• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun, anyone? (fanclub)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • List updated.

Oh mai, if you're having trouble with Doom Dragon (which is what you're refering to) then don't even try to go against Dulluhan. His stats are so high it almost seems hacked.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Oh, I might be able to make a user bar. I'll see what I can do. On GS I am trouble with the Kraken due to under leveling, my guys are like 15-16.. with like one 17, Mia.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • List updated.

Oh mai, if you're having trouble with Doom Dragon (which is what you're refering to) then don't even try to go against Dulluhan. His stats are so high it almost seems hacked.

I haven't actually played the game in ages..
    I really ought to.. I'm sure I'd be able to take down Doom Dragon easily now though.
    After all, when I fought him, I had a stupid ten year old brain, and now it's a not-so-stupid fifteen year old brain.
    Reasons I struggled may also include the fact I only levelled up four people...
    [Piers, Felix, Isaac, Sheba]..

Years
  • Oh you have GOT to count me in. I love Golden Sun with a passion, it was the very first game I played in a long time that actually captivated me and I simply adore the entire plot cycle and graphic design. This is quite honestly one of the best games for the GBA through both game play and aesthetics.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Golden Sun = one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I loved every second of it. Masterfully made =]

In other words, I'm totally joining. XD

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • List updated. I'm quite happy to see this much support =D

I haven't actually played the game in ages..
    I really ought to.. I'm sure I'd be able to take down Doom Dragon easily now though.
    After all, when I fought him, I had a stupid ten year old brain, and now it's a not-so-stupid fifteen year old brain.
    Reasons I struggled may also include the fact I only levelled up four people...
    [Piers, Felix, Isaac, Sheba]..
    Ah, that's the same with me. My weapon selections were so bad from my file from when I was 11 that it's almost like another fun challange trying to set up the items well.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Ah, that's the same with me. My weapon selections were so bad from my file from when I was 11 that it's almost like another fun challange trying to set up the items well.

Yeah. I restarted the game yesterday. Reading this topic got me wanting to play again.
    I renamed all the charachters aswell using the input code [It's a suprize I still remember it, tbh.]
    I'm currently around that town where Piers is being held. [Can't remember it's name, i woke up at 4 in the morning and started playing. All seemed like a blur. Can't wait till I get piers on my team though - I need to offload that mercury djinni onto him. I suppose it allows sheba to hit a little harder, though, but it takes away all those powerful Wind Psynergy while it's set, So I tend to use it as soon as it sets. [I suppose I should play around with djinn setup of my team a bit. I tend to assign Djinn to people who are of the same elemental alignment, I.e. Jupiter Djinn get set to Sheba or Ivan.]
    My team's only Level 8 at the moment. I guess I haven't got so many levels 'cuz I used to forget how to get through the Dekhan Plateau.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'd love to join this club. The Golden Sun series is one of the best during the GBA's lifetime and it really deserves a sequel, since it was meant to be a trilogy anyway. I've heard that Camelot as a game in the works for the Wii that is said to be an RPG, keep your fingers crossed.

My favorite characters in Golden Sun are:
    Spoiler:

Another cool thing I figured out well looking up Golden Sun info, Camelot had put a nod to Link from the Legend of Zelda in Golden Sun: The Lost Age as an unused NPC. They even used the old-school brown haired Link. By using a GameShark, you can exchange Felix's overworld sprites with Link's unused overworld sprites, not battle sprites though. I've included the pic and GS codes below.
    Spoiler:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • List updated.

I know the guy who discovered the Zelda sprite ^_^ Mia's pretty popular amoung the die hard fans, but Jenna... well, I don't hate her, but be careful when on a fansite XD I'm quite suprised to say there are still quite a few active forums on the subject, which is nice.

I'd post my theories here, but some are so weird that I think that I'd melt all of your brains.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Um, I've never heard of it.

Well, a summary of a few theories I have:
    - Ivan/Sheba/[insert Jupe here]'s Mind Read has some interesting properties. The user can "connect" with a mind for a minimum of a 1/10 of a second, which does the minimal "at the moment" scan. A scan of 30 seconds can reveal everything about a person; basically a download of the person's thoughts, dreams, emotions, memories, even unconcious thoughts.
    - The elemental stars are held in mythril bags rather than being held normally because they have the ability to be absorbed by organic flesh (a hand, for example), causing an immense tranformation. Note how Isaac and Garet both wear gloves, and they were the ones assigned by Kraden to grab the stars. Also note how the Sol Sanctum collapses when the stars are removed - the sheer power of their presence is capable of holding a giant cavern in the mountain together.
    - Not only to Jupiter adepts have the potential to see into the future, but they also have the potential to communicate with the dead and even control others for brief periods of time.
    - Ideas like fission and fusion apply to the world of Weyard, as an immense amount of energy from a lighthouse can fuse with people's bodies, forming a dragon (i.e. Fusion Dragon). Doom Dragon, however, was not formed this way.
    - The people of Weyard, or at least Anagra, believe in a monotheistic religion with souls.
    - The Anemos's technology far surpasses the Lemurians, and in fact, they're still living on the moon and are still capable of producing food for the population. Their technology is so advanced, that it surpasses the newest technology on Earth. However, the radiation which is produced by their technology is reflected off of the moon, which, due to a genetic defect in the citizens of Garoh, changes them into wolf-like-humanoids under maximum exposure, i.e. the full moon (I'm not saying werewolves because werewolves typically lose control of themselves while the "werewolves" of Garoh have obvious control over their behaviour).
    - Weyard has been going through a 500 year cycle of "lost ages", which refers to the lighting and extinguishing of the elemental lighthouses. Basically, the cycle goes that the lighthouses are lit, life is great, Weyard expands, blah blah blah but then there is corruption threatening the existance of the world, so the power is locked up and the lighthouses are extinguished. The world begins shrinking gradually, and by 150 or so years, some group of adepts rises up and lights them again. Then the cycle repeats.

And that's a sample. Let's just say I have free time, and lots of it. (I do the same for Pokemon too, but it's easier to write theories for GS)

BTW, has anyone heard of the Wheat Sword? It's a joke made by fans as a super powerful sword. Here's a fake screen:
    Golden Sun, anyone? (fanclub)

Here's some stuff from GS Universe on the joke:
    Wheat Sword
    From Golden Sun Universe
    The Wheat Sword is a fictitious weapon that was created by fans as a joke. It is supposed to be the strongest weapon in the game. A user at GameFAQs named RyuKenshin took the joke to the next level when he wrote a guide to "Obtain the Wheat Sword," which was actually submitted and accepted on the site. Since then, it has become legendary on various forums and is almost never a topic unseen on these forums. Possibly in response to Camelot's failure to release a Golden Sun 3 in a satisfactory amount of time after the release of The Lost Age, forum posters have attempted to entertain each other and expand the joke to encompass other "grain weapons of ultimate power" such as the Bread Hammer (courtesy of a user named Pkrules), the Grain Axe, and the Noodle Whip. However, these added weapons are viewed by all as being tacky attempts to leech from RyuKenshin's fame, and the board regulars have persuaded all the non-troll users to scorn these items and all topics relating to them.
    The dubious guide that started it all is posted here in its final version before it was removed from GameFAQs:
    /Forging the Wheat Sword FAQ
    As a weapon
    The Wheat Sword is a Long Sword-class weapon that is given the following statistics:

+250 Attack
    Removes the 999 Attack limit on that character
    +20 Venus Power/Resistance
    +20 Mars Power/Resistance
    +20 Mercury Power/Resistance
    +20 Jupiter Power/Resistance
    Critical Hits Increase
    Unleash: "Dutch Farmer"
    Chance of Dutch Farmer hitting 1 time: 37%
    Chance of Dutch Farmer hitting 3 times: 29%
    Chance of Dutch Farmer hitting 6 times: 17%
    Chance of Dutch Farmer hitting 8 times: 12%
    Chance of Dutch Farmer hitting 10 times: 5%

Also, here's how you're supposed to get it XD
    Spoiler:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Mia's pretty popular amoung the die hard fans, but Jenna... well, I don't hate her, but be careful when on a fansite XD I'm quite suprised to say there are still quite a few active forums on the subject, which is nice.
    Jenna's been my fave since the first Golden Sun, I was sad when she left..I didn't like having to wait until Golden Sun: The Lost Age to play as her again.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Yeah, she is pretty cool IMHO. I prefer her over Sheba. Sheba's just a whiney stupid idiot who just complains about how she never knew her parents (actually, she get's it better off than Ivan does - since she crashes to Weyard, the little villagers of Laverio think she's a demigoddess and treat her as best as they can, while Ivan is reared as a freaking servant)

I think that in a GS3 they shouldn't make the next female a healer >_> Sure, Sheba's not one, but Sheba's a higher defense/lower speed version of Ivan. If they decide to do the Earth/Fire/Wind/Water party, I expect to see Master Hama as the Jupe. And I expect her to be totally B.A. (which she would constitute her well because she's already awesome in my book).

Besides Alex and Eoleo, I think she's the only major NPC Adept with a name that fits the 5 character limit XD I may be wrong on this, though...

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Oooo, Jupiter you forgot to TELL ME :P.
    I found this by chance... luckily! Well, I'm a Water Adept fan if anything :P.
    Hmm, has anyone thought about a GS3 being either a Prequal or takeing place in a farther future? By farther future I mean far enough that the characters could have had children.
    Also it would be nice if in a Sequal or Prequal we got the ability to travel the whole entire world. Has anyone tried going back to places from the first one like Vault before? I have ;.; XD

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • List updated.

Both of those ideas are pretty common. I wouldn't mind a prequel, but a super far-in-the-future sequel wouldn't be nice. They'd have to throw away a lot of great characters and risk it with new characters. Sure, TLA had a new playable character (Piers) but it was only one and they pulled it off well. But Camelot could have seriously messed that one up.

I MUST RING THE BELL TO ATTRACT VENUS DJINNI AGAIN LOL. Vault was pretty cool.

Years
  • Hey...isn't Mia already a healer? =O

And yeah wouldn't it be nice if we get a DS version with both versions...AND A PREQUEL + SEQUEL 8D

The expanded memory should handle it. =P

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Naw, I was saying that the next female should be more of an offensive character rather than defensive. Hama seems like a perfect fit.

But if we had a far-off sequel, she'd be like 50-60 =P

And I hope that at least you all know who I'm talking about...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Another cool thing I figured out well looking up Golden Sun info, Camelot had put a nod to Link from the Legend of Zelda in Golden Sun: The Lost Age as an unused NPC. They even used the old-school brown haired Link. By using a GameShark, you can exchange Felix's overworld sprites with Link's unused overworld sprites, not battle sprites though.
    I know the guy who discovered the Zelda sprite ^_^

*waves*

Yes, the mad Kraden scene in Lemuria is real too.

Back