• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got no TM87? Imma HM01 you! [TM & HM Speculation Thread]

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Unless they bring back Water Pulse as a TM I don't see them giving out anything other than Scald seeing how it's the only water TM (I think...) in the Gen VI TM list. That or they'll make more water TM's like Bubble beam and the like :P

Hey, Bubblebeam in Gen I was madness. Misty trashed me with that move.

But in all honesty, I prefer scald to water pulse. That move isn't just powerful but even has a chance of inflicting a burn.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hey, Bubblebeam in Gen I was madness. Misty trashed me with that move.

But in all honesty, I prefer scald to water pulse. That move isn't just powerful but even has a chance of inflicting a burn.

Imagine if the game went all "Cheating Computer" on us with the burns...

Maybe Wally could give us Dazzling Gleam after our battle with him at Mauville as a thanks for battling him.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I think Dazzling Gleam is too OP for the 3rd Gym. Maybe we can have another event with Wally, perhaps in Mossdeep and another rematch?

Years
    I think Dazzling Gleam is too OP for the 3rd Gym. Maybe we can have another event with Wally, perhaps in Mossdeep and another rematch?

Keep in mind that Wattson has Magneton as his ace, and that one of the earliest fairies we have is Marill who is part water too. Then Flannery's fire type resist Fairy...so it actually wouldn't be much of a use early on, at in 3-4th gym matches.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Is it just me or do I think Dazzling Gleam can be found in either Mt Pyre outer or Mossdeep City?

Considering the fog at Mt Pyre and the link to space at Mossdeep.

Years
    Is it just me or do I think Dazzling Gleam can be found in either Mt Pyre outer or Mossdeep City?

Leijon mentioned Mossdeep earlier. I can see it being in Mt. Pyre.
    Though I kind of want Wally to have it, as then his Ralts can know the move during his Mauville fight with us and by him giving us the TM it'll be explained why it knew that move.

Salzorrah

Years
    I agree that Wally should be the one giving it, but I'm against giving it very early in the game. Like what I said, maybe they could add newer events with Wally, since he just disappears between the 3rd and the Victory Road battle lol

Years
    I agree that Wally should be the one giving it, but I'm against giving it very early in the game. Like what I said, maybe they could add newer events with Wally, since he just disappears between the 3rd and the Victory Road battle lol

I don't think they'll give him extra battles pre-Championship, if Blue and Silver are any indication.
    Anyways perhaps he'll give it to us after the Victory Road Battle, it'll be very useful against the E4 ( being super effective against Sidney and Drake, plus Phoebe's Sableye.)

Now for what will happen to the TM's we got from Game Corner...

Btw I saw a TM ball in the area you can access only by the Acro Bike (by where you catch Feebas). Anyone remember if a TM was there in the originals (I faintly recall an item being there)? If so which one?

Salzorrah

Years
    Checked the route's page, and there is no mention of a TM. I faintly recall that there was in the trailer. Maybe it's just to showcase the TM's being similar in XY or something.

Years
    There's definitely going to be TMs in areas that didn't have them before in the originals, as tons of new moves and TMs have been introduced since then.

Years
    • Seen today
    Do you think any could be added in underwater?

This wasn't addressed at me, but I kind of doubt it.

What they might do, though, is add a bunch of different kinds of "treasure", and expand on the Diving Treasure Hunter, allowing him to give you TMs for those treasures (in addition to the evolutionary stones for the shards like he always did).

Salzorrah

Years
    I hope there would be some underwater, seek it as hidden treasures or something. Maybe it can have mostly water type moves inside of them?

Years
    With underwater TMs they could make them encased in a bubble and float around or something. Play with the 3D mechanics!

Years
    With underwater TMs they could make them encased in a bubble and float around or something. Play with the 3D mechanics!

So long as it doesn't float too high, or one will wonder how the player could even get it...
    I don't think TM's will need a bubble seeing how they're inside a Pokeball which already protects the item (if we are to actually take the Pokeballs shown to be actually Pokeballs and not just signs that it's an item). Maybe make them dark blue and purple versions of the Dive Ball ;)

Salzorrah

Years
    Have you guys ever wondered what will happen to old TM's that aren't in the XY roster? I do hope they are available with the move tutors, as an allusion to the old TMs?

Years
    Have you guys ever wondered what will happen to old TM's that aren't in the XY roster? I do hope they are available with the move tutors, as an allusion to the old TMs?

That's what they did with the old Tm's that were in GS for HgSs. Also I'm sure at least one or two of the old Tm's will replace Rock Smash, and maybe Flash if it also returns.

Back