• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khawill

<3
Years
  • What kind of Characters do you like to roleplay as?
    I tend to do high energy, spirited characters. I like to write what I know, and in real life, I'm pretty energetic. It's always fun to be the lively and heavy fighter . I like writing tragedy though, so a lot of my characters are frequently broken by their own mistakes.

------------------------

On a seperate note, I'm looking for two people to help me start up an RP in the Fairy Tail world. The basic premise is that we are a brand new guild. If you are interested Private or Visitor message me :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Characters?

I like to play characters that bring (intersecting) diversity to the roleplays I'm in. That can be translated in a number of ways, racial, gender, orientation, religion, ideology, etc. It really bothers me when I see that all the characters are the same, such as all the main characters are white or all characters hate religion, especially when it's a RP set in modern day. It's not even necessarily characters that go against the norm of society, it's characters that go against the norm of what everyone else is doing in the roleplay. I found these are the characters I tend to enjoy.

Regrets?

Yeah, a few, but I'll stick to one: It was giving up on GMing / my roleplay itself. I won't do that with the next one.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I have a question for some veteran roleplayers, if you guys would have it.

Are there any roleplays that you've participated in in the past that you miss in particular? Any genres? What do you miss about them?

Years
  • I have a question for some veteran roleplayers, if you guys would have it.

Are there any roleplays that you've participated in in the past that you miss in particular? Any genres? What do you miss about them?

I don't know if I'm really a veteran but I'll answer anyway xD

Among the RPs that I miss the most are Yokai Academy, Reapers: Keepers of the Balance and Echo; A Kanto Journey (or something like that). Yes I picked one of my own RPs shhh. I loved those particular Roleplays because of the stories, the characters and the people involved. It felt like the full bundle and even in Reapers which I GMd I was aways wondering what would happen next.

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • Are there any roleplays that you've participated in in the past that you miss in particular? Any genres? What do you miss about them?

I'm not a veteran in here, but I still wanna answer anyway. XD

In Serebii forums, there was a roleplay called Shadow Necrosis, it was a roleplay set in the world of the main games--Kanto to Kalos--except instead of people, there are only Pokémon exhibiting human traits, wearing clothes and accessories. I didn't participate in it much because it spiraled out of control and was stopped. But was rebooted under Shadow Necrosis: Ripe with Decay. I participated in it more often than the first iteration, albeit inexperienced as it was only the second time doing a roleplay like a story. It was mostly the same except that the tech was sci-fi. It was so much fun, as not only could you do normal attacks, but also holy or dark magic, depending on the faction. But it went down due to the GM (more famously known as Neo Pikachu) couldn't "GM" it anymore. Many of my new friends were dissapointed in its shutdown. Even though it was given a spiritual successor later on by the title, "Baptism By Fire" (yes, with the capitalised "b") but that went down quicker than even SN. I miss it, but it's best to move on. Besides, the characters from it are still alive, one of the things that made it memorable, just in other places.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I have a question for some veteran roleplayers, if you guys would have it.

With like 9 years under my belt, I think I can call myself a veteran ;)

Well, I miss so many! Of my own, I miss Misfits and Cloud. They were a lot of fun to GM and I'm so sad they ended prematurely. I mean, Cloud was uni's fault but Misfits just kind of died out. After I bring out my new rp, I may reconsider bringing them back. ;)

Of others, I definitely miss revlis' Focus Shift, Mira's The Uprising, Rika's Monster Art Online and any of Kiyoshi the Polar Bear's RPs. Man, I miss dat guy where is he nowadays. :'(

My favourite characters to play?
    I try to play characters that have so much room for development. They start of with so many issues or insecurities and over the course of the RP they iron them out, or perhaps ignite them further! Recently, I've been trying to play characters I've never really touched before with personalities I don't usually like, but sometimes I get too scared to stuff up a character with different cultures or backgrounds that I'm not familiar with. I try my best anyway to be as correct as possible!

Regrets?
    I always wish I had been more diverse with my plots/characters and I wish some of my roleplays could have kept!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hey everyone!

I just wanted to put a small ad/teaser/thing for a new Roleplay that'll be coming out this month, which will be Co-Gmed my myself and gimmepie. It's called Agony, and it's a roleplay set in the near future, after an alien race landed and began to wreak havoc on the world.

Agony is a bit different in terms of format than most RPs. It details a single battle in the larger conflict, which means it will be a pretty short roleplay. I expect it won't last more than a few months at most. Though the traditional elements of a war-like roleplay will be present, Agony will focus more on the psychological and emotional impact the war has on the characters rather than the romanticized version sometimes shown in other roleplays.

Another thing: In an effort to be more realistic, characters may, and very likely will, be killed off, sometimes quite suddenly and without warning to embody the true nature of war. However on the plus side, you will be able to use multiple characters at once (up to three, but maybe more if you'd like). Sign ups will also be simplified. History will be eliminated and replaced with a small, 'background info' section, which can be used to say a few important lines about your character's history, or list them. Appearance will also be simplified. We'd prefer to find out about your character in the IC. The only real thing that would be required is a personality section and a roleplay sample. Keep an eye out, we hope to see you there!

Years
  • Hello guys! I'm fairly new to the community, and I'm not going to lie! I find the whole roleplay idea a little intimidating. I have roleplayed before, but never in a format such as the forum replies.

I've read the rules and guidelines and I have a fair idea of where to start but... Haha, I guess there is that niggling feeling that I'm going to mess up. So I guess the main question would be...

Are there any threads/verses that you guy would suggest as a place to start?

Years
  • Hello guys! I'm fairly new to the community, and I'm not going to lie! I find the whole roleplay idea a little intimidating. I have roleplayed before, but never in a format such as the forum replies.

I've read the rules and guidelines and I have a fair idea of where to start but... Haha, I guess there is that niggling feeling that I'm going to mess up. So I guess the main question would be...

If you have read the rules and guidelines, I would recommend that you check out the Roleplay Library, it will tell you what RPs are currently running and will give you an idea of wether you not you want to join them. There's also the Planning thread, that's a good place to check out for upcoming RPs that haven't been posted yet and are still being developed.

As for specific RPs, I would recommend Begin Again or Pokemon Trainers Academy
    Both of those are beginner friendly but also very good RPs. If you have any questions feel free to VM myself or any of the more experienced roleplayers, or better yet our very helpful and friendly moderators Adventure, Skymin and Magic.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello guys! I'm fairly new to the community, and I'm not going to lie! I find the whole roleplay idea a little intimidating. I have roleplayed before, but never in a format such as the forum replies.

Welcome to the RPC! If you like pokémon and want to start with something very free and not (yet) complicated, definitely sign up for Begin Again! I'm the Game Master (GM) there :)

Other than that, you have to try a few things before you realize what you like and dislike, I suppose. But also, in forum roleplaying an important part is to make the whole thread feel like a story, like a novel. It's awesome to create something that can be a piece of literature in retrospect :3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I see the chit-chat has gotten a little quiet. Here's a question that'll hopefully poke you right in the nostalgia:

What's the most 'awesome' thing any of your characters have done, in your opinion? (Feel free to give details and/or context)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    What's the most 'awesome' thing any of your characters have done, in your opinion? (Feel free to give details and/or context)

I had a character in War Between Pokemon and Humans, sandbox RP which took place in the Sinnoh region; he was a ruthless, merciless Reuniclus whose intelligence allowed him to use human artillery against his enemies.

The Pokemon rebels had just conquered Canalave and Jubilife, pushing the humans back to Oreburgh; I had my character use explosives to blow up the Mt. Coronet tunnels from Jubilife to Oreburgh and from Eterna to the east, effectively isolating Eterna from the humans, who were trapped in the eastern side of Sinnoh. The Pokemon conquered Eterna without much resistance from the humans.

It felt pretty cool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not sure actually... Byt flying up to the too of the eiffel tower to try and stop a madman from raining down meteors over Paris was pretty cool. Agnes from Atlantis Awakening did that.

Also Ashton in New Johto League (I think) saved his friend from freezing to death on ice floors in that ice cave, and caught a Cryogonal in the process, teaching me to love that pokemon. I loved writing that adventure. Oh, same character also ran into a gym battle carrying and using his Remoraid as a cannon. Great times. Where did that creativity go?

Oooh and of course the Homestuck RP Checkmate (the original) where I took over a character from a player and had him fight weird monsters through his mansion on a new planet and escape just before the ocean flooded it iirc. Maybe it wasn't quite that spectacular but I like to think it was, haha.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • What's the most 'awesome' thing any of your characters have done, in your opinion? (Feel free to give details and/or context)

Oh Arceus I have no idea. I've been in so many, and I just . . . don't recall every awesome moment.

My original character in Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning, Sainan the Absol, managed to kill a Sentinel on his own (not an easy task) by using Explosion, sacrificing himself in the process. Granted, it was SV who wrote that, as I was away from the RP at the time. >.>; Still, it was cool.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what other . . . "epic" moments some of my characters have had.

Reactions: SV

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    So just wondering, what kind of roleplay are you guys currently craving or hoping would suddenly appear? >.>

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm always up for a good journey roleplay. I think it would be interesting if someone other than Rika were to make one and have it be successful, but that seems ~unlikely~. Rika seems to be the unofficial journey queen.

Other than that, there's nothing I'm anticipating, really

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I second this.

I've got my new 'Demon Hunter' roleplay coming out soonish after Atlantis, so I'm looking forward to that. :P

Do tell! That could be very interesting if done correctly. Although I have seen many fall short of what I had hoped for.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Do tell! That could be very interesting if done correctly. Although I have seen many fall short of what I had hoped for.

I don't want to spoil too much, but basc a bunch of characters join a Demon Hunting organisation and shenanigans take place d:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back