• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google+, Facebook killer?

Years
  • Even if i had the spirit to, I probably wouldnt use it.. I barely use Facebook right now, but Google+ has interested me a little, though I know few people with Google accounts..

I actually find Twitter to be my social networking hangout place.. dunno why though, but its just me.

Years
  • Facebook engeniers have actually made a made something that mimics the circle feature of google+
    Its called circlehacks too.
    found here

Maybe if facebook are copying already it won't be as bad as some think.

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Google+ is trying to get more users than Facebook has for some reason.
    I dunno why maybe they and Facebook became enemies and google made Google+

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I'm excited. It feels weird to say that about a social network. But I know Google can give them a run for their money. They have a lot of clout. They currently own the first (Google), third (YouTube) and eighth (Blogger) most popular sites. Possibly the most competitive field (second only to OSs, if that) is browsers and they managed to break into that like it was nothing with Chrome.

I've added myself to the mailing list. :)

Die Facebook jk, maybe.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • I would love to see Google+ win the race against Facebook tbfh. I have FB but... Whatever, sometimes I don't even go there. Honestly, with everything that Google already has, Google+ would be a blast.
    You could Sync everything better than now (and I'm a fan of this), YouTube, Gmail, News and, of course, Google Chrome.
    In Portugal I have already seen in 2/3 years people going from Blogs to MySpace, from MySpace to Hi5 and from Hi5 to Twitter and Facebook.
    IMO, Facebook+ will have its place in Social Networks History xP

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
    Years
  • Only google is sending invites right now and as of right now their full, hopefully they'll roll out a bigger test soon. Alot of people are complaining about how it is invite only right now, saying its a dumb move and might kill Google+ before it takes off. But i believe its a marketing strategy, being closed like this everyone wants to join, its building up massive hype and publicity. My prediction is that in a few days google will open it up to anyone so that anyone who wanted to join will do so, and they will have a massive amount of people jump on board :P Brilliant if you think about it.
    This wasn't true as I have found out.

I have a Google+ account right now :O

Caranciio

Doof?
    Years
  • I'm really excited to see how this will take off. It looks a lot better than facebook, especially with the circle feature, and the Hangout feature reminds me of Skype, only better because you can watch videos and talk with multiple people. I also really like the feature where you can type in an interest and see things related to it. Reminds me of Tumblr a little. I think Google+ has just combined everything social-related on the internet into one giant site, which is great. Can't wait to test it out for myself!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • While it looks good, I think xkcd explained it best about what Google+ is like (at least for now).

Google+, Facebook killer?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • i never go on Facebook anymore. Just check my notifications and stuff. Google+ is way better. If I want to say something to my friends at school I can do that without annoying the people from here. It also works Vice Versa. Now I just need my friends from school to join.

Years
  • I never really seen it, but I sure have heard about it. I honestly think it won't bring down Facebook though, Facebook is going pretty strong. It'll take awhile for people to learn about Google+, especially since you need an invite to create one.

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
    Years
  • There are several things that Google has to do. Gaming platform like facebook has, video uploading feature like facebook has. These 2 is a must.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm actually really excited to see what could come out of Google+. I think it may catch on, since there are already a few features that people know, like integration with Google Talk. I like the fact that you can have circles so that you can talk about certain things with certain people. The notifications are easily accessable from Gmail, so they're easy to see, which is part of one of Google+'s advantages, being from a company that almost everyone knows. Anyway, I hope to see a lot coming from Google+ in the future.

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    It's going to be hard to topple facebook, right now most people who know about google+ are so called internet enthusiasts. I doubt anybody I know has one anyways so that's preventing me from getting one, because I'm not really interested in moving to another platform just to see how it is.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    It's going to be hard to topple facebook, right now most people who know about google+ are so called internet enthusiasts. I doubt anybody I know has one anyways so that's preventing me from getting one, because I'm not really interested in moving to another platform just to see how it is.

This is sort of true, but if Google continues to add new features that intrigue people enough, the site will eventually catch on. If not, it will become a sort of underground thing, or die out, like Google Buzz did.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • *goes to look*

I doubt it'll over take facebook, *****y high school girls still need a place to whine about boyfriends and other girls ;D
    But like twitter a few people will migrate and i expect it to have its own circle of people see what i did thar I doubt i'll migrate to it but i'll certainly be checking it out. This Sparks and Circles thing intrigues me.

EDIT: I just checked out some of the pictrues
    Spoiler:

Anybody else feel a lawsuit coming on?
    Facebook suing Google for stealing something it stole from Myspace? (And it's not really stealing since the entire layout of that is open source)

That makes sense.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Although Google wishes it could take over FB (Google hates FB because the owner refused to sell it to Google), Google + will not kill Facebook.

They would have to be thoroughly convinced that that Google+ was better. People are lazy though, they dont want to switch over.

Back