• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Global Warming

Do you think it will be possible to reduce the Global Warming?

• Yes

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Are you crazy, man?!?

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Well, you can't really blaim people for realizing Global Warming too late. As the quote goes, "Ignorance is bliss..."

It's been getting hotter/colder these days, thanks to this particular phenomena. Pollution hurts the layers above the earth and if those layers are to be destroyed... say hello to extreme vast amounts of ultra violet rays destroying Earth.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Well, you can't really blaim people for realizing Global Warming too late. As the quote goes, "Ignorance is bliss..."

It's been getting hotter/colder these days, thanks to this particular phenomena. Pollution hurts the layers above the earth and if those layers are to be destroyed... say hello to extreme vast amounts of ultra violet rays destroying Earth.

that's not even what the theory of global warming is o.o
    very few people actually think the ozone layer is in trouble. The threat of global warming, which is what everyone is scared of is this:
    Gases known as 'greenhouse gases' get into the atmosphere (because of human waste)
    these gases are called greenhouse gases, because they act like a greenhouse. sun gets in, but can't come back out, and the atmosphere heats up because of all the extra gas. This causes the world to slowly get warmer.
    that's in VERY basic terms, but there ya go.
    Now as for ozone damage, our ozone is pretty dang strong. it can take quite a bit of damage. If there was a "hole" in the ozone layer, everything beneath that hole would be incinerated. our ozone deflects over 60% of the sun's energy. Maybe the ozone layer is thinner in certain spots than it used to be, but there are no holes. and I doubt there will be

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I agree with Erimgard about the ozone layer, it's incredibly strong.

Even if only gradually, the world is beginning to realize the problem and take it serious. Don't deny global warming because you fear it; that's the worst thing you can do. Confront it, make better choices and help are environment. Even small changes can make a huge difference. Reducing waste by recycling, using more ecofriendly cars, etc. Global Warming is a natural process, but like a few others said, it isn't natural at this rate. We can never 'cancel out' a natural process, but by reducing its affects we can do many things.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
    Haven't any of you read my posts? The rate faster in the thirties than in the nineties yet we were releasing a tiny fraction of what we release now. If you find an up to date graph with a best fit line, you will find that it has levlled out in the last decade or so. Am I to believe that a rate of approximately 0 is unnatural warming? I think not.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Why should we? You go on about the same "globarl wrmanig is unnnatural cawzes!/1?!/ eye thank NUT!"

and saying "global warming is going to kill us all" without presenting ANY facts is much better? I think not...
    I guarantee you no one is going to have their minds changed here today, because, to be honest, most people in the world don't give a rat's behind about facts. they believe what they want to.

for the most part, all we have in this thread is people giving their OPINIONS, which are quite useless, and not really saying much for facts

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
    "globarl wrmanig is unnnatural cawzes!/1?!/ eye thank NUT!"

?

WTF?

I speak in perfectly reasonable English thank you very much. Anyway, if you HAD read my posts rather than just jumping in and saying how dreadful global warming is, based on no more than media exaggeration and not looking up any hard and fast facts, you would have a more balanced view and you may think differently

I'm not saying I'm right, I may not be, but you'll find I've put a lot more evidence in my posts than those for global warming. You'd be better off imitating them...

"Omg ur sooo stpid global wrming is like kilin da polar bears n stuff. Its like sooo blatant."

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Alexllew, if the Global Warming is at this rate, it's HUMANITY's fault. You are talking about media exaggeration, and some things are, but others aren't!

You were talking about the gases released in the 30's are more than in the 90's. It's true, but some gases have a looooooooooong "life" and only takes effect much years later! Resuming, some gases released decades ago are taking effect now! We're lucky they have stopped making some gases such as CFC because they understood it. And pollution doesn't help! That's why some countries are giving up a little about stone oil and searching for natural gas and alternative energy.

Zet

Years
    Even if we were to reduce global warming you'd still have some idiots polluting making it in possible to do and by idiots I mean the type of people who love their V8's and above so much that they would never try pollution reducing emition(sp?)cars and we'd need one hell of a giant air conditioner that can blow all around the world during hot days

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Alexllew, if the Global Warming is at this rate, it's HUMANITY's fault. You are talking about media exaggeration, and some things are, but others aren't!

You were talking about the gases released in the 30's are more than in the 90's. It's true, but some gases have a looooooooooong "life" and only takes effect much years later! Resuming, some gases released decades ago are taking effect now! We're lucky they have stopped making some gases such as CFC because they understood it. And pollution doesn't help! That's why some countries are giving up a little about stone oil and searching for natural gas and alternative energy.

We did not say anything about their being more gas in the 30s. the exact opposite is true. there was LESS polution/gas yet the temperatures were higher....I don't get your argument at all. what relevance does it have?

Gabri

m8
    Years
    The rate faster in the thirties than in the nineties yet we were releasing a tiny fraction of what we release now.

Here.

Hey... o.0
    How can the GW's rate be faster in the 30's if people released almost NOTHING at that time? Alexllew, please explain this better because I understood nothing.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    that's not what he said
    he said the rate of temperature rise was faster EVEN THOUGH WE WERE RELEASING A FRACTION OF WHAT WE DO NOW.
    sorry for the caps, just trying to emphasize :P
    he said the same thing I just said:
    we had less gas, but more heat
    how is it explained? natural cycles

Gabri

m8
    Years
    that's not what he said
    he said the rate of temperature rise was faster EVEN THOUGH WE WERE RELEASING A FRACTION OF WHAT WE DO NOW.
    sorry for the caps, just trying to emphasize :P
    he said the same thing I just said:
    we had less gas, but more heat
    how is it explained? natural cycles

True. Because there's much gases released yet and taking effect. But by NATURAL effects, there was not so much heat as it is now. So, humanity interfered on that.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    i sadly think we won't be able to reduce it. how people are in the world right now its gonna be hard to change their ways.

However if our world still is around by the next generation i will say it will be possible to reduce it.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    even hardcore supporters of the theory of global warming don't think there will be significant damage to this generation

Karsen

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I do not think people can reduce it now, it is way too late to stop something what is already happening.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
    Thank you erimgard, just to confirm, yes, I said the rate of warming was faster despite the level of carbon emissions being far lower.

Incidentally, here is an interesting link: https://www.oism.org/news/s49p725.htm.

Its basically a statement signed by 17,000 scientist essentially debunking the whole climate change thing. Have a look, its quite surprising!

EDIT: Ok fair enough, I just realised its from 1998, but still, its quite startling.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back