• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Line: The Great Pirate Era! [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years

• Ok, here he be, my last char... I think I did a really good job with this one...

Name: Strife, Alexander. *Alex*

Dream: Reunite with that pretty little girl with the bow in her hair.

Pirate Crew: He had none, not any more.

Position: First mate.

Personality: Lonely and Hopeless, Alexander speaks very little, knowing that with every passing day he is father and farther away from his one Love. He always carries her picture with him, hoping that one day he'll see her again. Although he hates the sea he's more then willing to make his way over it, if only to get on step closer to his love. Not a fiber of evil intensions flows threw this man's muscles; He is loyal, friendly, in a word, kind. The nicest guy you would ever meet, the best friend you would be honored to have, but, get on his bad side, and you will see the darkness that can flash into those eyes. A great force to be reckoned with, when angered he is known to Bash your head in with whatever he can get his hands on.

That, thank goodness, doesn't happen often. He can take any comment bad or good and shrug it off. But say something about someone he cares for and the Deep evil with in him will come forth. His kind nature is so radiant that even animals are tame before him, most think that it's just because he loves animals so much, he just says, "They loved me first." He uses his friendships with animals to gain valuable knowledge of his surroundings and to get some sort of information about the news that's going around, Animals are very gossipy.

Appearance: Alexander wears his old green Army suit all the time, the only things that change is that sometimes he has his shirt and sometimes he doesn't, it all depends how hot it is out. His deep blue eyes hold nothing but sadness, if you look strait into them, you'll start to cry for no reason at all. He always has to apologize for this; he doesn't like making people feel bad just because he's sad. Heavy size 16 army boots make him look slightly menacing although it all goes away when you stare up at his spiky black hair. It just doesn't seem army like.

History: Listen to this song, there is a bit of his history, I'll give you what is yet to be told.
    A year after he was presumed dead he was found wandering threw the wilderness completely naked and covered in blood, his dog tags were the only thing he had on, the enemy picked him up and held him hostage for three months. He escaped by bribing one of the guards in ways that he would rather forget. After taking the uniform off a dead solder he was able to find a way back home.

Although tragedy was meant to strike yet again for half way there, he ended up on the shores of the south blue, he was found by an elderly woman who thought he was her son. Unfortunately he thought he was as well for the accident had robbed him of his memory. Five months later Memories began to resurface and he remembered the shipwreck, when confronting the elderly woman she had a heart attack and died in his arms, this brought back memories of war, but with those dreadful memories, he felt… a small twinge of hope, he remembered a beautiful girl, with a bow in her hair. He felt and undeniable love for her and a longing to be with her, though he knew not to where. This is how he decided to find a ship that would be willing to take him to find her. And here the adventure starts…

Devil Fruit/Weapon: Bare hands and powerful legs, He uses Xiao-lin, a very powerful form of martial arts.

Other: He still has his dog tags which are the only way that he knows his name; he also found the letters G.L. Which he has no definition for…

RP Sample: Alexander looks up a the sky, deep in thought, *who was I?* he wonders placing his Dog tags around his neck, *were did I come from?* He stares at the silver peaces of metal that hung around a gold chain around his neck they shined in the setting sun's red light, *maybe I came from across the sea…* he stands up, Sand falling like rain from the folds in his Army green pants. As the last rays of sun slowly grew darker and darker, he recalled one of the few memories that he had… He remembered a Sunset just like this red as blood, accept instead of being over the sea, it was over the tree line of a jungle, he shakes his head. He knew that memory and preferred not to venture further, the last time he did, he ended up in the fetal position for three hours.

The sound of a pair of seagulls fighting over something catches his attention; he turns to them and sees that they were stuck together at the neck by a Plastic net. He smiles and walks over to them, naturally they stop struggling white feathers dropping everywhere, he pulls a knife out and cuts them free. They separate quickly and take to the sky, squawking there gratitude. Alex runs his fingers threw his hair, "Time that I find a ship I guess…" he says to himself. Shoving the plastic net into his pocket he walks toward the darkening docks. He longed for the girl, the girl that he could not remember the name of. He stops right in front of the wooden boardwalk, "This is it…" he says to himself taking his first step of his new life… just another dreamer…

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
  • Status: Jak - Black Dragon Pirates, Kaede - Black Dragon Pirates, Chiba - Civilian, Takato - Black Dragon Pirates

Village/Town: Cocoyashi Village

Time: Around 12:00 am

Weather: Sunny, light breeze.

IC

I have no idea how I landed up with a pirate crew that included Jak. He could get lost in his own house, and stand in the same spot for hours, waiting for someone to come up to him, and help him get un-lost. Truthfully, I didn't know how he even found his sledgehammer in battle. He was lucky that he had Kaede as a friend, otherwise he would forget where he left his...let's just say he wouldn't be much of a man. But he was a good Shipwright, and The Black Dragon II would not be what it was if Jak was not there. For that, I owed him a lot, and kept him in my crew. He was invaluable, especially since we were pirates. We were always getting into fights, be it with the Navy, or with another pirate ship. Jak was a good fighter as well, and his disregard for authority helped us out in plenty of fights. But it also slowed us down as we sailed.

I took a swig of rum.

This Cocoyashi village was devoid of anything. No rich aristocrats, no whore houses, and worst of all, no pubs. I had to take a bottle of rum off the ship when we reached here. It was one of my special stock that I kept so that I wouldn't run out if the need was dire. And trust me, a village without a pub comes under dire. I closed my eyes in ecstasy as the rum flowed down my throat. Hacking on the side of the road, I continued down the dusty pathway, wandering around the village and looking for a place to do something.

You're probably wondering why a pirate like me would come here out of all places. Well, there were several reasons. One of the main reasons was I needed more men on my ship. All I had was a Captain (me) a Shipwright (Jak) and a Doctor (Kaede). We needed someone to navigate so that we could go after the legendary One Piece. We needed (and this was a real needed) someone to cook. We were surviving off sea biscuits, salted beef and rum. I didn't mind the rum, but the rest was really getting on my nereves. And finally, we needed a First Mate. Someone with brains, and a real pirate spirit, to help me command. Anyone else that came along could help to keep the ship clean.

As I turned a corner into a gully, I noticed something at the corner of my sight. Something that just wasn't right. I turned, but the entrance to the gully was empty. Yet I had that tingling sensation of being watched. My hand strayed to my belt, and I loosened my sword. Immediately,the sensation came from behind me. In a fluid movement, I pulled out my sword, and swung behind me. Only to scare the living daylights out of a Tabby Cat.

"Sorry, mate..."

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • Status: Jak - Black Dragon Pirates, Kaede - Black Dragon Pirates, Chiba - Civilian, Takato - Black Dragon Pirates, Ichigo - Civilian

Village/Town: Cocoyashi Village

Time: Around 12:30 pm

Weather: Sunny, light breeze.

IC
    "Wow, isn't this place pretty!?"

These were the first words that came from Ichigo, who had just arrived at the village. Her bateau was broken once again and she had to retreat to the nearest town. Ichigo took the time to admire the cerulean ocean, just glistening over the top of the town. To tell, the truth, Ichigo had no idea what the name of the location once. From passer-bys, she could tell the words "Coco," and "Village," but the voices were soon drowned out by the crowd, to her it sounded like "Cocoa Village."

Then she suddenly had a craving for hot chocolate.

Ichigo hadn't eaten and days, and was surviving from biscuits, and small doses of rum. She took a breath out of her breath, and breathed a sigh of relief, it made her calm as she breathed out once again. There were many dwellers in the market, by the way I mean many, it is not like the crowds in cities, but the small ones that seem big to ones that haven't seen cities big. There was the population of travelers, pirates, and just the village dwellers.

Ichigo had been told to not fear pirates, as told by Shigeko, "Your worst fear is yourself," if it was Shigeko, then she could of easily gotten that quote from a dictionary, or one of those fancy people Ichigo didn't like. Some pirates could be odd, as there was one that had tattoos up and down his whole arm, he looked clueless, just as clueless as Ichigo when some asks a super-hard math problem, but Ichigo just kept walking toward him, he somehow intrigued her and she wanted to get a closer look.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: Crappy first post, whee!

Village/Town: Cocoyashi Village, Port

Time: Uncertain

Weather: Stuffy, cramped.

IC: I stood, watching over my kitchen, sighing slightly. There was always room for improvising the stndard recipe. Still, I didn't think I wanted to bother with steaming the worst of the starch out of Digitalis root. It was hot enough in here as it was... The grilled chicken seemed to slice itself as my hands moved across the cutting board, at least the vegetables were fresh.

I turned, picking up a grater, and quickly drawing it down one block of yellow cobb cheese, until it was all shreded, and then did the same to a smaller block of provalone.Once that was finished, I checked on the dressing that was chilling, seeing how it was coming along. Nodding to myself, I moved over to The Box, where I kept my special ingredients. I pulled out a small bag of white petals. Technically, everything BUT the flower of the black locust was poisonous, and the flower was used to get honey, but I kept them in there nonetheless.

I looked over the kitchen, and then sighed again, turning to begin cleaning the tools I wouldn't need any more. It was best to wait until they were actually back to toss the salad together, that way it would keep the distict taste more clearly. Feeling somewhat downtrodden by the events of the day thus far, I moved to my box, and pulled out a single Chinaberry. Just one, I didn't have to worry about, I had almost built up an immunity, and the toxin did make it hard to be depressed...

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: Because this applies directly to what happening in the RP, I think I should clarify the Status's thing.

Status: As you probably know, this is whether your character is a pirate or a civilian or whatever.
    Village/Town: Which village we're at. You don't need to repeat this until we leave and arrive at a new town/island. You can if you want though. This doesn't tell anything about specific locations. Those are found on the first post of the OOC thread on 'Updates'.
    Time: Unfortunately, this is what's bugging me the most. Time doesn't fly quite so fast, as Jak has not been standing there for two hours. (He doesn't have that long of an attention span.) At most, it's 11:00 AM, not 12:30 PM. ^^;;
    Weather: Shiney's hit it right on the nail, this describes why kind of weather/enviroment you're in. So apparently, The Black Dragon II's kitchen is "Stuffy and Cramped".

Does that clarify things if they weren't clear before? ^^;; Because it was mostly the time thing that was getting to me, and a few others.

Last edited:

Deathspector

Years

Village/Town: Remains unchanged

Time: 11:05 am

Weather: Sunny and hot; irritable

IC:

"Calm down, mate. Relax."

I have a horrible habit of talking to myself when I get agitated. Like now, when I was surprised by a cat. Yet, there was a lesson to be learnt from this: the gut feeling is always right. Had that been an enemy, my head would have ben cleaved off because I doubted my gut feeling. Shaking my shaggy head, I took another swig of rum, and decided to head back to the ship. there was nothing to do in this curesed village. Finishing the last of the rum, I chucked it against the floor, and smiled indulgently as I heard it smash into a million tiny pieces. An advantage of being a pirate: whatever you did, it was okay.

Deciding to leave the rest of my shipmates on the island to come back to the ship when they pleased, I made my way to the bay, and onto the ship. For a crew of five, it was a magnificent ship, and made me proud to be incharge of it. The Black Dragon II. The very name sent my heart fluttering with joy at the thought of commanding my own ship, and sadness at the remembrance of my old master and mentor. The sword, Terra Textrix, meaning earth weaver in latin was named by him when he gifted it to me. It was named that because he had found out that I had illegally eaten a Devil Fruit. He hadn't been angry. On the contrary, rather, he had seemed rather proud of me for being brave enough to give up my ability to swim, and was stuck on firm ground for my entire life.

I walked up the gangplank and onto the deck of the ship. I smelt the familiar scent of Domovoi's cokking emerging form the "kitchen", and smiled. I was going to have a good dinner...

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Name: Jarvis Deck

Dream: To reunite with his father.

Pirate Crew: N/A

Position: No idea. Just Sailor? Jarvis doesn't have any specialties apart from fighting.

Personality: If you bought a mansion for Jarvis, he would be confined into that one little room in the corner. He is usually very quiet and keeps a lot of things to himself. Because of this, he often saw himself being pushed around as a child. Despite a rather rough childhood, Jarvis has learned to endure it and has a never give up attitude towards a lot of things. Jarvis only speaks when necessary and most of the time that necessary is a swear word or two to emphasize something. When in really serious battles, and I mean SERIOUS, Jarvis will step out to be a whole new Jarvis. He becomes a very cocky and arrogant person, starts swearing even more than he already does and takes a lot of pride in his power, but that power never fails to disappoint. This state of power is named 'Berserk' by his father after a young 3 year old Jarvis managed to tear up most of his ship.

Appearance: Jarvis has a muscular tall build (not body-builder type muscular) and has many tattoos over his body. His most prized one is the one on his right arm which has his family crest on it which says 'DECK' in very gothic letters. He has one great treasure which is simply a white band. In fights he wears it as a headband which keeps his messy black hair out of his grey eyes. When not in a fight, he is wrapped around the previously mentioned tattoo. He wears a loose white canvas shirt that he made from the sail of his father's old ship. This shirt has been ripped and torn and patches of fabric and stitches can be seen all over the shirt. He also sports a pair of knee length khaki pants. These pants are usually half wet from the feet up because Jarvis is usually in the sea fishing for fish. He wears black sandals and has a rough leather belt around it which he uses to keep his axe.

History: Jarvis was born in Alabasta with a special condition. That condition is what triggers him to be the berserk Jarvis. He was moved out of the Grand Line at a young age away from the dangers there. At the age of 2, his father bought him to the East Blue which is far less violent, but Jarvis was bossed around by his father's crewmates. This wasn't exactly good but it wasn't all that bad either. Jarvis first achieved this 'berserk' mode when he was 3 years old and fed up from cleaning the decks. He broke most of the ship when in this mode. From all the tasks he had to do, Jarvis developed a strong build for his age. There in the East Blue, he lived in Fuschia Village, home of famous pirates Monkey D. Luffy and Portgas D. Ace. Jarvis hopes to reunite with his father who is currently in the Grand Line. He has a simple knowledge of things around the ship from his experience of doing errands for his father's crew as a little boy but has no real special skill except for his above-average strength which makes the Axe his chosen weapon to cause real damage. When in 'Berserk', Jarvis turns extremely strong but loses all consciousness of himself. (Later on he'll learn how to control it.) Right now, Jarvis helps his mother to catch fish and sell them for a living.

Devil Fruit/Weapon: White Band Axe (A double sided axe made of steel with a white bandage wrapped around as a handle. This axe has a spear tip which Jarvis uses for spear-fishing.)

Other: Jarvis has a habit of drawing a tattoo after something significant and has numerous tattoos over his arms (not yet though.) Later on, he will draw a tattoo after each big 'boss' is defeated.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: Oh my gosh, I'm sooo sorry for the absolute HALT in this roleplay, but I've been extremely busy, as this is finals and concert week, but when next week ends, I'll be back and I'll post, I swear! >.<

O: Add three and a half lines to your appearance, personality, history, and read the rules again.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    O o; You're personality isn't even three and a half lines, so you didn't add the amount I'd asked for. Once you add three and a half MORE lines to all of the topics I'd specified, then I'll accept you. Till then, tell me when you update in the OOC thread, and I'll tell you what you need there too, so we don't clutter this place.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • Ooc: Oooh a Christmas post, how special.

Time: 11:15 am

Weather: Sunny and hot; Weary

Ic:
    Wait a minute, let me stop and think about this. Im about to walk up to a complete stranger who can get angry at a moments notice for no apparant reason. Although I dont like being sterotypical, being it on this situation was indeed helping, the mans intimidating maybe someone else can help hi- eh?
    "You call this rum!? This lousy excuse for a drink is very disrespectful!" Shouted a man from beyond doors of a nearby pub.
    What the hell is going on I wonder, lets have a look.Chiba making his way over too the pub in order to investigate the cause of the noise peers inside too take a closer look at the people causing the disturbance.
    "I-Im sorry sir, please ask me what you want and we will serve you how we can.." A waitress, one that looked no older then fifteen, was pleading to the man and his friends to calm down to be able to settle the matter without troubles.
    "Eh!? Dont think that I should be taken lightly! We are the infamous bandits, The Leechline Bandits!" The one who appeared to be the leader of the group shouted happily and foolhardly.
    Uh..What the hell kind of name is that?
    "..." Silence was spread throughout the entire pub and even outside, all eyes were upon the group.
    "E-Excuse me, but WHO are you again? I-I have never heard of such bandits" A little courages boy was speaking out at them, very curious about who they were, he stared intently.
    "Boy, such disrespect you have bestowed upon us!" One of the man in the back yelled out aburtly.Damn what is that kid thinking getting involved with them, there should be about fifteen of them or so, maybe i should leave before thinks start getting a little too hetic.
    "Ah!What are you doing to me!?" Seems like the remark the boy made has upset the bandits a great deal."Al-All I did was ask you a question whats the big deal getting all mad!"
    "We dont need a reason to be angry boy! Seeing as no one here apprently knows us, let it be known that we, The Leechline Bandits, will make a mark here that for whoever is to cross us will suffer a most horrable and painful death, prepare yourself boy"
    Damn it, I knew I shouldnt have stuck around this could get nasty for the boy and it seems that they all mean business unsheating there weapons is defenitly a sure sign. But..maybe im wrong, let me see how this will unfold.
    "Ple-please no, im sorry really!" pleaded the little boy with all his might."Too late! Everyone watch, the next sign of disrespect shall be like this!"
    As Chiba, along with the rest of the pub and even some onlookers from the street, watched at the horrific event being taken place, the bandit bestowed his dagger upon the boys ear, cleanly cutting it off, blooding spilling, which seemed more like pouring, was coming out of the wound, the boy, who could do nothing, was being held in place with tears pouring from his eyes as everyone still just watched and did nothing, until just then a cup flew into the captors face."Ugh! Who the hell did that!?"
    "Ah man, guess I was too late seems like im not that great a hero huh?" Chiba emerged from the doorway and stepped in front of the bandits, shaking slightly, but still having some courage to talk.
    "Boy, you are going to get a whole lot worse then what this boy has recieved" The leader shouted threatingly.
    "Haha, I guess that was rather rude of me to do that, but from the look of things, you are no better, starting trouble with rather minor things and your group of thugs to support you, thats pretty low eh?" Still having eye contact with the leader
    "Remember the name of Luchile boy, for it is the last name you will hear" As that being the last thing said, everyone readied there weapons ready to gang up on Chiba Hmm..maybe this wasnt a good idea, ha for some reason my luck has been going down quiet alot lately.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Time: 11:10-11:30 am

Weather: Sunny

Jak glanced over at the commotion, first thought that sprang up was, "A fight! Yes!" Loping over to the pub on his two legs as fast as he possibly could, he frowned when he noticed that the big dirty oafs had ganged up on a little boy who'd had his ear cut off. Well, he'd find Kaede later, and she'd deal with him. He's pay her for it later or something. Just when Jak was about to stop thinking and step in, someone else stepped in first. Jak grinned and walked up next to the stranger, saying, "Rude nothin'!" Jak pulled his sledgehammer up in the air and rested in on his shoulder, "I would help you, but you got yourself into this and you gotta finish it. I'll take care of the boy and if you die, then I'll take care of the trash." Jak waved his free hand side to side speaking as if the bandits weren't even there, glaring him down for calling them trash. The boy however, didn't look all too thrilled to be 'taken care of' by a pirate, knowing that could mean a variety of things.

Jak barely noticed this however, he simply walked up to the biggest bandit, the boy's ear at his feet, and squatted down to pick it up, though still bearing his grin, knowing that he'd have to hurry up and find Kaede so he could see this guy fight. Maybe he was a pirate- er, scratch that. He sure didn't look like one. At least, not quite as obviously as Jak himself. But the minute he bent down to pick it up the bandit smashed his heel into the back of Jak's head, smirking and drawling, "Begging already?" Jak paused, his hand halfway to the ear, when he looked up with a sadistic grin on his face, "You don't pick fights with people carrying sledgehammers." Grabbing the bandit's ankle Jak pried it off his hair, and stood up, swinging his hammer with his other arm and making sure the bandit went nowhere by holding onto his ankle.

"Whoo, didn't mean to hit ya' in the head there." Jak let go of the unconcious bandit's ankle as the large man fell to the floor, "But you made my hair all gross. Gotta wonder where you people walk you know?" Jak bent over again and picked up the ear, "Well, it was nice knowin' ya'. You find me and the boy in the port person," Jak called over his shoulder to the stranger, "If you care about whether this kid get's his ear back on or not!" Stalking through the crowd, numerous people tried to stop Jak- a full-fledged pirate, from taking the kid. But Jak simply ignored them, saying that he was simply taking the boy to a doctor.... forcefully, considering the boy was over his shoulder, pounding with arms and legs at Jak's tall torso.

"What about a doctor?" Kaede's cold icy voice came from the back of the crowd.

Jak sweatdropped and said, "Hey! Didn't know you were watching!"

"Uh-huh, watching you make a scene and make all the townspeople know who you are." Kaeded snapped, "I demand payment you know."

Jak bit his lip. The maximum amount of money he had was maybe 200 beli. "I'll give you an I.O.U., for 1,000 beli?" It was Kaede's turn to sweatdrop.

"....You're kidding me right?"

"The kid's ear got cut off, what kind of doctor in this stupid town could put it back on?!" Jak tried to explain, "Besides-"

"Get him on the ship." Kaede sighed, "And make that 1,900 beli's." She stalked off towards the port, leaving Jak to wallow in his despair. 1,900. That was easily worth at least 100 bottles of rum. And so Jak sulked all the way to the port, the kid feeling embarrassed enough that he was taking away a pirate's greatest love to stop punching and kicking. It didn't take long for Jak to get to the pirate ship- though with sails rolled up, nobody would really be able to tell it was a pirate ship. "Okay kid, we're here!" Jak chimed cheerfully, having completely forgot about the bill within 2 minutes of fake dramatic weeping. Jak pushed the kid onto the ship and Kaede, already there and already with supplies in tow, held out her hand expectantly.

Jak blinked, but Kaede snapped irritated, "Well?! Give me the ear! I can't sew anything on if I don't have anything to sew on!!" Jak jumped and gave her the ear.

"Kay kid, sit down or your gonna faint." Kaede said, pointing at the benches lining the deck, as her hand became covered in bubbles. Swiping at where his ear had once been, the dirt that had accumulated from the ride on Jak's shoulder from the pub to here was gone, and Kaede did the same to the other ear. Jak, on the other hand, decided not to watch for fear of throwing up his breakfast.

"Domovi, make some soup!" Kaede barked into the kitchen, "Whatever kind of soup as long as you don't add any crap that'll make this kid sicker then he already is!"

"I'm not sic-" The boy managed to eek out as Kaede expertly sewed his ear back on.

"Oh yes you are." Kaede snapped, "For your own good, you're sick. Very, very sick."

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry I abandoned this for a while. Real life just slapped me in the face. then kicked me while I was down.

Time: 11:30-11:31 am

Weather: Slightly less stuffy

I smiled slightly, hearing her call down to the kitchen. Picking up strays again? Ah well, it didn't matter. "Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup, no extras. Two minutes!" I called back in a surprisingly cheerful voice as I moved, moving to fill a pot of water over the range top. I sprinkled a small dash of salt in it to speed up the boiling. I quickly went over to a secluded section of the kitchen, where shelves were lined with cylindrical containers, containing different varieties of pasta.

"She did say kid, right..." I muttered to myself, looking over the apparently identical cylinders. "Bowtie, I think." I said, grabbing one of the many cylinders that happened to be filled with, you guessed it... Bow-Tie Pasta. As soon as I brought it back, I immediately put it into the dimly bubbling water, and after chopping a few of the extra pieces of chicken form the salad. They went in too. "One Minute." I called, pulling some carrots and celery back out to the cutting board, and began to thinly slice them with the knife. I could have put a lot in it that would have perked the kid right up, but I didn't want to take any chances upsetting Kaede. If there was anyone on this ship that I was afraid of, it was definitely her.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • ..Aw what the hell? Chiba watched as the tattooed man from earlier made his way out of the pub with the kid and his ear, although the man appeared to be dangerous, Chiba was sure he was at least on his side but was still a little iffy on the child situation.Man, this day just cant get any worse huh?Now I have to deal with all of them, well theres one way i can make this go rather quickly. "Oi boy!Who was that guy just now, is he a friend of yours?! Forget what I said earlier about getting it worse then the boy, you are going to get the worst a person have ever gotten!" With that being said the bandit lunged forward, with a quick swift movement of his hands, Chiba knocked him down and, what has to be the strangest site to see, a very sharp blade was emerging from Chiba's palm and aimed directly at the mans eye.
    "Whoa lad, dont do anything to irrational here eh? We were just playing with you and the boy, no hard feelings!" The man said with very displeasing tone in his voice.
    "...You cut his ear off, you need to make up for it, I want your eye!" Another swift movement and the only thing being heard was a scream, then silence.
    Chiba rose up, blood dripping from his hand Dammit I didnt mean to do this. Chiba looked down at the mess he caused, the entire back side of the mans head was missing, nothing but blood with bits of what appeared to be his skull remains upon the floor, it seems like Chiba went a little over board and instead of taking the mans eye, his life was taken instead.

"Monster!" Shouted a woman
    "Ah!What the hell are you!" A man cowering behind one of the tables yelled
    "I-Its the devil fruit!" One of the bandits screamed.

Chiba turned to look at the bandit and noticed it was Luchile screaming the comment.Chiba glared and another blade was emerging from his hand, Luchile noticed this quickly, rushing away with his hoard of thugs trailing not far behind.Well..seems like I have made quite a perdicerment for myself, what to do...AH the boy!Where did he say he was taking him again?The port I think it was.. Chiba hurried out of the pub, being stalked by the eyes of the people who witnessed what he has done, Chiba glanced back for a second, in a instant everyone jumped, he turned away feeling a little ashamed for what he done.

There it is!. Chiba came to a stop where the stock of boats and ships were docked, he looked around and was wondering what boat they were on, worry was beginning to set in,for Chiba didnt know if he could trust the mans words or not, the man could of easily been a part of there gang, this could even be a trap!Blade unsheating in both palms, Chiba continued to look around ready for anything that might pop-up or catch him by suprise.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: I think you can just board the ship if you want. The gangplank is probably down. Unless of course, you'll want to avoid Kaede's bad temper. o o; Sorry for a crap post that's really like, all over the place, I'm having trouble thinking right now. *dizzy*

IC: "Hm? Hey it's Mr. Hero." Jak said, leaning on the railing of the ship, "I like him, he's got guts. We should ask him to join our crew!" He glanced at Kaede who was tying a knot to finish her job. It took awhile for Kaede to say anything, as there was a long piece of tan string in her teeth, but when she cut the string and pulled it out of her mouth she scoffed and stalked over to the door leading to the kitchen, a hand on the doorknob as she said sarcastically, "Oh yeah that'll sound great. 'Hey mister you want to join a pirate crew? We won't hurt you, we just want you to help us kill a bunch of people for loot!'"

Jak frowned, "What's wrong with that?"

Kaede slapped her forehead and muttered, "Nevermind." before walking into the kitchen to supervise what Domovi was doing. Jak shrugged and spun himself around, sitting on the edge of the ship and saluting at the strange guy, "Yo!" The child, tears still leaking out of his eyes because of how scary Kaede was, (Jak didn't blame him, when the girl was waving around a needle,) leaned over the edge as well and smiled, waving too.

"You idiot!!" Kaede's shrill voice came as she grabbed Jak's hair and slammed him into the floor of the deck, "Don't wave at him! That's like telling the whole port this ship belongs to pirates, no thanks to your stupid tribute tattoos!!" She snapped as she glanced at the stranger Jak had been waving at. Kaede stared at the two blades elongating from his palms and huffed, "Besides, nobody on this ship can swim- and if you've been paying any kind of attention, that guy obviously can't either. We don't need more people who sink like anvils in the water."

"Isn't that Takato's decision?" Jak pointed out, and Kaede shoved her heel into his face saying with a comic death-like aura, "I may not be the captain, but I don't see you telling me 'no' when I tell you to go get the soup Domovi's should be done with by now." Jak mumbled a "Yes ma'am." before scurry into the kitchen, where it was safe from Kaede. (For the time being.) The only truly safe place on the ship was the lowest part of the ship, and the crows nest, the highest part of the ship, where Kaede never treaded.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • "Alrig-what the.." Chiba looked at the tattooed man waving at him.Awkward...and seriously creepy looking.The tattooed man had the kid at his side, when suddenly his face was slammed below by a mighty fierce woman Eh..what a strange pair. Eye contact was made with her and he could feel her eyes looking at his hands, as she turned away to continue conversation with the man, he withdrew them at once, not wanting to appear as a threat."Uh, why did I come here?" Chiba turned around and continued along the path of the port. Oh thats right! The kid!. Chiba turned around embarrassed at his stupidity and hurridly made his way to the ship, quickly hastening over the plank he approached the child who seems to have gotten his ear back but still appeared a bit strange. Is this really how a ear should look?..yea I must be losing it hehe. "Are you alright kid?" Chiba looked at the boy pulling him by his hand off the ship. "Y-Yea, the scary lady helped my ear and is getting me something to eat"
    Chiba stopped, turned around, and knelt down, Chiba was in deep thought now, he began to ask the boy questions.
    "Listen to me closley, did the lady and the tattoo man say anything 'strange'?" Chiba was looking into the boys eyes very hard now.
    "Strange?Well they were saying something about a 'crew' but I really didnt hear the rest, I couldnt hear over the sound of my crying" The boy admitted blushing.
    "Ah..I see..." It all is coming together for Chiba now, the tattooed man with the Straw Hat symbol on him, the doctor lady who supposdly fixed him up, everything was beginning to make sense "listen to me kid, the two people that helped you out, dont you get it? Dont you know who they are?...Im sorry to break it too you, I know you must be thankful to them but they are....Fraduers, yes yes i know its hard to embrace but you have to deal with it"
    "Fraduers?" The boy asked wide eyed and confused
    "Yes m'boy, soon they'll want to come to your house and tell your parents 'Oh we fixed your kid up good as new, dont you think we deserve a reward?' thats how it always ends, never thinking of others but themselves first, oh what a tragic world we live in!" Chiba shouted to the clouds above.
    "Mr...What the hell are you talking about?" The boy said quite rudley while backing away from Chiba.
    "Maybe you should run along to your parents, they must be worried about you." Chiba told the boy, while walking up the plank.
    'Naw, its okay, im perfectly fine, besides I want to thank them, I mean, YOU didnt do anything to help now didja?" Snicked the boy while eyeing Chiba.Oh what the hell, so I risked my life for such a kid? Should of let him be, ungrateful little...
    Chiba walked about the deck of the ship, checking it out while the little boy scampered off somewhere.

Deathspector

Years

IC:

The captain's cabin.

When Takato had been on the original Black Dragon, the captains cabin had been a place of mystery and secrecy; where the navigator, first mate and captain met to discuss the most reccent lootings, or where to go next. Sometimes others were called in. The gunners were often summoned, as whatever sea-route that they took, they were bound to run into trouble; be it the navy or another pirate crew. Takato had never been inside it. But now, being the captain of his own ship with his own crew, it really wasn't anything special. True, there was a littl cupboard where he held his pistols and several bottles of rum. When he was on board his ship, he didn't need his weapons, and would often remove his sword from his belt, and place it near the cupboard. He had a desk, and on the desk, a piece of parchment, a quill, an ink bottle, and his log book. Not that anything had been written in the log book. He lived a pretty boring life.

"WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"What in Davy Jones's name was that?" said Takato out aloud to himself, adding a rather innappropriate oath afterwards.

It sounded like a child crying. It was either Mrs Pearson, who lived in a building near the docks, and was pretending to cry, or something much more sinister on his own ship. Reach for his sword, he pulled forth the blade, and held it so it caught the light. True, his pistols would have been much more conventional, and transforming into a wolf would have struck fear into everyone's heart – especially Jak, the scared idiot – but Takato preferred using his blade. It was something that has never let him down, poss9ibly the only thing that has never let him down, and he uses it at every chance.

He walked up out of his cabin, and saw a sight that was rather comical in a scary way. There was the infamous Kaede, even feared aboard her own ship, and possibly one of the few femal pirates who could terrorize their captain. Takato had learnt a long time ago that it was best to leave Kaede to her own devices. She was an excellent doctor, and getting into a row with her would lose Takato one of his best shipmates. Instead, he quietly paid Kaede for her services, and let her do what she wished. It was much the same with the rest. Then there was Jak. He and Kaede were inseperable in the not-so-nice way. He was an absent-minded fool, and needed her to take care of him. Not a very nice thing for a pirate, but he had a sledgehammer, and a good hand with wood. If the ship broke, jak was the man to fix it. Then there was a boy. With his ear being sewn on. Hold on. WHAT?

Takato watched as Kaede and Jak talked between themselves, and then jak left to check on Domovoi. Kaede walked somewhere else. The boy was soon joined by another man, again unknown, and the man began to tell horrific stories about the Black Dragons. Frauders indeed! Take him back to his parents? They'd be lucky if Jak hadn't caused a rucuss in the local bar. Takato decided it was time to move. All too late he saw those metal bits and pieces sticking out of this man. Another one. There were just too many these days. There used to be a time when seeing someone who had eaten a Devil Fruit was like seeing a God. Now they were as common as rodent. Well, not that much, but...

"OI! Who're you, and what're you doin' on my ship, eh? I understand dooty is dooty, mate, but Kaede already patched up the little bugger. What d'you need to come nosin' around for?"

OOC: Meh...a bit odd, I agree. I hope at least one of you picked up the Davy Jones mentioning, and other the little Treasure Island talk. It makes it more pirate like...XD

DS

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: xDDD I picked it up, but it's not very One Piece-ish. It doesn't matter though.

PMing everyone who needs to post before we leave Cocoyashi.

IC: Kaede, sitting on the benches with suds all over her hands, (Hey, the kid's blood was starting to cake.) with her legs crossed, one of the other as she examined the sad scene before her. Takato had finally realized he had an intruder on his ship, and was wasting no time asking the guy what the heck he was doing. Kaede stood up and sighed waving a soapy hand at the stranger, a plethora of suds shooting out from the already existing bubbles on her hands, and wrapping themselves around the stranger, "He's eaten a devil fruit Takato." (That's right, no Captain in front of that.) I'm not sure which one, but obviously, now he can't show us. Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing though, but whatever."

The suds fell to the deck and left the stranger sparkling clean- without his powers for the time being, incase he decided to be a filthy little ingrate who would try to do something funny. Kaede returned to her medicine box and looked around the items inside.

"Tch. Thanks to the kid I need some new needles and thread. I'll probably need some more bandages too." Kaede snapped the silver metal briefcase shut, and turned to Takato, "I'm going back to town, I'll be back after lunch or something."

Jak however, was sitting in the kitchen, already eating his portion of lunch, saying through a full mouth of lettuce, "This is rabbit food Domobi, don'tcha got sorm real frood? Like, food from the meat and grains category?" Jak continued to chew innocently, as if he really had no complaints about the food- so long as it was food.

"50 BELI." Kaede slammed the dollar bill down in front of the vendor with a menacing glare on her face. But the shopkeeper seemed just as stubborn and snapped, "80 Beli!! That's my final price!" Kaede scowled, adding another bill and snatching the sewing kit away from the arrogant old woman, "Scammer." Kaede barked back at the lady.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years

Time: 11:15 am

Weather: Dark and damp

It wasn't any surprise that I was sound asleep below deck, considering I had been up all night navigating so that we arrived here according to schedule. Sometimes, this pirate thing wasn't as great as I once thought it to be. But alas, I had to continue down this path if I ever wished to avenge the death of my brother, and hopefully lift the mental scar of that day from my mind. That was the only treasure I desired, the reason I joined this pirate crew, and I was not going to give up on it.

I should have been preparing for trip to our next destination, but I decided against it before going to bed. I mean, eveyone needs a lazy day, and I'd just use my abilities along the way. I was woken abruptly, and painfully when I fell out of my cot. "Ow-ow-ow-ow!" I exclaimed as I rubbed the sore spots on both the back of my head and my butt before getting up. I made my way to the deck, where it was much brighter, and the air was much fresher. I stretched my arms as the sunlight finally struck my face, and I walked onto the dock, where I sat down. It was a wonder I hadn't noticed anyone on the way through the ship. I was tired though, after all, so maybe it wasn't so shocking.

OOC: Sorry, there isn't much I can think of right now. Writer blockage. ><

Deathspector

Years
  • OOC: Hmm. Well, I like to be relevant to the role play that I'm participating in, so I'll, from now on, talk like a normal person. I still want my Davy Jones oath, though, XD. Oh, and Davy Jones's closet is another word for the sea...yeah, I'm in love wth Davy Jones XP.

IC:

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Takato had to smile.

There was Kaede, a doctor on his ship, treating him and everyone else on the ship like she was the captain. It didn't really matter though. Takato thought that freedom amongst his crew-mates was the one thing that would prevent mutiny. Of course, others could argue that it was the one thing that caused mutiny, but it was worth a shot. However, thanks to Kaede and her remarkable skills ith soap bubbles, the stranger was now incapacitated, and unable to answer Takato's original question. And then, Kaede had to talk: –

"He's eaten a devil fruit Takato. I'm not sure which one, but obviously, now he can't show us. Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing though, but whatever."

Takato winced slightly at the condescending manner at which she spoke, but tossed it aside. Not that he had needed Kaede to state the obvious. Who else would have metal sticking out from them. He tried to do a quick scan of al the devil fruits he knew, but couldn't quite place it. It didn't matter, though. Kaede had just stormed off in search of more medical supplies. Takato searched his pocket, and tried t look for some extra change. Kaede asked for payment from her services, and obviously, seeing as she couldn't ask the boy, she had asked Jak. The poor bugger. Takato sat back, and waited for Kaede to return, or this man to becoime normal again.

In the mean time, Takato looked out across the ocean, completely ignoring the others on the deck. The ocean had always beckoned him with a long, sinuous finger. He would love nothing more than to leap off his ship, and into the water. But when he had eaten the devil fruit, he had payed the price. He no longer had the ability to swim, let alone come into contact with water. Yet he was a pirate. And one wrong move would send him flying off his ship, and into the dark and dangerous waters of Davy Jones's closet. Signing, and feeling the hilt of his sword, he slumped down on the wooden deck, and closed his eyes, waiting...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back