• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ghetsis + ____ = N

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    It is Delia Ketchum, and N is Ash's brother. The way I see it, she had a divorce with Ghetsis while N was like 4 or 5 and Ash still in her belly, which explains why both of them have only one parent.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    N's mother is Wally's mother, and they are twins. She did not tell Ghetsis she was having twins, though, so when she had the first baby (N) Ghetsis only took him away. Wally's mom had him then and wen to Hoenn to escape Ghetsis's maniacal plans, thinking it was too late already to take N back from him.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Maybe it's a little far fetched...but I'm N's mom. I know, you're all shocked, but it's the truth.

jk I think TheSmartOne's theory is the best, and not only that, but it implies an RS remake. ;)

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I forgot those names but... One of those two girls who are shown in the intro of the game.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    What, Concordia and Anthea? They look a bit young, but I guess you can't really tell in games. I was thinking they were his nursemaids when he was a baby.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I agree with TheSmartOne, they look awfully familiar and as Syd said, it kinda links to Hoenn which implies an RS remakeee (YN)

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Ghestis dint seem very fatherly to me to be honest couldn't wally be his dad? he was like 16 in 2003. I think that team plasma stole N because they saw he had potential hence the facts that he has no name well except N which i really don't think counts, and that he was taken care of my maids or something. I think divorce and bastard children are a little to dark for a Pokemon game and the mother.... May maybe?

PS: these games couldn't possibly take place at the same time the have diff technology and they quote each other in past tense.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    But see, Wally and N are about the same age, I think. Wally was going on his Pokemon journey in RSE and he was maybe 12 or so, held back by his frailty. RSE happened at the same time as FR/LG and HG/SS is three years later than that. Going off the ex-Team Rocket member's history, B/W is maybe 5-8 years later. That makes Wally 17-20 at the same time of the events in B/W are happening, thus dropping him in about the same age range as N.

Therefore, Wally can't be N's father, unless some time travel was involved.

In your point about the technology- Unova is quite the distance from any other region, and Hoenn has much more eco-friendly technology and lifestyles. Of course they're gonna be different.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i don't think we will ever learn who the mom is.
    in the game N is like your negative (just realized that could be his real name:P)
    you seek truth/ideals he seeks ideals/truth.
    in the game you never know who your dad is, so it makes sense that you don't find out.

400th post, weee!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    We don't know for sure whether Ghetsis is N's father in the first place. Remember, one of the sages states that he is not really sure.

Okay, not true. Ghetsis basically tells you, but the sages were not there to hear it. Just because a character does not know something does not mean that we don't.

So, their last name is Harmonia. I don't think Ash's mom or Wally's mom is his mother. As far as we know it's some random hooker (which might actually be right) :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    N could be a test tube baby and therefore not have a mother.

That's a really interesting theory. Considering Ghetsis' attitude towards N, his name plus who would want a kid with Ghetsis, it would make sense as far as the storyline if N never had a real mother.

But does that kind of technology exist in the Pokemon world? XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Professer Juniper. ROFL

I want to know why my protagonist from Gen V doesn't have a Dad. I thought after Gen 3? they introduced dads. Now they're gone again.

Gen 3 was the only game where you had a dad.

... ... ...Maybe...Ghetsis is your father and N is your brother? It goes with how the two brothers in ancient Unova were the heroes, and they were what caused Reshiram and Zekrom to split...maybe it's you and N that will unite them? I think that would be epic, except for the fact that Ghetsis would be your father...but then again, they could make him go "[Insert your name here], I am your father!" *hits you with a pokeball*

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Here are some well thought out possibilities:

The player's Mum. N and the player seem to have a special connection, so idk it kinda makes a lot of sense. Player's Dad was some random guy who had a one night stand with player's Mum. So they're half brothers.

Or:

Sydian. Why would he lie about being N's Mother? Quite obviously, he's ashamed of his son, and after finally plucking up the courage to tell us, he chickened out and just said it was a joke instead.

So yeah, those are my theories.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    thus dropping him in about the same age range as N.

How old is N anyway like how would you know when you walk up to him and in picture comparison he looks about the same age as you but your only about 12 right, the same as all the games

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    The protagonists in B/W are supposed to be older- as in 14-16. N is seemingly older than the protagonists, maybe 17-19 (though 21 and a half is also an age that could be attributed to him).

Back