• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glass half full or half empty?

Which are you?

• Optimistic

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Pessimistic

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Depends on the day

Votes: 38 48.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    I could care less about how full the glass was. All I care about is what's in the glass. I once read somewhere that seeing the glass like that indicated one as being cynical, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Half Empty. That's how I see the glass, but not necessarily the outlook on life. I'm generally both, depending on the day.

But I'd like to argue that it's half empty if you drank it and half full if you filled it. *shot*

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Half full, half empty.... at least it has something in it! ^.^

My outlook can fluctuate periodically, sometimes between weeks, months, or even hours. Often I stand on neutral ground and just roll with both the good and the bad.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    I like to try and have a good attempt at optimism, but i often feel dragged down and pessimistic..=/ I'm a lot more optimistic than i used to be though, i was down with clinical depression a couple of years back..Lolwut

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm being honest here. If I looked into my glass I would groan and say it was half empty, lol.

Years
    It is half full if you are filling it or have just filled it.
    It is half empty if you or someone else have drank or emptied it.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
    Like Kyen, it depends on what it was before. If it's being filled then half full, if half has just been drank then half empty.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    I'm pretty optimistic, so I see it half empty. And as I see it half empty, I wonder what it'd be like to see it completely full, and I do what I can to make sure its that way.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Well, if the cup had been empty, but liquid was then added, then it would be half full. If the cup had been full, but half of it had been taken away, then it would be half empty. ^_^
    I'm mostly an optimist. =D

~Oh, and to make the pessimistic option happy, the glass is only half empty. =]
    xX

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Neither.

It's "Who the heck has been drinking out of my cup."

But, seriously, I do see it as neither and both at the same time. It can't be half empty because it's half full. Yet, it can't be half full because it's half empty.

I guess that would mean I'm pessimistic and opptomistic?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I don't see the glass as half-full or half-empty. I'd just say "Hey! Who drank out of my cup?" XD

But, being more serious, I'd say it depends on my mood, the time of day, the situation, the stress level, etc. But still, as I said in my first sentence, I'm pretty much neither optimistic or pessimistic. Or maybe I'm a pessimistic optimist or an optimistic pessimist. I don't know.

Back