• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Styles: Garchompin' & Yggdrasil

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Click the image to try out this skin

Hi there guys, today I'm bringing you "2" styles. Garchompin' and Yggdrasil. First though, a little history! For a long while I've wanted to release the style under the name "Garchompin'". A lot of my friends knew about it and were looking forward to it, but alas I'd run in and out of motivation to work on it. It actually started development 4 years ago, but since then has changed design dozens of times. A few months back, I decided to work on it again. Many late nights later, and much fun and frustration, here we have it! The only thing retained from the original is the header.

Now an explanation of the styles! Both styles are working under the same framework and feel and so they function the same way. Each style has a fluid-width version, and a fixed-width version. You can choose between the two using your User CP. I anticipate a few bugs and oddities in the styles, as there are a lot of edits in them compared to the original vB default. So if you see any, let me know!

These styles will be under continual development, meaning I will continue to update and improve them bit by bit, with special versions, reduced versions, more mobile friends (though the index and navigation are mobile friendly already!), and more. I hope to get every detail just right. This is where I value your feedback.

So I really hope you guys like these styles, they have been a long time coming. Yggdrasil is a little extra for those who patiently waited on Garchompin'. Let me know if you like them, your appreciation and enjoyment makes the months of work all worth while. Thank you!

Looking for Fixed-Width?
    Spoiler:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I've been patiently waiting for Garchompin' and I've got to say, it was definitely worth the wait. I'll definitely be switching between them on a regular basis. These styles are stunning Gav, so thanks for all the hard work and effort you've put into them!

Years
  • I've been waiting for this pretty for a while now - absolutely thrilled to see that it's been complete. Lookin' better than I expected as well waheyy. Thank you and great job! =)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've been waiting for this for such a long time. I remember when you first started working on it. My how long it's come. Love it. I'm going to be using Yggdrasil - which I think should be made the default style immediately. :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Garchompin' & Yggdrasil

Gav, I love you. Both of these skins are absolutely beautiful. They definitely fill the need for more dark skins that look great. Both of these are great, and you're amazing for all the hard work you put into them.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Ahhhh, refreshing. Glad to finally have something better than Poke Link 4. ^.^

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    OH MY GOD
    Garchompin' is back aaaaaaaaaah
    I'm so happy. ;w;

edit: Oh my god it's better than it was before.
    brb shedding a tear

They both look fabulous.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Seriously having a difficult time containing myself right now. These are really fantastic, Gavin. I love a lot of these really small, insignificant details about Garchompin' & Yggdrasil that pull the whole feel together. Really crisp designs on both of them, and extremely easy to navigate.

Real quick, some of the recently downloaded fonts available on PC no longer work. You probably already knew about it though.

Thanks again for your hard work!
    Garchompin' & Yggdrasil

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    heeey finally some dark layouts that i seem to like and might actually use! which is great the other site i use has a dark layout and switching between it and PC can put a strain on my eyes haha.

but yes good work they both look fantastic. ♥

Althooouuugh one of the postbits (the one that shows friend code, skype, etc etc) isn't disabled when you have it disabled in your options. Neither is the rank (such as moderator, supporter, etc). Think that could be fixed?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Love them both Gav. Very well done haha! Using one now and I can honestly say I haven't been this impressed by a forum skin in a while. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Loving these styles, Gavin. I'm not really a user of dark themes (always use light ones), but I do very much appreciate all the work you've put into them for us; thank you. n_n;; Can't wait to see what else you come up with in future.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Garchompin'.

Who did the fonts? I love you. You are awesome. SO AWESOME. The style is much suited for them. Seriously, this is a very cool style.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The fonts in this theme are amazing but I'm not too big on dark themes so won't be using this.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Wow Garchompin is great! it gives the whole site a completely new feeling :D
    Im really considering switching to it permanently, maybe after getting used to it

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Oh my, Garchompin's giving me feels about a forum I joined before here...everything looks so similar! I've been waiting for a good dark theme, I think I just found it. Thanks for it, I expect no less from such amazing users.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you all sooo much for the positive feedback. Really a great start to my morning! I'll go right ahead and fix the bugs mentioned today. My main priority is making these themes functional. I know they have a long way to go to be good for mobiles though so hopefully in the near future I can do something about that.

Really stoked you guys like the themes, makes it all worth the while , and you're all very welcome.

Back