• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
Years
  • OK, try this, re-import the chipset, it will show you a picture of it. You need to make sure the pink area is flashing, if it's not, click on the pink area so it is. Hope this helps :)

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
    Years
  • re-import into what? Where do I have to click the pink area? I've clicked the whole thing, but I haven't seen it flashing... COuld someone just fix it on their computer and re-upload it?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Sorry, I tried but I couldn't fix that chipset. Something about an error.

Anyway, I've got a request!
    Could somebody make me a charaset with all the letters in pokemon font included?
    I'll be starting the bag system and I need those.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Never mind. I'll be needing the letters for the item system soon, but I'll
    replace them with message events for now. But anyone who can make those,
    please do.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • DarkDoom and sorta Daegon> The only way I know of to change fonts is to get a utility for it. I use Rast and Anomy's utility package. I haven't gotten the font changer to work though. I think it only uses TrueType font (.ttf) as opposed to regular (.fon).

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    i should probably read the help section on rm2k but i figured any help i could get here i might understand better. i dont quite understand the import function...whats it do exactly? I also dont know how to put characters in the game and make a starting point somone wanna help me. im a newb be kind...

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Import=importing bmps, pngs etc to your RM2K project folder.
    To make a character: Get a charaset. In the hero tab there's
    a hero walk GFX/ sprite place. Click on the browse and select your charaset.
    To make a starting point: Right click on the map and click on
    set starting point.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    omg thank you you are the man i will prob have more questions cause i run into problems easy...but thx

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    help

k like i said id have more quiestions. Im starting out making a pokemon center just to try it out and i have a bit of a problem. When i use the chipsets for the poke center desk the desk and the pokemon regenerator whatever you want to call it over lap each other. not sure if you understand this but when i take a square to print on my map it has a piece of the desk and a piece that erases what touches it. so for example i put a tree down then a desk in front but instead of the tree looking like its behind the desk its bottom half gets cut off. understand what im getting at here? if i have to ill make screens of my problem but i hope you get it from this. thx in advahow do i put a flower poit on the table without the table underneath getting errased and both are on the same editing mode

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    He's right. Just in case you didn't understand:
    Make an event on top of the table.
    Make that event have the graphic of a flower pot.
    Fin~

Years
  • Does anyone have the proper Fr/Lg font, not the R/S one, the Fr/Lg one?
    They are slightly different :)
    Here's what the Fr/Lg one looks like:

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Actually I was looking for that as well, but also the RS fonts as well.

HAS ANYONE GOT THE FR/LG FONT OR RS FONT?

Y.R.P.

Grand High Summoner
    Years
  • Music help

I was wondering if there was a programthat would let me make my own music files? Also how do i make an opening sequence in the game that I'm makeing Any help is apreaciated...........Thanks ;) :nervous:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, to make an opening sequence, you need to make quite alot of events.
    Moving chars, pictures and etc. You can't exactly explain how to make an intro,
    just make the program do what you want it to. You need some knowledge about
    variables, switches, tones, panning and anything else you need to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back