• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Garchomp is soon to be an... UBer? O_O;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Sharks

All-round trainer
Years
  • me i don't really have a problem with Garchomp becuase most of my pokemon have an ice move or i have some pokemon that has an ice move on my team and if i had to choose if it was a bit weaker it would be OK to keep it out but whenever i go against garcgomp he goes down with i big fight

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    I don't understand why they put those kind of labels on certain pokemon either... Anyone should be able to use any pokemon they want. It's their game, they paid for it, they should be able to do whatever they want with it...

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Anyone who has said "Garchomp sucks, Ice moves destroy him" obviously has never faced a true player using a true Garchomp.

The Yache set is by the worst set around, with Sandstorm around every corner problems just add up. No one likes taking SD Outrages, especially if there uber powerful Ice Beam fails to even 2HKO thanks to Yache.

Milotic is in no way on the verge of ubers, the thing is incredibly easy to beat, with or without Marvel Scale, the new powerful attacks just make short work of the mermaid fish thing.

I don't really care if Garchomp moves to ubers or not, I just wish he would stop being so damn popular for a while so we can actually have a decent battle that doesnt end up with someone sweeping with the Shark

peeblo

Lord of the Air
    Years
  • I think they should make another tier in the middle of Uber and OU. o-o; That would probably be the best in a situation like this.

Nintendo should actually release tiers... O_O

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • You can get high off of Jelly Beans? COOL!

To Lazy to Copy and Paste Name Here said:
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]I'm happy, personally I think Garchomp is ugly.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

But Garchomp is easily counter able early game. Late game, when all the faster threats are dealt with, it becomes way powerful.

He's terribly ugly. I don't even own one...

HEY! PEEBLO! You stole my "Location" thingy! :t057:

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Anyone who has said "Garchomp sucks, Ice moves destroy him" obviously has never faced a true player using a true Garchomp.

The Yache set is by the worst set around, with Sandstorm around every corner problems just add up. No one likes taking SD Outrages, especially if there uber powerful Ice Beam fails to even 2HKO thanks to Yache.

Milotic is in no way on the verge of ubers, the thing is incredibly easy to beat, with or without Marvel Scale, the new powerful attacks just make short work of the mermaid fish thing.

I don't really care if Garchomp moves to ubers or not, I just wish he would stop being so damn popular for a while so we can actually have a decent battle that doesnt end up with someone sweeping with the Shark
    While I did see the type of Garchomp you are talking about, I think moving it to Ubers is too much. I admit it's very strong, but Ubers? It will die in one Dragon hit from Latios.
    Oh, and Cloyster can counter Garchomp very well, and can also bypass Yache with Icicle Spear+Skill Link.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    It doesn't matter how it does in ubers. It could be as useful as a garden hose in ubers and still be banned from OU. I think garchomp is uber because of sand veil's xtreme hax.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Oh, and Cloyster can counter Garchomp very well, and can also bypass Yache with Icicle Spear+Skill Link.

I remember hearing that Icicle Spear doesn't break Yache Berry on Shoddybattle. Never tested it though.

And Cloyster's ability to tackle Chomp suffers from a SR weakness. And no way to recover it off either.

It doesn't matter how it does in ubers. It could be as useful as a garden hose in ubers and still be banned from OU.

Finally somebody realizes that Ubers is just a banlist for the rest of the game and not actually intended to be played or balanced (though people do, because Giratina, Lugia, and the rest of them need love too).

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • It really does not matter how it would do in ubers. lol there is no rule that says "alright guys, no matter what happens we have to make sure gchomp is fantastic in its tier" Also if seaking is playable in ubers, with a little prediciton gchomp should be too

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Garchomp would get tossed in the Uber Tier. I can easily take out garchomp with my Lemonade(Jolteon) who uses a Choice Specs HP Ice, Modest and all.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I toss him in the Ubers. There are better pokemon out there but tiers aren't really important to me, yes garchomp can be a terrifying monster from under the bed but so can most other pokemon if they are trained properly and have a tactical moveset.

peeblo

Lord of the Air
    Years
  • Not really a debate... but whatever. o-o I do believe a mod was already in here though. Makes no real difference either XD Thanks I guess. :}

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Damn, I was hoping to get in on this thread before some of the others did, but oh well....*sigh

I do suggest you read the link that BeachBoy posted, and study up before you comment like this again.

~T_S

IMtheMACHAMP

Im A POKEMON PHENOM
    Years
  • Its not the fact that hes to strong its the fact that people that use him suck the fun out of the game.. its like here is my team.. its all nice and neat.. good movesets... IVs EVs.. whole nine yards... wait... did you prepare for Garchomp ... O No he wrecks your team... it is not because he is to strong its because he limits what you can do and after awhile its old... and he isnt so simple to take out with a boosted ice attack .. ive fought many chomps with yache berry and they just shrug it off and begin to sweep... truth is... your not safe in OU unless u have 2 counters for Garchomp.. and thats just stupid..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back