• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Sounds good to me. but I use Xmage though

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I would also agree, but not all of us use the same platforms for MTG, we would have to find a common platform to play with. XMage sounds cool though, could you describe it to us?

Welcome U.Flame :)

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Personally, I've avoided playing online because I prefer more casual playing with more... real decks. Duels are more fun and enjoyable that way. More... personal too!

Ullion

Years
    I enjoy that too.... but money ;-;

Tbh lower-budget personal decks are where it's at, for me anyways. Same with my coworker. We've had so many close matches with our favourite decks simply because neither of us bought singles or looked up decks online. We just bought packs together and worked with what little we had.

As more people joined us though, the more everyone bought singles and it's ruining the fun a lot for me. Hell, I haven't even played in over a month now :/

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Xmage is a java platform that let you build a deck and play online or on your computer. But if you want to use card images/symbols you have to download them first

Bidoof FTW

Years
    I'm going to claim Azorius :) I might switch if I decide I'd rather be Boros or something :P

With Duels: Origins out for iPad and releasing for Steam and Xbox One later this month, how hyped are you guys? :)

Personally I've been checking steam everyday because I know that once it releases I can get a lot of PC users into MTG, and I'm really excited for that, because it might mean more players in MTG club! ^^

Ullion

Years
    Ewwwwwwwwww U/W is disgusting. You should feel ashamed! D:
    I may or may not have actually started to really like U/W since DTK came out

I'm excited for Origins on steam! Hopefully we can get a group of us to play~ Have they announced if 2-headed giant is coming back or not?

I am yet to go into the city and pick up some Origins Cards. I wish I had people that lived closer to me that would play :'(

Bidoof FTW

Years
    Yes there will be 2HG :) and Planeswalkers :)

I'm very excited ^^

Going to go ahead and switch to Rakdos, especially since my profile is already color themed for it

Last edited:
    Years
    Welcome to the club, White Glint! RGB is also one of my favorite combinations :)

Prosh is also a really cool commander, I'm not the biggest fan of Jund dragons but Prosh makes me a bit more interested in using it sometime.

RGB da god.

And yeah, Prosh as commander is silly. Not Marath silly, but he still has some neato stuff with Food Chain and whatnot.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    So are we planning to host this tournament? I already saw Yugioh Club already hosted that thing

Bidoof FTW

Years
    So are we planning to host this tournament? I already saw Yugioh Club already hosted that thing

We would need to decide which platform to use (xmage or other), then see how many people are interested. We would need like 6-8 imo or we could use smaller numbers by doing a Round Robin format, which means each participant battles every other participant.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Well I'm going to use xmage thought

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So er.

I know nothing about MtG, but the cards look pretty and I realised there is an online game version? Its down for maintenance at the moment but is it worth downloading? ><

Ullion

Years
    So er.

I know nothing about MtG, but the cards look pretty and I realised there is an online game version? Its down for maintenance at the moment but is it worth downloading? ><

Which online version dost thou speak of?

And if you want to get into it (and have steam) you could wait til' Origins comes out for free. If you want to be impatient, I personally like Duel of the Planeswalkers 2014 too, although you do have to buy the game. :P

edit: And omg yes do the cards look pretty <3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    There are some other sites that allow for mtg battles without having to download anything or go through too much trouble. I had some bookmarked but idk what happened to them because they're apparently not bookmarked anymore.

Ullion

Years
    I used to use cockatrice, but I think at some point WotC tried to shut it down or something? I think it's back up again, though.

Mind you, I avoid playing that kind of magic anyways. :/

Ullion

Years
    I am yet to pick up any Origins cards. I'm hoping to get either Chandra or Jace. x:

Back