• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    So out of curiosity and to keep this thread alive..

What was your favorite theme for a block?

Mine was Innistrad being vampires, werewolves, and angels are all really interesting and it's part of what got me into magic. Even today vampire and werewolf decks are my favorite :)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I might be a bit biased since I started playing around the time of Gatecrash and Dragon's Maze - but I love the concept of a giant city being run by 10 guilds - each with their own legitimate purpose for supporting the city in their own way.

Even the twisted Rakdos have a role!

Years
    I've been moving house so sorry about the lack of activity! butttt

GUYS WE'RE IN SPOILER SEASON WHO HAS BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THEM???

For those of you who don't know Magic Origins (the last core set ever) is currently being spoiled, you can see whats been spoiled already here.

So, what is everyones favourite card thats been spoiled so far?

Mine was Liliana for a while, until today. They just spoiled this card and oh my word. It's going to be so much fun to play! Turn on the four turn clock and either win in those turns of find a way to get rid of it! I can't wait to play with it already :D

So out of curiosity and to keep this thread alive..

What was your favorite theme for a block?

Mine was Innistrad being vampires, werewolves, and angels are all really interesting and it's part of what got me into magic. Even today vampire and werewolf decks are my favorite :)

My favourite block was Innistrad because I love the theme, but I mostly think that it was good because of how well it was done. So I guess I'm torn between it and Zendikar and New Phrexia. I love the story behind zendikar and the amount of detail and history that has gone into the phyrexians blows my mind!
    Then again, like Ullion said I love how Ravnica is built up from the ten guilds who each have a role in the big city!
    I just can't decide!

Ullion

Years
    If I were to have been playing when Alara was done - I'd probably say Alara was my favourite. I think they pulled off the tri-colour scheme much more effectively than Tarkir. Although Tarkir gave me Temur and Jeskai to have fun with. <3

So, what is everyones favourite card thats been spoiled so far?

Oh man. Before I say a specific card, I just want to express how much of a step up their art is for this set compared to any other set. Everything seems cleaner and crisper, and I think they're all beautiful in that sense.

With that out of the way, I think my favourite card spoiled so far is:
    Jace's Sanctum

I mean Jace is cool. Cheaper instants/sorceries are cool. Sanctums are cool. Scrying is absolutely amazing. What's not to love about this card in a control deck? Especially in my passive aggressive deck <3~

My favourite spoiled card to look at (in terms of art) would have to be:
    Exquisite Firecraft

I also like this card's usage as well. Uguuu me wanteee

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i should probably join if i can lol it's about time i do!

Username: xxkaylabby
    Favourite Colour: W/G and B/G
    Favourite Deck: Elspeth and Kiora
    Mode of Play: Paper

i really can't wait for the origins to come out. i'm excited for some of the white cards.

Bidoof FTW

Years
    First of all welcome to the club Kayla :)

Secondly, Ullion and I were talking about making a Guild theme collab for the MTG club! Meaning that each one of us would claim one of the ten guilds from the Return to Ravnica block and theme their profile/sig/avatar to their guild

Here's a quick list. I'll settle for anything other than Simic, Gruul, or Selesnya

Izzet - Ullion
    Dimir - Liliana Vess
    Simic -
    Azorius -
    Selesnya - xxkaylabby
    Gruul - Blue Yveltal
    Golgari -
    Rakdos - Bidoof FTW
    Orzhov -
    Boros -

If you want pictures or colors to make sure you get accurate templates, use these

Last edited:

Ullion

Years
    Welcome Kayla! :3

And I plan on tinkering with my theme moreso from what I've done so far... I need to learn how to do all this fancy creative stuff. .-.

Ullion

Years
    i want Nissa<3

thank you.
    i just got a box from the pre tournament with Jace on it ^_^

\o/ With the Jace card to? Or Jace art on it? Eitherway that's too sick! Jace is the coolest looking Planeswalker (that and Ral Zarek <3)

Years
    Awww snaps, MTG Bay-bee! I'll jump in on this, why not.

Username: White Glint
    Favourite Colour: RGB
    Favourite Deck: Mmm. Probably Blue Golems right now? Still messing with everything right now at the moment to see what I really like, but this Golem deck I'm rocking is hotter than overcooked BBQ.
    Mode of Play: Both. I play online using Xmage.

Mainly EDH, been getting into Modern more and I've started drafting lately. I'm still new at this game though so I'm relying mostly on fundamentals. D;

Decks I have: uhh if we mean IRL I have my EDH Prosh Da God deck, and I have some draft decks that I built. That's pretty much it though.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    \o/ With the Jace card to? Or Jace art on it? Eitherway that's too sick! Jace is the coolest looking Planeswalker (that and Ral Zarek <3)

just the jace box. my bf got Jace in his pre tournament box. i already have a jace planeswalker.

Bidoof FTW

Years
    Welcome to the club, White Glint! RGB is also one of my favorite combinations :)

Prosh is also a really cool commander, I'm not the biggest fan of Jund dragons but Prosh makes me a bit more interested in using it sometime.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I don't know which one is the logo cuz I'm gonna use it

Bidoof FTW

Years

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just downloaded and I just gonna do editting on photoshop.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I have been incredibly inactive around here due to work eating my time and energy, but I do like to show up occasionally and see what's new. I love Magic, so I'll join in!
    Username: U.Flame
    Favourite Colour: Blue and Black
    Favourite Deck: Umm, I dunno, mine? Though I am a huge fan of the Eldrazi deck in the 2013 video game.
    Mode of Play:Paper. I wanna get into online but I haven't found a good place.

My personal deck is huuuge. Mainly cause I'm so indecisive, I can't get rid of so many cards I love. Don't worry though, it's still plenty organized and themed, I focus on deck draining and necromancy with a twist of trolling. I like to win by draining opponents' libraries rather than by HP, even when I do have the chance to kill. It's fun, especially when they get pissed off at my constant countering and controlling.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    So since there's getting to be some more people coming around here, how about a small MTG tournament sometime?

Back