• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Simple solution, your tileset you are using is set to be un-passable, meaning that the spots that your character can walk on, are marked with an X at passibiliy. Change the tileset to O's and that makes it so you can walk on the spaces. To exactly get here, go to the Database, Tileset, and then to Passability.

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
    cigarettes said:
    Check your terrain type it might be set to alcolve damage or poison swamp also check the map for any flash screen events

Hope this helps

Cigarettes :chinese:

thank you soooo much!!!! it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I am thinking of making a game. It is in the early planning stages. Very early! I have a vauge idea of what I want with my finished game. Since I suck at everything, I'll probably need some help. It's about a person (you) who travels the world looking for legendary Pokemon while becoming a trainer. I need to know who hard it will be to make. I was planning on using RPGmaker 2003, because it is free. When I have RPG maker 2002, I'll make a demo, then I'll think about making a team.

How hard do you think it will be to make?

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
    Years
    For i start rm2k is best for pokemon games and it will be hard you need a cbs and a cms if you want a team make a small demo to show you are worthy make a topic and of you go

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
    cigarettes said:
    That's quite all right i like helping people

yay....lol

cigarettes said:
    For i start rm2k is best for pokemon games and it will be hard you need a cbs and a cms if you want a team make a small demo to show you are worthy make a topic and of you go

Cigarettes

i agree....but the only bad thing about 2k is the hero name thing

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
    Years
    Hi

Does any 1 now how to make the up down left right arrows appear in messages?????????????
    Help would be greatly appriciated

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    You see, whenever I make a chip set, I can import it into RM2K3 and map it but whenever use it in the game, then only thing that shows up is the upper tile layer. The lower tile layer is just the default background color.
    (Origionally by barry.) I'm having the same problem with the City01 chipset, if anyone knows what that is. Even if not, I've tried converting to 256 colors, and then to Png, and I still have the same problem. Can anyone help me?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    no, I'm talking about the not edited one, using it for something else. This is just the plain old city01.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Can anybody give a link to a tutorial for RPG MAKER 2000? I can't undertand most of the help file. Also, I need to know something. How do you set a start party position?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back