• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glass half full or half empty?

Which are you?

• Optimistic

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Pessimistic

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Depends on the day

Votes: 38 48.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2008
    It really ends up depending on the day for me. I'm usually a pretty laid back, optimistic person, but there are always those days where the glass seems to be 'half empty.'

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    The glass is definitely half empty over here. I NEED MOAR JOOSE I try to look at things with a good point of view but it never seems to work out.

Myw

Feelin' Fresh
    Years
    I don't know which one stands for Optimistic but that's what I am, I look at the bright side of things because that's the best way to live my live for me.

Sometimes I am down but I'm not Persimistic, I just have one of those dys when you feel like a "Teenager".

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I like to see myself as an Optimist and I generally am, only on bad days I am a strong Pessimist. Depends really. I always tend to see things on the brighter side.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Whether it is half full, or half empty, it is just the same to me. It's just half-way.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    Do you have half a cookie? Lol, just kidding. I'm optimistic but my sister is so pessimistic but I'm not ending up like her!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Depends on the situation. When the sun is shining and the people are in a good mood, I'm optimistic. If it's the opposite, of course I'm pessimistic.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Generally, I can be an optimistic person. But at times, I fear for the worst and thats where i'm at my pessimistic stage. It happens rarely so I can still be considered optimistic.

And the glass is half-full.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Being a perfectionist, I always look at how empty my glass it. If my glass is 10% empty, hell I'm not satisfied. I do tend to look at the bright side of things and hope for improvement, even if such improvements are unrealistic. Then again, that depends on the issue. Therefore, I choose "depends on the day".

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    pessimist, well, sorta...

the way i figure it, the lower the bar you set for yourself, the more pleased you'll be at the results.

so it's like pessimistic to be optimistic? i dunno, i think my logic is confusing me

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Now I remember, My Physics teacher asked that to a few kids excluding me. I was on the "Glass half full". I'm always optimistic. I mostly focus towards the Positive points.

Facade

I Liek Fakemon :3
    Years
    Usually half full, because if you were going to fill a glass you would normally fill it more than half. So by the time it's down to half, it would be half empty, because it's lost the rest of the liquid.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Depends on how I feel. If I'm sad, depressed or just really really stressed out I'm like "THE GLASS IS FREAKING HALF EMPTY!!" *rips people's heads off*
    Yeah...^^; I can be very pessimistic then.

However most of the time, when I'm happy and in a good mood. I'm extremely optimistic, to the point that I annoy the hell out of others. x3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I guess I'm more of a realist, as I think of the best and worst outcomes, and make sure I'm prepared for either. When I look at the said glass, I say "lol, that's the thing from the philosophical debate everyone's hyped up on."

Seriously, the glass just has 50% water, and 50% air. :D

Back