• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well, we've got just under 24 hours until we find out and hopefully get some more S/M news! On an unrelated note I'd like to see them reveal GSC for the eShop.

Oh I'd love to see them announce that. It's the only generation that won't be able to have a connection to 7th gen otherwise.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am expecting a Game Play trailer or new pokemon discovered trailer to be honest. As stated, the direct is supposed to be covering the coming up games for the rest of the year.

I was right about the game play trailer on the 21st? That was my prediction and we got a throwing the sea cucumber pokemon back into the sea. I did also say it may just be really small with no pokemon. So I don't know why they would skip.

The Direct could be a diversion and we get blind sided by trailer right after the Direct ends or right before. But either way, I think we will get at least something. As I said earlier, I would like to see some of the town names.

As for times, I know some don't know and don't look at all the time zones, but for the US, these are the times for a quick glance.

10am Eastern
    9am Central
    8am Mountain
    7am Pacific

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Actually, since this Direct is for 3DS owners in general, and not just Pokémon fans, revealing something major like the return of Megas or details on a new feature would seem more effective to show. Just one new Pokémon or Alola form would certainly please Pokémon fans, but they already have a slew of announcements to look forward to on Pokémon's Youtube channel. But 3DS owners who aren't interested in Pokémon will need more than just a Pokémon or recolor to get them interested in the titles. Since you have to go out of your way (and as such, already be a Pokémon fan) to make use of the Pokémon channel's announcements, this Direct is Nintendo's chance to try to broaden the appeal of SM to 3DS owners who still haven't jumped on board. So I feel as though if they do show something, it would probably be more like a feature that they think would appeal even to people who aren't or haven't been interested in Pokémon. I mean, they could reveal a new Pokémon, Alola form, or starter evolutions, too, but those by themselves likely aren't going to convert non-fans into getting the games, so this is really their best opportunity to detail a major feature or facility, if the game has any.

As for gen 2 on VC, Pokémon never celebrates the anniversary of non-gen 1 titles (or rather, they haven't in the past). So the pessimist in me can't imagine they would care enough about gen 2 by itself to celebrate its 20th anniversary ("2019 marks the 23rd anniversary of gen 1!"). So, might as well release them on VC when they're ready. Being able to transfer Pokémon from gen 2 VC into SM would definitely be another selling point for SM, at least.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    If this is the case, the soner the better. I feel as if though there are those that appreciated Gen II just as much if not moreso than Gen I, so it'd be nice to cater that group, also.
    Indeed, I found the Johto games much more enjoyable then Kanto.

Years
    I read Rivvon's post and I find it so shocking that Game Freak don't acknowledge the anniversary of any Pokemon game other than 1st Gen titles. No wonder I am speculating the Alola Forms are nothing but Kanto fanservice.

Years
    I missed the reveal because Firefox crashed on me but wow, Alolan Rattata! Interesting because I think a new Alola Form was something I speculated would be revealed.

Years
    The trailer had new tribal hymnal music, which oddly was the most interesting aspect of the trailer.

I am secretly hoping they will ending of the direct presentation closes with more sun and moon news...fingers crossed (but its unlikely).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The direct was a bit meh overall, most of the games that looked interesting were ones I had already known about. (like Ace Attorney and Shin Megami Tensei)

Kinda surprised they didn't go for another Pokemon blowout. I guess they might have another one around the time CoroCoro releases?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    They seem to be releasing information a lot slower, which is kind of a good thing I guess? Anyways Snorlax's Z-Move looks absolutely terrifying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back