• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm looking to playing a Hard Mode. I want something difficult. I'll also be using an emulator. So it could be a hack such as BlazeBlack or a RPG Maker .. PKMN Essentials game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
My Triples rating is not showing up on Global link.

Hello there, i have done a little over 300 battles this season at just under 1800 rating but yet my rating is no longer showing up on Global link.. I should be currently #1 for Australia. I have no idea why, i did get a lot of DC's last weekend playing with a weak connection (always in the favor of my opposition, i don't rage quit.)

It has me as not played at all, although on my 3DS it still tells me my correct rating. My doubles rating is shown on GL but i don't care about that.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be? It's only been like this for a few days.

Thanks for reading!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm looking to playing a Hard Mode. I want something difficult. I'll also be using an emulator. So it could be a hack such as BlazeBlack or a RPG Maker .. PKMN Essentials game.

You should definitely try Pokémon Emerald: Hard Edition. All trainers in this hack have higher-leveled Pokémon, and all Pokémon are available in the Pokédex could be encountered in wild. I've played it before, and enjoyed it quite a bit. n_n" Another one you could try is Hard Crystal. If you want a fan-game, I would suggest Pokémon Raptor.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years

The ones that Peitharchia are good examples for harder games. In my experience, i found Blazeblack, Blazeblack 2 and the StormSilver/SacredGold hacks to be very challenging. I havent played many fan-games, but i found Light Platinum to be a good challenge as well. And if you want to crank it up just a bit more, play any of these games as a Nuzlocke ;)

Years
The ones that Peitharchia are good examples for harder games. In my experience, i found Blazeblack, Blazeblack 2 and the StormSilver/SacredGold hacks to be very challenging. I havent played many fan-games, but i found Light Platinum to be a good challenge as well. And if you want to crank it up just a bit more, play any of these games as a Nuzlocke ;)

You should definitely try Pokémon Emerald: Hard Edition. All trainers in this hack have higher-leveled Pokémon, and all Pokémon are available in the Pokédex could be encountered in wild. I've played it before, and enjoyed it quite a bit. n_n" Another one you could try is Hard Crystal. If you want a fan-game, I would suggest Pokémon Raptor.

Thank you both for the suggestions. Which game has the most difficult gym leaders?
SacGold StormSilver, BlazBlkVoltWhite, BlazBlacVoltWhite2

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think when it comes to Gym Leaders, Blazeblack/VoltWhite take the cake. Not only do they all have full teams of six Pokemon, most battles arent even single ones, but double or triple!!

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
2 Shinies, 2 Days. Crystal and Sapphire.

At first I wasn't going to say anything. But now, I have no choice.

Yesterday, When I was finishing up the Underleveled and Outclassed Pokemon Crystal Nuzlocke, I ran into a shiny Golbat in Victory Road.

picture.php

Just a few minutes ago, When I was working my way through my Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke, I ran into a Shiny Zubat in the Granite Cave.

i75z81.jpg

These are the first Shinies I have ever seen, and they were encountered less than 24 hours apart.

My question is......

Should I use this Zubat in my Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke? What should it's name be? My naming system is after Biblical Figures.

Check out my profile's Albums to see other screenshots of these two.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sure, why not? Crobat is an amazing Pokémon, and could take out plenty of your opponent's Pokémon if utilized correctly. What should you nickname it? Anything, really; it's all up to you. xD;; One of my suggestions would be Baison, which is a combination of the words "bat" and "poison."

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have to agree with Peitharchia, Crobat is a really good Pokemon if you take the time to train up Zubat! Ive used one a while back and grew really attached to him :) I cant come up with a good biblical name though, sorry :/ Good luck with your nuzlockes!!

Years
I too quite love Crobat :D It's a Pokémon that has definitely made its way into my favorites. Especially after using it twice: one, a Zubat that pulled an EPIC team-saving blow out of the first Nuzlocke I completed (which was against my rival in Soul Silver), and dealt the final blow against Red's last Pokémon. Two, one I used in my main play through of X. It did the team quite good and OHKOed Diantha's Mega Gardevoir with a critical hit Cross Poison despite a small level disadvantage. Then you have other Crobats from certain Nuzlockes i've watched, but i'm not gonna go too drastically in on that.

It pisses me off when people say Zubat is a bad Pokémon and shrug them off in caves. >:( And that's why.

Years
At first I wasn't going to say anything. But now, I have no choice.

Yesterday, When I was finishing up the Underleveled and Outclassed Pokemon Crystal Nuzlocke, I ran into a shiny Golbat in Victory Road.

picture.php

Just a few minutes ago, When I was working my way through my Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke, I ran into a Shiny Zubat in the Granite Cave.

i75z81.jpg

These are the first Shinies I have ever seen, and they were encountered less than 24 hours apart.

My question is......

Should I use this Zubat in my Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke? What should it's name be? My naming system is after Biblical Figures.

Check out my profile's Albums to see other screenshots of these two.

I would call one of them Cassandra .. after Batwoman.

Years
This is probably a dumb question and maybe I overlooked it in game, but where do I find a grass stone in Y?

Oh there's quite a few places you can find a Leaf Stone in X/Y. You can get one on Route 8 in the open, and while Super Training can get you evolution stones, you'll probably be best off buying one easily in the stone shop in Lumiose City, which you can access as soon as you fix the blackout that blocks the northern part of the city.

The stone shop can be found in Autumnal Avenue there, and alongside Leaf Stones, you can also buy Fire and Water Stones there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Along with the places that Hikamaru mentioned, you could also find Leaf Stones in Laverre City and Route 18. Don't know the exact places, but I do remember running into them there somewhere. :] Easiest way to get a hold of them, though, would be to just visit Lumiose City and purchase. They cost around $2,100, I believe.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Do you guys have any recommendations for when I start the game? what should I try not try etc Should I trade?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nothing is wrong with you! lol Anyway, for a genuine experience, just experiment with the gameplay yourself. It's always fun to learn by trial and error...except when it comes to releasing Pokemon. Don't do that. :P As for trading, I highly suggest it! It's tons of fun, especially Wonder Trade. You can get some pretty neat stuff through Wonder Trade, sometimes even legendaries or shinies. That's not too often, but I've seen it happen before. And there's also an amazing Trade Corner here on PC. When you build up your stock of Pokemon, I suggest checking it out. Or if you're looking for something that's not in your version, you could use the Quick Trade Thread and someone will help you out.

For better advice about X & Y, I suggest the Q&A thread in the X & Y forum. This thread is a general Q&A thread, but it's not meant for specifics about games, since each game has its own thread in their respective forum.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Big Problem ... I live in Egypt and theres no Egypt setting on my 3ds. I dont think I will be able to get pokebank :(

Nevermind !!! it worked ( someone from EU can steal my visa-.-) Now I need friend codes! for evolve trades :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back