• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Funny/Unusual Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Whether it's through Wonder Trade or the GTS, there are some funny and strange nicknames. While looking for a Mewtwo on GTS, I found one nicknamed TickleMeElmo. Yep, that's right, named after a Sesame Street character.

So, what kind of nicknames have you seen?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Well my main three pokemon have... unusual names;

My Charizard is called Vulcestor.
    My Chesnaught is called Gaiadormet.
    My Mewtwo is called Amethordar.

Any of my pokemon that I intend to properly raise get a nickname. If they reach Level 90 or over they get a new nickname. So the top three are their new names. Their old ones were;

Charizard was Vulcan.
    Chesnaught was Captain Kalos ( Captain K for naming purposes )
    and Mewtwo was Magikarp.

Years
  • This nickname isn't from a trade or funny but is a very thoughtful name.
    I nicknamed my Treeveant, Rakapilla which is a tree deity or god from Madagascar. Treeveant to me resembles a bobab from the avenue of bobab from Madagascar. So the fits well with Treeveant.
    I also named my greninja sensei.
    And a name I did get from trade a quilladin named M.points

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • I called my Nidoking "Barney" and my Gengar "Casper". For those of you who were born before the year 1995 or so, should know why...

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    When I was younger I used to always name my Squirtle-Squirter, Charmander-Flamer, and Pikachu-Shocker. And now that I'm older I realize how funny those names are.

Years
  • I named all my pokes after Roman Emperors or their wives depending on gender. So I had pokes named Vespasion, Titus, Augustus, Octavia and so on.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My premier in-game team:
    Hayabusa the Greninja
    Doomflower the (Mega)Venusaur
    Brobat the Crobat
    Hinotama the Chandelure
    Derpfish the Stunfisk
    Cold Steel the Aegislash

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Seeing a Lickitung named Miley Cyrus was the highlight of my online experience.

Deer lord, I just nearly choked on air from laughing so hard.

I don't always nickname my pokemon... But when I do, I make sure they're awesome.

I caught a bunch of pokemon for the wonder trade and kept naming them after super heroes. I think the best one that I've gotten in return so far was the Noibat named DirtyLaundry.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I just use random names as my Pokemon's nickname. Like literally the first thing that comes into my head. Like in my first run-through my Greninja was called Cheese; Malamar was called Inky-Ink etc.

Sometimes I name them after people. uwu

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I got a Gengar from a friend early this day and she called it Harry.
    ...And Harry is a well known name where I live which is your every day's popular farmer name.
    I just don't get it at all, but yeah. Completely random.

Years
  • While doing wonder trade, I got a Quagsire named Derp, I thought it suited him quite well. (Note that I don't have anything against Quagsires)

Derp has been a good HM slave too!

And some time after that I got a Furfrou called "i stalk you", I was like... this is not creepy at all. Nope. Should I try to send him back and be cursed or something or...

In the end, I decided that he may have interesting...hobbies, I'm sure he is a good dog. I hope.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The only nicknamed Pokemon I got from Wonder Trade I remember is a Raichu called U. Don't know why, but I found it funny, that's why I kept it.

Also I have nicknamed my Flygon "Cookie". The whole reason I did this is because it learns Crunch and everytime I see this attack "Cookie Crunch" comes to my mind. ^^"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back