• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got no TM87? Imma HM01 you! [TM & HM Speculation Thread]

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Besides, Overheat seems to be a great choice for Flannery, seeing as she is a new gym leader, she is still nervous, concerning her actions, she is brash and not thinking her actions through, which complements Overheat well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I used any new TMs for my speculation list whenever possible, as the Gym Leaders in HG/SS and FR/LG gave out new TMs rather than the old ones.
    I just saw that none of Winona's Pokemon can learn Acrobatics by TM. So they'll going to have to change it so that they'll be able to use the TM she gives out, IF she does get Acrobatics. I think she may end up giving out Sky Drop, but mostly I'm leaning towards her keeping Aerial Ace as her choice of Tm.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Looking at things so far, I think we can assume that ORAS will be tougher than XY in general.

1. Flannery may be a new gym leader but Overheat is still a really powerful move. No other 4th gym leader of another region would use/give out such a powerful move.

2. Norman with a slaking that knows retailiate. Again, I cannot imagine that. Slaking will definitely be his last pokemon, meaning the move will have a base power of 140. Together with STAB and Slaking's amazing attack stats, oh god. It will be a way larger threat than Facade.

3. Steven with a mega metagross. Nuff said. This is a TM thread so I won't say more.

Years
    I just saw that none of Winona's Pokemon can learn Acrobatics by TM. So they'll going to have to change it so that they'll be able to use the TM she gives out, IF she does get Acrobatics. I think she may end up giving out Sky Drop, but mostly I'm leaning towards her keeping Aerial Ace as her choice of Tm.

I have to admit it's so funny that Acrobatics is a Flying move but doesn't have that huge of a distribution among Flying-type Pokemon. Sky Drop would be a possibility but that's another one with shallow distribution. I'm pretty much calling for her retaining Aerial Ace as her signature TM move since pretty much everything she has can learn it.

And I agree with Slayerz. I just know it's gonna be harder compared to even X & Y. Thankfully they should keep the EXP Share mechanics from that game to ease the difficulty slightly.

Years
    I sort of am hoping they replace Rock Smash which is now an HM again with Dragon Pulse if Secret Power doesn't fill the void. That or the Treekco line gets that move by level up now.

Years
    Overheat comes with a gamble, and in actual Pokemon battling, can only realistically be used once, and then it's almost required to switch out because of the backlash. I remember back in Emerald when I didn't have anything to wall a Fire type, I'd just catch two scapegoat-mons, let them die to Torkoal's Overheat so that it wastes its berry, and then break it down with Lairon or something. d: It could be replaced with a better TM.

Years
    Flannery's Pokémon have the herb that heals it's stats so unless one lowers their stats to begin with they can use Overheat twice at full power.
    I still think she'll give it away. A lot of rookies think of using pure power to crush their enemies is the best strategy. I was like that in my Gen III days (sort of still am).

Years
    If I recall correctly, Overheat is still a viable move in competitive battling with Pokemon who run mixed sets like Infernape, so the Special Attack drop doesn't really matter much to them. It depends on how you use it, so I think that it'll still be given out.

Funny, I started running a mix set with overheat on Infernape awhile ago... So yeah, it depends on how one uses it. I do hope Flannery uses strong physical moves as her special attack would drop a lot that she stops doing much damage on you after awhile.

Years
    Okay, but Flannery isn't going to run something that intricate unless challenge mode is brought back. I guess I'm also a bit opinionated because I used Mega Manectric recently on an OU team, and Overheat was a very risky choice all the time.

Years
    Okay, but Flannery isn't going to run something that intricate unless challenge mode is brought back. I guess I'm also a bit opinionated because I used Mega Manectric recently on an OU team, and Overheat was a very risky choice all the time.

It's not that intricate to have a mix set though.

Salzorrah

Years
    Back to the course of the TM topic, I think that most of the TMs the gym leaders give should retain since tbh, the TM's kinda complement the gym leader's personality quite well.

But, I totally agree that Water Pulse should be replaced with Scald coz seriously. Beating the 8th gym rewards you with a weak move with confusion >.>

Years
    I want TMs Moonblast.
    I want egg move Water Shuriken Phanpy/Oshawott.
    I want Forest Curse Nuzleaf, more Petal Blizzard (Snover), birds with Egg Bomb.

Tri Attack Moltres should be a thing without Nature Power.

Back to the course of the TM topic, I think that most of the TMs the gym leaders give should retain since tbh, the TM's kinda complement the gym leader's personality quite well.

But, I totally agree that Water Pulse should be replaced with Scald coz seriously. Beating the 8th gym rewards you with a weak move with confusion >.>

Mega Launcher pulse boosting. Wallace or Juan might do the confusion nasty.
    And considering Lanturn as a threat & Kingdra's Dragon Breath...

Years

Unless they bring back Water Pulse as a TM I don't see them giving out anything other than Scald seeing how it's the only water TM (I think...) in the Gen VI TM list. That or they'll make more water TM's like Bubble beam and the like :P

Salzorrah

Years
    Now, where do you guys think the other TMs will be hiding? I think Dazzling Gleam would be hidden somewhere in Lilycove since I think it would be the most sensible place?

Back