• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ghetsis + ____ = N

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I honestly don't think they had a plan for N's mother at all. D:
    I guess it's a mystery, but does it really matter anyway?

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Perhaps with the upcoming of the next game, if they make a sort of..add on of B/W like Emerald with R/S and Crystal with G/S...It will explain it :o. Or if they come out with a new region..Maybe N will show up, holding his mommys hand? :O... I hope so!

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Could his mom.... be a pokemon BUMMVUMBVUBUBMBUBMUBUBUMMMMMMMM!!!!! it starting to get all soap operay in here

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    So the question is:

Who do you think is N's mother? Why?

Ghetsis + ____ = N

Skyla. Because she's just that hot. KIDDING I'M KIDDING :<

Ghestis dint seem very fatherly to me to be honest couldn't wally be his dad? he was like 16 in 2003. I think that team plasma stole N because they saw he had potential hence the facts that he has no name well except N which i really don't think counts, and that he was taken care of my maids or something. I think divorce and bastard children are a little to dark for a Pokemon game and the mother.... May maybe?

PS: these games couldn't possibly take place at the same time the have diff technology and they quote each other in past tense.

Ghetsis + ____ = N
    Ghetsis + ____ = N
    Ghetsis + ____ = N

An older Wally? 16? IN 2003? 0_0 Personally, I place him, Brendan, and May all at 13 (at the maximum), and technically even that's a stretch, considering May is supposed to be TEN (in the anime, at least).

But see, Wally and N are about the same age, I think. Wally was going on his Pokemon journey in RSE and he was maybe 12 or so, held back by his frailty. RSE happened at the same time as FR/LG and HG/SS is three years later than that. Going off the ex-Team Rocket member's history, B/W is maybe 5-8 years later. That makes Wally 17-20 at the same time of the events in B/W are happening, thus dropping him in about the same age range as N.

Therefore, Wally can't be N's father, unless some time travel was involved.

In your point about the technology- Unova is quite the distance from any other region, and Hoenn has much more eco-friendly technology and lifestyles. Of course they're gonna be different.

Wally possibly being N's sibling is plausible. Though Wally's family in RSE seemed like Hoenn natives, and this would be quite strange if he and N were siblings. #_#

So, their last name is Harmonia. I don't think Ash's mom or Wally's mom is his mother. As far as we know it's some random hooker (which might actually be right) :3

N Harmonia? Are you kidding me? He's probably changing his surname on the first chance he gets. XD

Ghetsis Harmonia; ROFL.

N could be a test tube baby and therefore not have a mother.

As freaky as that is, I actually think that would be a very viable origin for N, since Ghetsis apparently regards him as nothing more than a tool (or so I've heard). I kind of like that theory.

Professer Juniper. ROFL

I want to know why my protagonist from Gen V doesn't have a Dad. I thought after Gen 3? they introduced dads. Now they're gone again.

Professor Juniper being N's mother would be even weirder. #_#

Ghetsis + ____ = N
    Ghetsis + ____ = N

Concordia or Anthea could be other possibilities, since Concordia can translate to harmony.
    They seriously need battle sprites.

And maybe the dad is at work (away on business) or something? >_> OR MAYBE LOOKER'S THE DAD.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I have a feeling that N's mom died at a young age. That could be why he is innocent and still has the heart of a child.

Without his mother, he probably went to Ghetsis for comfort and became close with him. I don't think a mother would ever let someone take advantage of or use her child the way Ghetsis did. N's story makes much more sense when you think about it this way.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    N's mother was probably intentionally left out of the game so the player could make inferences as to who she could be.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have a feeling that N's mom died at a young age. That could be why he is innocent and still has the heart of a child.

Without his mother, he probably went to Ghetsis for comfort and became close with him. I don't think a mother would ever let someone take advantage of or use her child the way Ghetsis did. N's story makes much more sense when you think about it this way.
    I couldn't agree more to this. Either that, or N's mom left him and Ghetsis when N was young. After that, Ghetsis raised N the way he did.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    I Reckon Caitlin Of The Elite Four May Be A Possible Theory. N And Caitlin Have Semi-Similar Hairstyles.

It Could Also Be One Of The Female Galactic Bosses From Gen IV? (Stupid Idea, Skids)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Honestly, guys, it's pointless to guess unless Game Freak tells us.
    N has a mother, but she must have died in an accident. (That's what they always do to make an excuse of not having a father)
    It's either that or Game Freak is just too lazy to make N's mom.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Here's my theory: Soon after giving birth to N, Ghetsis began being abusive toward both N and the mother. This, coupled with the mother becoming increasingly doubtful/wary of her husband's plan with Team Plasma, divorced and left him, but somehow Ghetsis manipulated the divorce courts to gain full custody of N.

His real birth mother could be anyone, though his resemblance to Wally is something that I can't ignore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    She was an unimportant woman who has most likely never ever been taken into consideration as there was no place for her in the story.

Also N looks nothing like Wally, you're all crazy.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    When Ghetsi had gender reallignmment surgery, Ghetsi decided
    a squiggly letter S added to her name would be an appropriate change in identity.

What with having a dangly and all.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Here's my theory: Soon after giving birth to N, Ghetsis began being abusive toward both N and the mother. This, coupled with the mother becoming increasingly doubtful/wary of her husband's plan with Team Plasma, divorced and left him, but somehow Ghetsis manipulated the divorce courts to gain full custody of N.

His real birth mother could be anyone, though his resemblance to Wally is something that I can't ignore.

As i said before divorce is definitly something that would not happen in pokemon.

Also N looks nothing like Wally, you're all crazy.

are you kidding he looks just like wally with his green hair and his....... green......hair ok you have a point the only reason they look a like is the hair and in anime there is plently of colored hair styles to be honest if they both had brown hair no one would say that they look alike

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Caitlin being N's mother would be so weird. Though she does look "motherly" in BW...

Honestly, guys, it's pointless to guess unless Game Freak tells us.

Well, then, it's technically pointless to guess a lot of things. Doesn't stop people from speculating, though. XD

I'm kind of hating how the "leave it up to interpretation" trope is being used way too much by writers these days. It's getting old...

As i said before divorce is definitly something that would not happen in pokemon.

are you kidding he looks just like wally with his green hair and his....... green......hair ok you have a point the only reason they look a like is the hair and in anime there is plently of colored hair styles to be honest if they both had brown hair no one would say that they look alike

If they can have parental abandonment and death (and brief references to pregnancy regarding Mew in the games), I wouldn't necessarily completely rule out divorce, as "taboo" as it is. I think they once even loosely implied the concept of "cheating" in an episode (AG069; Love, Petalburg Style. LOL at the number). I'm presuming that N's mother will be identified/revealed in Gray Version, though - however, the "test tube baby" origin seems even more plausible.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Like other people before me, i think N's mother died when he was only little. Its what happens in 97.2% of stories. I don't think divorces would be in a G or PG game. And anyway what type of mother would let her husband raise a child like that?

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    N's mother is Wally's mother, and they are twins. She did not tell Ghetsis she was having twins, though, so when she had the first baby (N) Ghetsis only took him away. Wally's mom had him then and wen to Hoenn to escape Ghetsis's maniacal plans, thinking it was too late already to take N back from him.

I know this threads meant to be a bit of fun but I really like this Idea.
    Imagine this happening and it being a part of a R/S/E remake.

Get it done Gamefreak.

Back