• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got no TM87? Imma HM01 you! [TM & HM Speculation Thread]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We can be relatively sure that'll happen. In HGSS, TMs/moves introduced in Sinnoh were available, so I think we'll see the same thing here. In fact, some gym leaders may give out a new TM, like Brawly and Power-Up Punch. I for one would be surprised if they didn't include the new TMs.

Opps, I think I got his post wrong. I thought he was talking about moves that haven't become TMs yet being added. Well in this case I do think they'll add in the new TMs. FrLg had the new ones introduced in RS too irc.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I do hope the HM that would replace Flash wouldn't be Defog or a status move. It's really unnecessary. The HM List we would probably see is:

HM01 - Cut - Rustboro
    HM02 - Fly - Fortree
    HM03 - Surf - Petalburg
    HM04 - Strength - Lavaridge
    HM05 - Rock Smash - Mauville
    HM06 - Waterfall - Sootopolis
    HM07 - Dive - Mossdeep

But I hope we would get all 8 slots filled. Maybe we can get Whirlpool or Rock Climb back as HMs?

Years
    I do hope the HM that would replace Flash wouldn't be Defog or a status move. It's really unnecessary. The HM List we would probably see is:

HM01 - Cut - Rustboro
    HM02 - Fly - Fortree
    HM03 - Surf - Petalburg
    HM04 - Strength - Lavaridge
    HM05 - Rock Smash - Mauville
    HM06 - Waterfall - Sootopolis
    HM07 - Dive - Mossdeep

But I hope we would get all 8 slots filled. Maybe we can get Whirlpool or Rock Climb back as HMs?

It doesn't seem like there's any whirlpools on the map, but maybe if they added some into the clouded regions.
    It's kind of weird for a gym leader to be left out in allowing a HM being used with their badge. But irc it has been done before (I didn't like in in those cases either such as in HGSS and XY).
    I think Defog as the highest chance, plus it's a status move replacing another status move HM. I wouldn't mind Rock Climb though as I enjoyed using it more so than the other HM's in the Sinnoh and Johto games.

Years
    If Defog does come back, it can be used on the peak of Mt. Pyre so facing Aqua or Magma would be much easier.

Exactly. Not like the fog helped them either as they were all in a straight line xD.
    Maybe they could also add in fog at night in some locations as in real life some places become foggy at night or other times of the day.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Regarding flash, it seems like Granite Cave has been quite largely redesigned. From pictures it seems that flash isn't really needed anymore (I could be wrong).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Regarding flash, it seems like Granite Cave has been quite largely redesigned. From pictures it seems that flash isn't really needed anymore (I could be wrong).

Well we saw the last room where Steven is looking at the mural on the wall, iirc that room didn't require flash so it still could be needed for that cave and other areas.

Years
    Well we saw the last room where Steven is looking at the mural on the wall, iirc that room didn't require flash so it still could be needed for that cave and other areas.

It didn't need flash. I assumed it was because it allowed sunlight from the outside to come in, seeing how one must exit to get there.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, some areas of the cave needed flash where as some didn't. Regardless I do think there will be areas in the game as previous that will require Flash. It will be interesting to see how HMs are shuffled, Rock Climb was introduced in DPPT and was carried over to HGSS even though it wasn't originally in the games. Being there are only 5 of the basic HMs in X & Y, I wonder if that's all there will be for ORAS? I mean that would mean no Dive but I think that would be a ridiculous idea to remove the whole Dive concept, especially for the 3D aspect of that.

Years
    Yeah, some areas of the cave needed flash where as some didn't. Regardless I do think there will be areas in the game as previous that will require Flash. It will be interesting to see how HMs are shuffled, Rock Climb was introduced in DPPT and was carried over to HGSS even though it wasn't originally in the games. Being there are only 5 of the basic HMs in X & Y, I wonder if that's all there will be for ORAS? I mean that would mean no Dive but I think that would be a ridiculous idea to remove the whole Dive concept, especially for the 3D aspect of that.

Let's see Hoenn has dive spots, waterfalls, and of course a large amount of water that would require travelling to advance in the game, so that should confirm Dive, Waterfall, and Surf (well surf is confirmed either way) due to the nature of the region (literary). Cut, and Strength are confirmed, while Rock Smash is confirmed to be back. So the number may drop to 7 unless Flash is indeed an HM then we'll keep the original 8 Hoenn HMs. Maybe they'll even add more...kind of doubt it as there's only 8 gyms (unless there's a post game with more). The past two remakes have added HMs that weren't in the originals. However, shall Flash not return and not be replaced either, that'll make ORAS the first set of remakes to instead of increasing the number of HMs, lowering it instead.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I do wish they would replace Flash, with another move. Tbh, I thought you can just skip Brawly coz Flash isn't really needed, till you get to the Pokemon League haha x3 Seems you can't.

Whirlpool seems to be a possible HM to replace, or most probably, Secret Power.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I think we'll keep the same HMs from XY. Any place in RSE where rock-smash rocks can be respawned and you'll be trapped without a PC will probably be replaced by perma-smashable rocks (they'll stay gone) or Strength-movable ones. I don't think they'll change the HM list that they have now.

We'll probably get Charge Beam or Volt Switch from Wattson as Shock Wave isn't a TM anymore, and Scald from the Water-type gym leader since Water Pulse has also been replaced.

Years
    I think we'll keep the same HMs from XY. Any place in RSE where rock-smash rocks can be respawned and you'll be trapped without a PC will probably be replaced by perma-smashable rocks (they'll stay gone) or Strength-movable ones. I don't think they'll change the HM list that they have now.

We'll probably get Charge Beam or Volt Switch from Wattson as Shock Wave isn't a TM anymore, and Scald from the Water-type gym leader since Water Pulse has also been replaced.

Are you saying the HMs will stay at the five XY have? Because Rock Smash is confirmed to be back. Plus Dive will be needed. So that would mean 7 HMs (if Flash doesn't return) unlike Kalos' 5.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Are you saying the HMs will stay at the five XY have? Because Rock Smash is confirmed to be back. Plus Dive will be needed. So that would mean 7 HMs (if Flash doesn't return) unlike Kalos' 5.

I wonder if for "nostalgic" reasons they decide to make flash a HM and make Dive HM08 just like in the originals.

Years
    It was kinda surprising that Kalos has so few HMs. 7 HM's seems to be better than 5 tho haha xP

Yeah, especially given Brawly's Gym isn't the dark alley it used to be and in X/Y Flash didn't really light a cave up, but rather make the view zoom out so yeah I'm alright if Flash isn't a HM in OR/AS. Given Rock Smash became a HM again, I could likely see Secret Power taking up the TM94 slot.

Remember, we have had some TMs that were there in one generation, gone the next and then return in a later generation under a different number. Secret Power has to go in somewhere given the Secret Bases are back.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Here are my two cents on the Gym Leader TMs, though some of them are similar to what previous people said:
    -Roxanne: Rock Tomb
    -Brawly: Bulk Up, Power-Up Punch or Low Sweep
    -Wattson: Charge Beam or Volt Switch (his Magneton used the latter in a pre-release screenshot)
    -Flannery: Overheat
    -Norman: Retaliate (his Slaking used it in a pre-release screenshot)
    -Winona: Sky Drop or Acrobatics
    -Tate and Liza: Psyshock
    -Wallace: Scald

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I seriously cannot imagine Slaking with retaliate...
    That thing would be a KILLING machine unless you use protect every alternate turn.

Years
    Here are my two cents on the Gym Leader TMs, though some of them are similar to what previous people said:
    -Roxanne: Rock Tomb
    -Brawly: Bulk Up, Power-Up Punch or Low Sweep
    -Wattson: Charge Beam or Volt Switch (his Magneton used the latter in a pre-release screenshot)
    -Flannery: Overheat
    -Norman: Retaliate (his Slaking used it in a pre-release screenshot)
    -Winona: Sky Drop or Acrobatics
    -Tate and Liza: Psyshock
    -Wallace: Scald
    Aerial ace is still a TM so perhaps Winona will give us that, though I do prefer she give us Acrobatics.

Back