• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • I think I saw that actually when I went to Salem, NH. The Newbury Comics across from Popeyes.

Caught my eye but I ignored it since I was with my friends and was more preoccupied with horse masks

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Cadance & Shining Armor will also be Hot Topic exclusive too. Been wanting to pre-order them, but...imma wait on that. xD

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Hey all. I am still around, just not posting much due to all of the announcements for the show are still coming in; I want to have no peeking at spoilers nor to hear about show related full til the 5th season actually starts. Sadly, I already had my share of disappointment fulfilled because someone on Skype [No one from this site nor club] actually spoiled the pilot episode info and the trailer without telling me anything.... and I am very.... ugh about it. Most likely going to miss out on that episode because of it.

So my question for the club is: How do you feel when someone spoils something you've been waiting for?
    It really makes you lost interest in the surprise of it, you know? As well as the entire start of something suppose to be neat.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Made changes to the original post of the club. Spoiler rule has been reenabled. :3

Yeah, it really does ruin the fun. I mean, You're eagerly awaiting for the new episode and it turns out some others have already seen full spoilers. What really pisses me off is that the people that actually hack out the spoilers and put them out in the air. Like come on, give us some patience at least.

Years
  • Spoilers don't bother me for the most part, but when it's, like, something I'm very into, say a new book I just got and I'm borderline the climax and some bastard tells me the ending... Spoilers kill the eagerness, the tension, the excitement, and when you actually see it then you can't even enjoy it because someone's already told you what happens and it's no fun, like Axeliira said.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey guys! I wanted to share my first brony meet up that happened yesterday at the Galleria near downtown Houston. I was freaking nervous at first because I was about to meet people that I never really knew as of yet, but at the same time I know for a fact that they are bronies...but then...what if they are not accepting? I had to take that as a fact just in case.

So anyways, When I checked the meetup page on Facebook, they kept changing the location. I assumed they are just...store hopping and all that. So as I walked over to Hot Topic (which is where they were supposed to hangout at), I walked past a large group of friends, and one of them called me by my t-shirt (wearing a Pinkie Pie t-shirt that day, so I could be easily identified haha). Asked me if I was looking for the Houston Bronies. I replied with a "omg i've been looking for you guys!" Immediately I was welcomed to the group. <3

Basically, we loitered in so many stores, like Hot Topic, Brookstone, and Spencer's. We even went to the Walmart that's nearby where we checked on Pony Merch. Afterwards, we went out to eat. Cici's Pizza was our designated location. Since this was my first meetup, I assumed we talk ponies all the time. That wasn't the case. I met bronies who were also hardcore Pokemon fans like myself. So, being a brony actually opens up a whole new world of friendship.

I had a fun time, especially for a very first meetup. As a "welcome gift" one of the Bronies in the group (who's also an artist!) drew this for me.

Spoiler:

Arsenic

Years
  • I get a wonderful choice between sports addicts and rednecks where I live.

AT LEAST I HAVE THE INTERNET *sob* bohoo wuuhuhu

I'm tempted to move to Tx since I already know someone who moved there since I was a wee lad.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As far as I know, Texas has two cons, three if you count Comicpalooza in Houston, because the same bronies I hung out with the other day are thinking of organizing a meetup sometime around that weekend. I've already secured Fiesta Equestria, so I can't wait for that. :D

Arsenic

Years
  • There's only 1 con near me once a year! PAX east! And its normally only indie games ;-;

I have to drive three hours to get there though. Or go to the mall. Or most chain restaurants. Or to do ANYTHING other than hiking.

Pretty sure I'm the only brony for MILES around also. Celestia I hate where I live

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't been posting here that much (haven't been that much Pony around me until recently)

Anyway, I recently checked out the DVD of Rainbow Rocks from my local library because it's about time I'd watched it, Watched it earlier this morning and I must say that it's WAY better than the first EqG, the only gripes with it:

1. The Dazzlings oozed WAY too much evil (except Sonata Dusk, I felt bad for her being evil)
    2. I also felt sorry for Twilight and Sunset (if you watched the movie, you'll understand)

In other Pony news, I'll be going to a Season 5 Premiere Party with my local Brony group on April 4th, Looking Forward to wearing my custom Pinkie Pie shirt and having fun

One more thing: Does anyone here play the MLP CCG here? :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm hoping to go to my local brony group on the 4th too! They REALLY want me to go, but I haven't had any word on my schedule for that Saturday. I'm hoping for at least a night shift.

Rainbow Rocks was really worth watching and it was so much better than the first movie, however I do like both equally.

Spoiler:

In terms of the CCG, I'm still learning how to play...but I'm more of a collector rather than a player but I'm willing to change that. I have the Rarity/Princess Celestia deck from Canterlot Nights, and the Princess Cadance/CMC deck from The Crystal Games. Plus a lot of boosters from the first series to the latest. My Vinyl tin is already packed with cards.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • I'm hoping to go to my local brony group on the 4th too! They REALLY want me to go, but I haven't had any word on my schedule for that Saturday. I'm hoping for at least a night shift.

Rainbow Rocks was really worth watching and it was so much better than the first movie, however I do like both equally.

Spoiler:

In terms of the CCG, I'm still learning how to play...but I'm more of a collector rather than a player but I'm willing to change that. I have the Rarity/Princess Celestia deck from Canterlot Nights, and the Princess Cadance/CMC deck from The Crystal Games. Plus a lot of boosters from the first series to the latest. My Vinyl tin is already packed with cards.
    Well, I don't have many of the cards, but I DID make a deck around Laughter/Kindness (My main Mane being the CN Fluttershy, but I also have Pinkie Pie with me for in case anyone wants to play with Hearts and Hooves Day rules)

Years
  • I think that Equestria Girls was better than Rainbow Rocks, but it's my opinion. And where was Maud in Rainbow Rocks? I haven't seen it in a while; I can't really remember if I saw her or not.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I think that Equestria Girls was better than Rainbow Rocks, but it's my opinion. And where was Maud in Rainbow Rocks? I haven't seen it in a while; I can't really remember if I saw her or not.

Spoiler:

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
    I don't mind the first Equestria Girls movie, I just don't like the Dolls as they look like an unhealthy fusion of Bratz and Monster High (Yes I know the dolls are meant to be for little girls, but that's still no excuse)

Anyway, thanks to Hoopla (a Digital movie lending service from the Public Libraries) I borrowed the G1 My Little Pony Movie (i.e. the one with the Smooze) and I must say, it was okay, not great, but okay :)

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years

Spoiler:

I personally enjoyed Rainbow Rocks due to my favorite in the movie got her alignments switched about (you can easily guess whom, she plays a main role in the movie) and in my opinion, the movie was scripted better than the original which is good for the writers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back