• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you regret playing?

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Maple Story... That pretty much dominated my life for about two years. However, I did meet someone who I know is gonna be a lifelong friend on there, so I don't regret everything about it. =O

xXI JOE IXx

runescape, it became a addiction... >_< now I play pokemon, a fun addiction! =D

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I regret getting an Xbox 360. I didn't buy it, I got it for Christmas, but looking back I wish I'd asked Santa to bring me something else instead. There isn't a single game on the console that appeals to me, and out of all the games I've played on it, only one was remotely fun (Tales of Vesperia). I'm going to keep the console for Final Fantasy XIII, but there isn't much else I want for it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    My Sims gets my vote. I'm not sure why I even bought it. Very boring, confusing, and not what I wanted in a Sims game.

Also, both Nintendogs and Hamsterz. The first one because I feel guilty sometimes thinking of my pixelated dogs starving, waiting for me to walk them. (But I have my own real dogs to take care of!) The latter one because it was just a sorry excuse my parents tried to placate me because I wanted a hamster. Real hamsters can't be trained to sing, people.

If we go with games I regret buying, than that prize goes to my Wii. Looked all over the state for it for months. We finally bought it at Christmastime, hooked up the system, played a few games. Now it's just sitting there collecting dust.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    My Pokemon Ranch. There's nothing really there to actually play.

I honestly paid $10 for a screen saver and elevator music?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I got a few games I could list here...

Azumanga Fighters: Ahh, Let's fight! (PC)

Irritating Stick (PSX)

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of The Lions (PSP / Something else from a long time ago)

Yep.... say, if you want that Azumanga Daioh fighting game, PM me, I'll get it to you. (As it is freeware...)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I regret getting an Xbox 360. I didn't buy it, I got it for Christmas, but looking back I wish I'd asked Santa to bring me something else instead. There isn't a single game on the console that appeals to me, and out of all the games I've played on it, only one was remotely fun (Tales of Vesperia). I'm going to keep the console for Final Fantasy XIII, but there isn't much else I want for it.
    Well you only have yourself to blame, assuming you asked for it for X-mas. Most people, you know, have an idea of what games they want for a new console.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I honestly didn't enjoy Resident Evil DS.
    Same old Resident Evil 1, but with worse controls.
    Why did I spend money on a DS port of a game I played 5 times...

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Runescape. I slipped into near addiction one summer when I was quite a bit younger. I can't remember what turns me off the most now: the players or the fact that you have to pay to enjoy yourself thoroughly (which, even at that, I've heard that the game still becomes unenjoyable after a certain point).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 26, 2019
    I soooo regretted playing Eragon. That game was so boring that it was unreal. I sold it for $30 on eBay less than a day after I bought it. (And beat it)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    MySims Party.

We only have that because we just got the Wii (along with an even worse-looking game, which we sold for MySims Party), and my parents wanted us to get a cheap multiplayer game that everyone could enjoy. Eh, not really that awesome, if you ask me.

Nintendogs.

Cute at first, but gets boring after a while. I think it's the fact that I have to keep feeding/cleaning them, like, every day or else they'll get stinky. It just isn't worth my money (which is why I ended up selling both for an imported Pokemon Platinum XD).

Sonic and the Secret Rings.

No. Just...no. I prefer old school Sonic, tyvm.

Runescape.

Wtf? Seriously.

Animal Crossing.

I just don't like a lot of non-violent games :X Harvest Moon is probably the only exception. OK, Harvest Moon, and, to a certain extent (though I sold all the games related to it), Hamtaro. Unless you count rolling into another hamster "violent" XD

Kirby: Squeak Squad.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kirby and practically all the games I've ever owned that starred him (Air Ride ftw!). But seriously, I completely beat Squeak Squad in less than 24 hours of me getting the game. I could never do that with Nightmare in Dreamland, Amazing Mirror, etc. I sold this game a bit later on XD

That's all I have on the list for now.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    A stupid star wars game for the ds.
    It was dreadful. I thought it was the end of gaming, because that game was so horrible, it felt like i could just smash my ds to the wall, because gaming was dead to me. then I was looking around in the box i have all of my games, so that they could inspire me once more (the star wars game was now smashed to bits by now of course XD), and guess what I found! my pokemon diamond game! first, I was like: naw, I'm not in the mood, but then I put it in the ds, and gaming came back to life!
    True story!

Another horrible game I played was a game where you were supposed to be some kind of god that rode around on a green tiger with blasters on the sides. horrible.

Back