• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Game Corners are not available in European Platinum

TeaTiMe

Breeder Elite
    Years
    No game corner?

Ok so I am from Brittan, I have the UK version (Just bought it) but your telling me even though I'm of legal age I can't gamble in Pokemon? This has got to be a hoax

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    WHERE IN ALL OF ENGLAND IS MY GAMBALING? BAH!!!!!!!!

Damn my British nature! But I don't agree to just d-loading the games... I support nintendo in anyway I can when it comes to buying Pokémon games. But then again, I just enjoy the whole saving up my money to buy the game so.... heh.

Years
    This looks like old news I just found out today, I thought maybe I had to wait till a certain point in the game to play them. I guess it's not such a big lose but I did like to play the slots. Plus being 22 years of age it really makes me think I am far tooooo old to be playing a game that the makers are worried about corrupting my young mind with slot machines. Now I feel like a child.
    The slots in no way encouraged me to gamble, neither does "texas hold em" in 42 Classics. Althoguh I still don't see how trading BP for a scratch card isn't gambling . . . sure does make me want to buy real scratch cards to win real money !! They are way more exciting than slot machines !!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    At least there is still statch cards at the battle frontier, that would have really pissed me off!

That is a plus, I have to agree. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they would remove it. The Game Corner is like gambling yes, but if you look at the other hand, the Scratch Cards are similar to the Game Corner as well. Seeing as how you have to 'spend your battle points' to get those prizes, it's just like gambling. The prizes aren't that great, but it still does count as betting. Instead of betting your money, you're betting your Battle Points which is like the same thing really. Though if the EU had to remove anything else, that's the only thing I would say they would remove.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    Ok so I am from Brittan, I have the UK version (Just bought it) but your telling me even though I'm of legal age I can't gamble in Pokemon? This has got to be a hoax

I assure you its true, as long as the younger generation are the target audience for Pokemon, gambling will now continue to be removed.

Back