends even say hello how are you anymore....Half of them havent logged in since then,and some just ignore every PM/VM I send.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    A lot of my friends and I have drifted apart, either because we're both busy (so we'll talk from time to time), or because I'm fairly inactive on PC, we just don't talk anymore. :x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Actually, it's quite the opposite for me. The majority of my best friends consist of those who I met here. Sure some of them don't say anything to me, but perhaps their is a reason for that. I mean, I don't usually say hi to them unless they say hi to me. Maybe it's the same for that. So, I can safely say that I've yet to lose a friend here from any event that happened. People may leave on breaks, but I try my best to communicate with them when they come back. That's life, in my opinion. Out of all of my friends; through different communities and in real life included, friends through PC are people I want to talk to the most when I'm home. I've gone through so many friends at other communities, though. I'm now only friends with four of the many friends I made from that. But with all that said and done, PC friends are on the top of my friends list on contact list and (for those who have my cell phone number) on my phone as well.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I've drifted apart from almost all of my friends. x_x None of my original friends on PC really talk to me any more; they're all going inactive. As time goes, I make new friends as I lose some. :<

Firstly, there was the Xairmo / Neko Hina group, which is the group that I call my original friends. Most people are inactive, so I don't really talk to any of them anymore.

Aaand now there's this Memory / Derk / Rekhyt thingy which I found. :D And of course the competitive battlers clubby thingy with Dark_Azelf / Lalapizzame / whatev.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've been through many groups of friends.

First the Tali + May etc group...

Then that probably lasted to mid-ish 07, when there was Lil R and Shika.

Then basically from then on, my friends variated, until about April, when Malyka + Jess etc started. Which have seemed to last.

But I don't really speak to May/Tali anymore, and it's like all my original friends exist every three months (In Tali's case it's true), but I'm glad with the friends I ended up with. :3

Years
  • As long as I've been here, I've only had one set of PC friends. Some of them dissipated away... that is they just disappeared eventually and never came back. Some of them I still keep in touch with, actually. They're almost up there with real life friends and I could probably visit them someday. Some of them I talk to sometimes. It's all cool anyway.

It's hard trying to make a new set of friends since everyone's so different now... haha it's really hard to reconnect with the community.

haha.... you know... some of them are still around, actually. I should talk to them more often...

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • As I've been here on PC and other forums, I've lost, and gained friends. Some of them were just inactive, others were when we knew we weren't talking as much as we used to.

Through msn group conversations I've made some good friends, people I thought I'd never really get to know. I'm happy with the people I'm friends with now and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Years
  • I've befriended so many people during my time here at PC that I've actually lost track of most of them, haha. But I did have friends who ended up banned but kept in touch with them either via PC's IRC Chat or MSN, then there are those that disappeared from the face of the earth.

Most of the friends I keep in touch with on PC are those I've actually spent the years with. But I know there's one particular friend of mine I've known since I actually first joined PC that stayed with me throughout, though we don't talk much nowadays, I really do miss her and hope she would come on more often. Though the chances of that are pretty slim.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I feel deserted. Especially when my pair got booted for a while. Two of my old friends talked to me about it. So I'm contented even if I have two or three friends active.

Years
  • On the forum I used to be on I wasn't exactly one to make petty chat with those who want to consider me as their friend. As far as I was concerned, those with whom I wanted to talk were already in contact with me through WLM or personal message, and those with whom I did not were not.

Here, however, I'm being a bit more open to friend requests, if only because I'm not in an 'untouchable' position, as I was on the aforementioned forum.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've made a few friends when I was new to this place and since have made practically no more. None have left me or anything though, we've all stayed tied to the peg called WLM.
    You'd think I know my way around the members by now, given my join date and post count... ha ha... ha. Oh well, I'm a content loner of sorts.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've gone through several groups of friends. First there was Soulless and KittenGirl2000 who've left the forum and I'll probably never talk to them again. After that, I stumbled into the Pokémon Daily Chit-Chat thread and found Fable, Twinx (or whatever his username is now) and BeachBoy. Um, my social life was pretty much non-existent on the forum for a few months, 'cause there's a pretty big gap between February and June. I'm pretty sure I spent it in the DCC with Saryka and company, but I'm not sure. July came around and I found Muzazi, Memory and Azonic. Since then, I've been chilling with them. During all of that though, I've been able to jump in and out of conversations with the Fan Fiction Lounge regulars and certain people (Astinus, Sydian and Jax, namely) deserve to be congratulated for managing to put up with me for so long.

I'd probably have a lot more closer friends if people couldn't get their usernames changed. I don't know who anyone is anymore.

But yeah, friendships are the same offline as they are online: easily destructible. It's impossible to keep up with everyone and eventually, you'll fall out or lose contact with people. We are on a forum with eighty thousand people though; you can expect to have more friends than less.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • A lot of my friends and I have drifted apart, either because we're both busy (so we'll talk from time to time), or because I'm fairly inactive on PC, we just don't talk anymore. :x

I think I'm in that category of friends. A lot of my PC friends have gone inactive without giving me any other way of contacting them, so I've pretty much lost them forever. come back to me kat, scarface, zach and everyone else i forgot to mention!

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
  • bleck.
    my best Interwebz friend has gone completely AWOL.
    I get a PM from her like... once every one months?

and I've just drifted apart from my other group of friends.
    I became a little inactive on MSN. :/
    so that's partially my fault.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • I've got a few friends on PC? about 5 XD

Apart from that nopeee.. :D

And they're always on so its more like ME not being on all the time for them XD but i suspect they can live without me anyway

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    None of my friends have changed, but several of them have quit. The one that stands out most in my mind was Cybex Mewtwo, who quit sometime in 2006 I believe. He was literally my best friend, and now he's gone. My early pair, (poor girl. x_x;) Gothsinn23, quit and came back for about a week, and then quit again. XD And many others from 05. In fact, the only friend I have in mind that was there in 05 was Midori Chi. After I came back from quitting, she was the only familiar member. New friends can be awesome as well though. I've made about forty. XD

Back