• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

girls and pokemon?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • I can't think of any girls in my area that play Pokémon. But...none of them know how to have any fun, either, so if that doesn't 'splain much, I don't know what will. lol :laugh:

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Well, I play pokemon and am a girl, but I don't really play it "hardcore", per se. A bunch of my friends who were girls played it in the past, but not recently, though my one friend did buy herself a copy of Heartgold.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I'm a female who just graduated college, and I play Pokemon (have been since Red). I brought my DS to college and would play it in my spare time. I would randomly hand it to guys (my tech school had a 9:1 male to female ratio) to nickname the Pokemon I caught.

I also play WoW, have won Halo tournaments, and was the president of video game club two years of high school. Let's just say I'm a HUGE nerd.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • I'm a female who just graduated college, and I play Pokemon (have been since Red). I brought my DS to college and would play it in my spare time. I would randomly hand it to guys (my tech school had a 9:1 male to female ratio) to nickname the Pokemon I caught.

I also play WoW, have won Halo tournaments, and was the president of video game club two years of high school. Let's just say I'm a HUGE nerd.

yeah my college its 12:1 XD

but there's a college inside my college so that kinda balances it out ~ish

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • I know many male players who chose to be Dawn in DPP

A lot of people choose the character that appeals to them more and has the better design, rather than choose based only on their real gender. I don't blame them, Lucas is my least favorite hero.

Exactly. Lucas has got to be the stupidest looking "hero" ever in my opinion. Seriously, the main reason I restarted my Platinum was because I was about to puke everytime I started my Platinum from seeing Lucas' OW sprite. Seriously, his hat makes me go WTF.

And if you look at my signature, you will notice that i'm now a female ingame. Dawn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucas imo.

And yes, there is indeed a lot of guys who choose the female trainer simply because they find her more visually appealing (well obviously) than the guy.
    Or because they think Lucas looks stupid, like me.

I'm going to choose Kotone in SoulSilver as well because I prefer her over Gold. Simple as that.

It's probably the same on PBR. A lot of guys playing as the female trainer. But there are still lots and lots of female trainers playing.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Let me sum it up to this;

There are girls who play Pokemon, but the chances that you'll see them actually do it in public(not during some event of any kind) is rarer than you screaming to your girlfriend that you love her in a movie theatre, but rarer than her actually sayingscreaming it back.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
  • I know some girls that used to play Pokémon when they were kids :) . I have the same problem my girlfriend thinks its really childish but cute :)

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Well, I knew quite a lot of girls that played Pokemon when I was little, back in the Kanto/Johto era.

To put it in my opinion, stereotypically, girls just don't play video games.
    There are MANY girls that play Pokemon, you just don't really see them playing in public.
    Frankly, I don't even see boys that play in public.

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Since I'm also a girl, I'll address this situation as well.

I have every single Pokemon game. GBA, GB, DS, Wii, and GC. I play them all the time,.

Sometimes I'll bring my DSi around the stores and mall, and play it there. Once, a couple of boys my age were staring at me, and I laughed at them. My mom and I just walked down the aisles, laughing hysterically at their expressions, as if they couldn't believe a girl actually had a DSi, and was playing Pokemon Platinum. xD

This is a little off topic, but I feel the need to mention it.
    Once, I was telling my friend about how I got the DSi for Christmas, and this boy(who supposedly likes me) says, "What are you, a two year-old?" My thoughts? Instant. Hate. Vibe. [/offtopic]

[Off Topic] Okay, why would he think that two year olds have the hand eye coordination to play video games? Stupid idiot. LOL

[On Topic] I just about eat, sleep, and breath Pokemon. I'm very hardcore into Pokemon and have been playing for ten and a half years. I have quite a collection if I say so myself. Check out my YouTube Video on my profile if anyone is curious.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I'll be quite honest here. Though this probably might've been said already, it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

You'll rarely ever find anyone around my area that plays Pokemon, whether it's a guy or a girl. I'm like one of the very few people that do here. XD;

Yeah I dont see many people in general outside with their DS or any game, maybe just some little kid.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Well EX-CUSE me! I'm a girl and still play Pokemon. Very competativeish I may add.

The only other person I know that plays Pokemon is my friend Betty

Years
  • I'm a girl and i've been playing pokemon since blue came out(i'm almost 17). Alot of my friends say i'm a "hardcore" player but i really don't care. Pokemon is a hobby i've enjoyed for a long time. I play it in public all the time. I always have my DSi with me and people see me with my pokemon diamond game(in which i have acchomplished the most in) and they either say "Look at that nerd playing pokemon at 16", "Oh cool she's playing pokemon!", or "What the heck is a girl doing playing video games in the first place?" I love pokemon and that's all that matters.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • I'd consider myself neither a hardcore or casual player, but somewhat in between. I evolve Pokémon unless I already have it's evolved form (or forms.) I don't have Wi-Fi, so I don't play competitively, yet I EV train. I don't spend much time trying to get a Pokémon with a good nature and IVs, but I search for a decent one, such as a Starly that doesn't have a nature that lowers attack. I once got annoyed because I caught two timid ones in a row. Despite being female, I tend to like Pokémon such as Giratina, Lucario, etc.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • Where I'm from, Hardcore girl Pokemon trainers don't exist....especially at my age. I still love and play Pokemon because it was my first video game and the ONLY game out of all the games in the world that I thoroughly understood and loved. Girls my age, in my hometown, are too busy trying to shop and get laid....honestly.

Edit: Btw; I hope there is more girl trainers out there. I respect girl Pokemon trainers. Back when I first started playing guys laughed and never took me serious when it came to Pokemon. That's why I'm all about the Girl Trainer Domination lol

Back