• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Funny/Unusual Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
  • My main team consists of Dororo the Greninja and Pizza the Lucario. That's it for the funny nicknames for my main team. My other Pokemon names are Evening the Talonflame, Randi the Alakazam (Stephenplays reference), Rune the Venasaur and Shine the Carbink.

I like to name my legendaries after food. Since I have X version I named Xerneas Waffles, Zygarde Syrup and Mewtwo Pie. I haven't caught Moltres yet and if I ever get Y version I'm naming Yveltal Pancakes.

My GTS and Wonder Trade life has been pretty memorable so far... I put up a Caterpie named Mewtwo (Pokemon 'Bridged reference) and a Graveler named Wrecking Ball. On the GTS I came across a Xerneas named '2sweg4U'. On the Wonder Trade I received an Amoongus named Kevin. It's funny because that's the name of my mam's fiancé.

My boxed Pokemon are:

Delibird - Santa Clause. I think that one is pretty obvious.
    Bidoof - Smartass. XD
    Litwick - Maizie. Since Litwick steals souls and is technically an evil Pokemon, I named it after my cat, who is also evil.
    Houndour - Rainbow. A surprisingly fitting name.
    Snorlax - Pudsey bear.
    Espurr - Death. Lol.
    Jynx - Nicki Manaj. XP

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    i think it's a little amusing to nickname un-evolved pokemon their actual name.
    that way after i trade it, and it evolves, the name stays >.<

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My Pokemon Y team is:
    Chesnaught (M)- Charnne
    Talonflame (M)- Flafadel
    Alakazam (M)- Psy-Mon (Pronounced Simon)
    Blastoise (M)- Neptune
    Aegislash (F)- Aidith

The only Pokemon on my team that doesn't have a nickname is Sylveon, because I received it originally in a trade.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    i am naming all my pokemon names of LoL champions like i named a pichu Teemo :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Seeing a Lickitung named Miley Cyrus was the highlight of my online experience.
    That's funny because...

tumblr_mvnbl8vUu21ql0jweo1_500.jpg

He came in like a wrecking ball.

I also have a Meditite called Syannietteli. Such a long name.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • I got a gyarados called Sothe. :P Why must I always get the random names?! And here's one that I particularly like not funny/weird but a lapras named Nessie.

Reactions: Sun

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • If I had a Pancham I would call it "Green Tongue" thinking that it always had its green tongue sticking out, which would obviously look strange on a real Pokemon. :P I'd also call Slurpuff "Ice cream", Carbink "Bunny Head" and Dedenne "Lil Raichu".

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I got an Eevee, named as 'Thank u Obama'. Original isn't it? :/

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Since Pokemon Black 2, I've named every single one of the Pokemon I catch (Except for one Minccino in Black 2). Here's some of the highlights from Pokemon Y:

Xono the Gible
    Montoya the Zororark
    Ryu the Lucario
    And...
    Leonidas the Charizard.
    There's also Hexine the Doublade. I got the inspiration from something I read somewhere that said something like "Honedge should've been called Hexcalibur". I was going to name mine that but it was female.

Last edited:

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • Goober the Goodra, Dr. Goose the Goomy, True Paul the Jynx, Papa Squat the Cryogonal, Raff Riff the Nidorino with Magenter the Nidorina, Don Dropp the Dedenne, Key Snider the Klefki... This is the only thing I go for! I'm actually way disappointed with how many people on the GTS or Wonder Trade are just too cool to name their Pokémon, it's like come ooon dudes and she-dudes

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • The only Pokemon I nicknamed on Y were three Flabebe that I put on wonder trade. Their names were:

Blood Flower (for a red one)
    Pee Flower (for a yellow one)
    Potty Time (for a yellow one)

Unfortunately, I didn't get any nicknamed Pokemon. It's a shame, because I was hoping for equally dumb nicknames. Also, the connection was lost while I traded two of the aforementioned Flabebe. I wonder if my trading partners disconnected because of the nicknames.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I got a Pichu off wonder trade called Patches, it was a real "aww" moment. Also a Pansear called Fire Log.

I've gotten some naughty ones using asterisks and exclamation marks to censor them, I probably shouldn't share them....

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I named my Litleo "Catfire", and my Squirtle "Leonardo", after the TMNT.

Also, I've got a Raichu named Volta, and when I get a Zekrom, I'll name him Tesla. Since Reshiram is the opposite of Zekrom, I'll name him Edison.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I named my super small Gourgeist 2SPOOKY4U. Haven't seen too many funny nicknames but I do recall getting a Sentret off wonder trade called "Big O"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back