• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    6 teams is way to much. It's too crowded, you'd have to have so many important characters, and you have to crowd the game with acts of evil. Maybe 2 teams, and just a thief that works solo could work, otherwise it's just too much.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Let's be honest. Team Flare sucked hard, It's another Team Rocket. But when Lysandre shows up his real side, Everything changes. The Team Flare is nothing, Lysandre is just great. I don't know why the Team Flare looks so pathetic.

They couldn't be more different. Giovanni was simply a crime boss. On the other hand, Lysandre wanted to do good in a twisted way.

I don't compare the grunts because all the grunts engage in criminal activities throughout the games.

Years
  • Yeah, I think the thing with Lysandre was that he wanted to eliminate everything because there was so much "ugly" in the world and that was what he was out for. As for Giovanni...I don't really remember what he was out for in the Kanto games, but in Johto he wanted to have Team Rocket take over the Radio Tower and possibly control Pokémon.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Two teams with conflicting interests while hints of a third team lurking behind the scenes, manipulating events towards their own ends, perhaps?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Yeah, I think the thing with Lysandre was that he wanted to eliminate everything because there was so much "ugly" in the world and that was what he was out for. As for Giovanni...I don't really remember what he was out for in the Kanto games, but in Johto he wanted to have Team Rocket take over the Radio Tower and possibly control Pokémon.

Giovanni just wanted to be powerful in the Kanto games. He did nothing in the Johto games though. The Team Rocket grunts took over Radio Tower to send a message to Giovanni in the hope he'd hear it and return to Team Rocket.

I hope the new team(s) have some creative ideals, like Team Magma/Aqua and Team Flare had.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I always love the idea of a hidden vilain, Somebody who never shows up until the end. But, Having three enemies looks really good. Two teams, And a 3rd party who is waiting to show themselves.

Yeah.
    I actually got this idea of three teams from playing the Hoenn games. Rayquaza not having an evil team after it and little story afterward in Emerald was sad in that it was left out. Meanwhile ORAS had Zinnia who was like a lone villain (well anti-hero) after Rayquaza. So an expansion of a group that's similar to Zinnia in their connection with the third legendary, which would see an expansion in the sequels/third version/prequels (if such games had prequels then it'll be the remnants of the old team).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I too agree with that. I don't really get what people hated about XY's storyline (I mean, with B2W2, i'll cave because after BW's spectacular plot, I can understand why some people would find that of its predecessor to be boring), but i'll guess that they thought the villains were lazy and the characters were always coming out and doing nothing productive. I still think Team Flare had it on the big side with Lysandre's motives.
    Part of what I disliked about the XY plot was raised in your following post:
    Admittedly, that was kind of what I thought about the plot in XY - for a while there's not much to it that really happens, but after you get the seventh badge, that's when things just burst out from nowhere and the whole event starts. When you reach the labs and the secret HQ, then the plot starts to really get juicy...but then after you've caught the legendary and defeated Lysandre for the final time, then it simmers down until after you've defeated the Champion.
    The pacing was completely off. Compare to the TR plots, where the motivation for the team was better established and you didn't have fight the leader three times in short succession, nor then have him react quite like Lysandre had which was borderline silly. The idea was off too. "I'll kill everyone to keep the world beautiful!"... and the only survivors would be him and those that were rich enough to join his team. What?

This wasn't helped by the other thing you mentioned, like the rivals. They really did not add much, and were frankly boring and unlikeable. (And let's ignore that fireworks scene, please.) And let's add to that. The professor didn't do a thing about Lysandre, instead describing him as passionate. The champion didn't even get involved, unlike Lance in Johto games, Steven, Cynthia (particularly in Platinum) and Adler in BW. Gym Leaders went back to living in their Gyms for the most part unlike in 5th gen games, and hence were reduced in personality and character.

'Big' motivations isn't what I care for so much, it's more how realistic and well-delivered it is with the plot, and how it works with everything else. While there's the adage that you 'don't play pokemon for plot', it would be nice to get a good one for a change. Despite various flaws BW was a step in the right direction, and the sidequest with Sea Mauville - heck, even the Looker missions in XY - were significantly better imo.
    Snagem vs Cipher

C'mon, there's a whole slew of dancing pokemon for Miror B to use now, and he could have a unique Bouffalant with a Pokéball Afro

Plus, Tierno could be his apprentice

And...Mega Shadow Pokemon
    This would do nicely however.
    So i was playing Y the other day, and passed through a route gate (i dont remember which, but it was horizontal, and there were 2 people talking.) and there were 2 people who were talking in German.
    Late, but foreign speaking NPCs (plural) have been around since 5th gen games. DPPt even had an NPC trade you a German Magikarp ('Karpador', great name imo). Bonus: People speaking to you in Japanese in 5th gen spoke in English in the Japanese versions, I believe.

Years
  • I'm one of those people that plays wishes Pokémon had more plot. Arguably every Gen increased in plot (in a good direction imo) since the start (okay maybe GSC and RSE's were a little weak in some areas...but then again RGBY barely had one) until recently (XY) that is. However, ORAS' plot gives me hope that won't be the case post ORAS and into Gen VII.

I'm hoping for some main villains that aren't too dramatic (Lysander),or worse too lacking in the plot like Neo Team Rocket's leader who only popped up once.
    I'll also like to see a female main villain. Perhaps with the aim for conquest to go to a simple goal. They could show the negative effects the evil team has had on the region.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I'll also like to see a female main villain. Perhaps with the aim for conquest to go to a simple goal. They could show the negative effects the evil team has had on the region.

Definitely agree on this one. I can't believe we haven't gotten a single female Evil Team leader, yet, after all of these years.

Some people have discovered what looks like a possible new region located near Hoenn in the Delta Episode. This mystery region happens to look very similar to one located near Hoenn's RL counterpart.

Could this be an Easter Egg for a future game? Since this region could be easily linked with Hoenn in the same way as Kanto and Johto, it would be an ideal setting for a GSC-style sequel to ORAS. How would you feel about Gen 7's main games being something like this instead of (yet) another semi-reboot in a brand new region with a brand new Dex and few to no connections to the previous games?

Years
  • Some people have discovered what looks like a possible new region located near Hoenn in the Delta Episode. This mystery region happens to look very similar to one located near Hoenn's RL counterpart.

Could this be an Easter Egg for a future game? Since this region could be easily linked with Hoenn in the same way as Kanto and Johto, it would be an ideal setting for a GSC-style sequel to ORAS. How would you feel about Gen 7's main games being something like this instead of (yet) another semi-reboot in a brand new region with a brand new Dex and few to no connections to the previous games?

As i've mentioned several times, they might make another region alongside Kalos for this generation alone. That might drop a small hint of such... It may not be much of a hint but it's there.

Years
  • A GSC style sequel to Hoenn will have to take place post XY in the timeline. It would be interesting to see...perhaps the PC will be the champion with Wallace being the temporary champ from 3 years post ORAS (
    Steven is traveling in Johto and Sinnoh at that time so...Wallace taking over then would work) up to XY's time with the now the old PC settling down as formal champ.

Anyways I think a GSC style sequel to Kalos may be more likely...but then we have the strange item...which is far from Kalos.

I think the next region will be based on South America and represent another reset. Hopefully they reset back to Gen I/III time too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Has Pokemon or GameFreak received ANY inspiration from these threads? I think if they have read some of these threads, that they could make an AMAZING Gen VII. We could have all regions (OK, maybe asking for too much) Or at least pokemon available from all previous generations? Maybe taking inspiration from ROM hacks? Also, I am kinda sick of the yearly pokemon games. If they just sit down, and actually dwell into thinking about the story, they could make a really good innovative way to tell a pokemon story. But as we know, Pokemon will probably stick to their yearly releases because it provides massive income for Nintendo.

Years
  • To say the least, the closest they've had to a game with stuff from every region is XY. But the all regions thing? Likely won't happen...

But Masuda has ruled out some of the possibilities and i'm just hoping he doesn't think Pokémon will be forgotten by us.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    My biggest wish on the list is that pokemon cries get an upgrade. The old gameboyesque noises just dont cut it anymore, pikachu got a proper sounding cry so why not all the others?

Even if it was just saying its name like in the Anime that would be great but a proper roar or cry of some sort (so they could maybe use the same noise for different pokemon and save space) would be better still. I want to hear my Charizard roar when its released to battle.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • My biggest wish on the list is that pokemon cries get an upgrade. The old gameboyesque noises just dont cut it anymore, pikachu got a proper sounding cry so why not all the others?

Even if it was just saying its name like in the Anime that would be great but a proper roar or cry of some sort (so they could maybe use the same noise for different pokemon and save space) would be better still. I want to hear my Charizard roar when its released to battle.

Gen 6 has already done this......

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Obviously my versions of X and OR are defective then as i still get the rubbishy sound effect when my pokemon enters battle except for pikachu.

Except for Pikachu, the older 'mons' cries were all updated. Some changes are noticable, while some are barely noticable.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Except for Pikachu, the older 'mons' cries were all updated. Some changes are noticable, while some are barely noticable.

Yep hence why id love it if they'd properly update all to be all new noises and not the old style cries.

Years
  • If GF makes another two region game it'll be nice if they have an option to carry over mons from the other region to the latest one or not to (for those who may not have a strong will to challenge themselves this way) and have the first mons be low level if one picks the second but also more common, while if one picks the first the new region will have higher level mons but some mons become rare to find. At least it'll stay that way until one beats that region's league a certain number of times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back