• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GB Sounds!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I wasn't speaking... legitimately. If you 'unlock' it early, the Rocket sounds even work in Radio Tower.

So they had a rocket version of it...did they plan to have it be obtainable early? Or is it a crazy prepared thing...or simply that GB sounds simply remixes all of the sound in the game regardless...might be the latter.

On topic: It'll be nice if they had GBA add more trumpets if they do plan on cutting out the trumpets and french horns in the updated music...

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The Rocket BGM does glitch a little in Radio Tower but I can't remember how exactly. Something to do with it playing instead of a track that is supposed to IIRC. Maybe they couldn't fix that glitch in time?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would really like it, but hey, if they have to scrap it because they want to add something else, be my guest! It would be nice and all but I won't be upset if it's not included.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think there is enough room to add this in. Now it's not space they need, but time in terms of development.

Hopefully they'll have something. If they don't add in a couple of other region themes as sort of musical cameo then maybe Z will have a couple of remaster tracks from those regions like how HgSs and B2W2 did (both the last games of their generation).

Years
  • That would be an awesome addition, but I don't think I'd be using it that much if we get high quality trumpets with the new remixed soundtrack :P

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Unless the RSE soundtrack gets "mysteriously" removed from iTunes, they won't. But if they take the trumpets out in the remakes, I swear.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Yeah, but.

Officially, you could only hear it, via the Radio Tower.
    Which was my original point.

I think there's a wire crossing somewhere here.

If you go legit, and get the item after collecting all 16 badges, you can only hear the music on the retro channel.

If you unlock it early, via hacking or AR, you can hear it when Team Rocket take over the Radio Tower. It just glitches a little.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I think there's a wire crossing somewhere here.

If you go legit, and get the item after collecting all 16 badges, you can only hear the music on the retro channel.

If you unlock it early, via hacking or AR, you can hear it when Team Rocket take over the Radio Tower. It just glitches a little.

Yes, that's my point.

The legit way, is after any rocket encounters. :l

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Omg yes please, I want the original full brass version of Hoenn music with 3d graphics. This will make my life almost complete.

Years
  • GB Sounds would definitely be neat to have, considering they were done in HGSS. It'd at least be a good way to get trumpets into the game if GF redid each Hoenn theme without trumpets.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • "GBA Sounds" sounds like a good idea. If they put it in, that will be awesome, especially for those who haven't heard/played the original. If not, well, I still have the Ruby/Sapphire soundtrack anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    GBA Sounds?

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place.

Judging by the remixes of Hoenn music in Black/White 2 and the trailer music with the Mega Starters, it's safe to assume that trumpets may no longer be a part of the OR/AS soundtrack.

But wouldn't it be cool if in the game, you can receive a key item similar to GB Sounds in HG/SS, but you can listen to both OR/AS music and then switch to the original GBA R/S/E soundtrack?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Well, even if the music is remixed from Hoenn, with a lot of brass, or Sinnoh, with a lot of piano, they have to be remixed in a way that makes them fit with the game they're in. With gen 5's soundfont generally not making use of a lot of brass instruments (or at least not as many as RSE did), I wouldn't use that as an indicator of what to expect from the ORAS soundtrack.

That aside, I don't see why a GBA Sounds item wouldn't be included; it was a very nice addition to HGSS and ORAS certainly has the capability to include it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    With gen 5's soundfont generally not making use of a lot of brass instruments (or at least not as many as RSE did), I wouldn't use that as an indicator of what to expect from the ORAS soundtrack.

Something that I disliked in Gen V was it took out the intensified aspect of battles. Even the never-seen-before special music for when we're in red HP was underwhelming. Could have given a lot more effect with brass. So if they're not doing it the old way, the remixes should at least still be the same wavy music that becomes pompous with trumpets.

If they mess with the Surf and Bike musics, though... I'll personally assassinate all of Game Freak.

Back