• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I'm not qualified to rate graphics but I want mine to get rated. ^^

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

I'm already hearing emptiness and wrong direction of light v_v xD

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
    @ Mikami: The first one is cute. =)

Thanks for the comment on it, I tried to fit that render in there somewhere cause it seemed a waste otherwise, But the only thing that looked remotely ok was doing what was done. Besides I cut out that second Zangoose before I noticed the hue of there red was WAYYY diffrent.

@ Shika-Kun: The brush of white on here hair is not needed. And seeing that ladderish brush twice was eh. Otherwise it was good.

Last edited:

Marthmaster

The Graphic Alchemist
    Years
    @ Marthmaster: They look good, wish I was atleast decent with creating such sets. Where did you get the 3D graphics you used? They are smexy.

on which tag? and thanks for the comments you guys, it's much appreciated.

Shika-Kun:

7/10. Simple and Clean. *lol just like the song* Text fits the sig, but the light source is way too big IMO. It's coming from the right direction, it's just a tad overpowering.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    @ Shika-Kun: The brush of white on here hair is not needed. And seeing that ladderish brush twice was eh. Otherwise it was good.

ladderish brush? xD
    I wanted to erase some parts of the background so i set 30 opac. brush.

Shika-Kun:

7/10. Simple and Clean. *lol just like the song* Text fits the sig, but the light source is way too big IMO. It's coming from the right direction, it's just a tad overpowering.

Thank you.
    I know because i used soft light then photo filter xD

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Cool, please rate my userbars in my sig^^

Please notice the "slideshow" effect, it was hard to do ^~^

Marthmaster

The Graphic Alchemist
    Years
    The first one directly, but they all were pretty amazing.

@ Souless: Always room for improvement, but with that new found technique once you get to a certain point in making userbars it will enhance the professionalism. ;)

oh.....pfft. that was nothing. lol.

i just used the sparks brush in GIMP, and kept using clipping masks and blurred some layers, then sharpened a few layers, and then added some colors with brushing, *one color at a time lol* at "color" blend range at around 30-40% opacity.

hope it helped. *and i hope i wasn't confusing*

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm aware of that awkward little dot of blue up on the top. Don't remind me it's there >>'

Well I made another very simple and plain banner-ish thing. I'm not quite sure what it is because I usually add a border to my banners... but I didn't ._.
    That and it's pretty much ginornous-ish

So this is pretty much whatever you want it to be~

Graphic Rating Thread

The big blue Japanese letters say "Seeking Light" and the smaller purple ones I'm not too sure about. They just kinda came with the brush pack thing.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Latest working, for Drummershuff.

I wasn't sure about the render... they cut too close in some places, cut too far in some, so I had to make do. Dx

Well either way, yeah, please rate. x3

Graphic Rating Thread

Also, it'd be nice to hear a little something-something about my current Ishida banner, if nobody minds adding that tidbit. ^^

Chikara; Ohhh, getting better! 8O I think our color resolution might be different, but I think the render is a tad too light, and I can't see it at all. xD; Same with the text. </3

Marthmaster: Wow. :O Your banners are omg-amazing! <3 I love that style. Since the only one I can see right now is your current banner, I'll rate that one;

Lighting is great, background is great, brushing is great, render is great, the blend and matching is great, the text is... okay. And the border isn't all that great, but it's not terrible. *yeah I know, bland rating. Dx* |9||10|

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Chikara ::

Hmm... It's actually not too bad ^^ Very simple, yes, but I think simplicity looks best with that image you used. The colours are good as well, although as mizuki said, it's just a tad too light. But other than that, it's good :3

мizuκi ::

Erm, yeah, the rendering looks... Weird o.o

But other than that, the banner looks good. The background in the side with Saber on it looks a bit too messy, maybe you can blur it out to add depth, and to put more focus on the render. Although I love the right side of the banner. Text positioning is very nice, and the tiny stuff underneath, and the script text looks cool.

Eheh, and I think it could do without the outer glow on the render... (or did you put that there to hide the bad rendering?)

Anywhoo... Colours match (but maybe add a biiiit of yellow to the background?), and, well, that's pretty much it. 8.5/10

As for your Ishida banner, I luuuuurve the colours <3 And, er... I dunno o.o

-shot'd-

Lawls. But really, I don't know what else to say. Hmm... Oh, yeah. The background looks simple, and I think it's better off that way. And it matches with the render, and stuff. Although the white to the left side and the light blue about his arm looks a bit too bright, or that's just me.

And then there's the text. Oh gawd, the text is BEYOND AWESOME. I <33333 the text. I love the actual content of the text. The positioning. The fonts. Colours. Absolutely everything. I want you're text positioning skills, luls. 9/10

---

Two new banners from moi -

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Please rate/comment on/whatever o_____o

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Shiranuiiiii;

Ishida Banner; Guwahhh, I'm glad you like the text too! x3 totally didn't rip it off of some other graphic artist Thank you! ^^

Sabarr; Yesh. The render was crazy wonked. It probably looks weird because I tried to fix it... *facedesk* Like with the ribbons. (Woah they were UGLY.) So I had to blur it, and then that turned out bad, but I was like, "Eh. Whatever." But the reason I added the outerglow was so that the sword would stick out a little more. I sorta regret putting the outer glow there. *ah, too bad I didn't save a .psd*

Noo bannarz;

OMG trade you for your awesome color scheme-choosing skills. Dx

That Gazille banner is teh smex. I love the lined paper effect. Makes it look like a doodle. That would be an amazing doodle. O_O Anyway, I like the gray brush or... whatever used to make the paper look crinkled, but I don't really like the text 'iron dragon'. I think a more scritchy font could've been used, or something, but the numbers/date are great. |8.5||10| The whole B&W is cool, but there's no color to focus on. Dx;

Roxaaaasss... :x Amazing. I never would've thought of it, but the purple is amazing with Roxas. The depth is good, and the incorporation of the render with the background is excellent. The border goes really well, and the only thing I don't really like is how pixelly the render is. xD; The text is cool too, and I like how you can't see the R but you know what the word is anyway. *tried to get that effect on the Ishida banner, but uh, it definitely didn't work.*

And I know you didn't ask, but your Loki set pwns the universe.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    It's alright to take ideas from other artists (I guess) that's what I do all the time. I'm kidding... not >.>

Oh right, cause I usually use either stroke or outer glow when I want to hide bad rendering (note: Mushishi banner xD) So that's why the ribbons are all blurry like that. I didn't notice that earlier... xD

Luls, I used a tutorial for both of my banners >.>

When I first saw someone with a similar doodle-type banner with Ichigo in it, I was like, "OMGWTF, THAT GUY DREW THAT? D:" Then I found the link to the tutorial. Eheh. The paper stock image I used was already crinkled, but I guess it just didn't show up in the end. Oh well.

The Roxas one was originally blue... Then I added a gradient map, then I just fell in love with the colours~ Yeah. I literally just sat there, staring at the screen. Aaaaaaah, the pixely render. Yes, it sucks D: For some reason, it turned pixely when I rotated it just a tiny bit. I might try fixing that later, though. I like the text too, even though I just totally ripped the idea from the many banners I have seen that do a similar thing.

Oh, yes, the Loki banner. I just couldn't resist colouring that panel with him. I was going to ask for comments on that too, but I dunno... I forgot?

-shot'd-

Oh yeah, I forgot. Comments on these two please (the first one isn't quite done, but, meh)~:
    Loki manga colour (just ignore the border)
    Mushishi vector

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh wow a vector! should've been in bed hours ago but ends up posting here anyway

musashi; I like it muchly! It's really good, but the line thickness is the same throughout. It's a good idea to make it vary on the light source; according to this inking tutorial anyway. Is this your first vector?

Lokiiiiiii; Hmm... His skin looks kind of strange, because I'm thinking that at the position he's in, there should be some kind of light or shadow on his cheek bone. But it's not finished so yeah. Did you use a tablet to color/shade this? Because if not then... It's official by word of the Great God of PC. You are amazing. And you're still amazing even if you did do it with a tablet. The way you shaded his jacket is so accurate and blends real nicely.

And then there's his hair too! <3 The way you used the colors is great! x3 It's minor, but I'm pretty sure that Loki's sunglasses/things are a brighter blue, but that's hardly important.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    First vector, no tutorials~

-is proud of that-

Ahaha. And it's Mushishi, not Musashi :x

Aah, I feel like looking for vector-making tutorials now.

And sadly, I don't have a tablet. I just used the lasso tool to select the area I want shaded, then I paint bucket-ed in the colour. It's a different shading style from what I usually do, so it took me forever. But I just looked around artsy places and anime images for ideas on shading. Gah, I'm going to die before I finish that Loki colouring o.o

Oh, and thank you for the comments~

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    Nice vectoring.... Nice and clean! ^^
    I can never be bothered to do something like that, yet when i see other people do it, it makes me want to D:
    Anyhoo...
    seeming as not many people know me... i'll go and post a few things i made before i joined up.
    "Star Nebula" (A space scene)
    "Zoro Combined Effort" (a tag me and a friend did together.) I got a tutorial we made for this one... if you want it ask me via PM and i will give it you via PM :P (i may choose not to give it to you)
    "Espeon's Burst" (A sprite sig i made.)
    "Kirby Vector Wallpaper" (My best wallpaper yet)
    "BreD's Orb" (The avatar i planned to use over here, but the file is to large >_< )

Rate / Comment / Advise me please! :D

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mushishi... *facedesk* I hate spelling things wrong when they're like, in the post above mine. Dx Laziness to scroll up strikes again.

I just spent an hour and a half working on a banner, following a tutorial that Adrenaline made, and I was wondering what you guys think. I have one with more glowy-orb things, and another with less, but I don't know. Dx

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

It's certainly no where near as good as Adrenaline's, but what do you guys think? Rate/Comment/Critique, please! ^^

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Mushishi... *facedesk* I hate spelling things wrong when they're like, in the post above mine. Dx Laziness to scroll up strikes again.

I just spent an hour and a half working on a banner, following a tutorial that Adrenaline made, and I was wondering what you guys think. I have one with more glowy-orb things, and another with less, but I don't know. Dx

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

It's certainly no where near as good as Adrenaline's, but what do you guys think? Rate/Comment/Critique, please! ^^

i like em, ther pretty kewl

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    Awsome... 9/10 (it would of been better in a smaller size, but that's just my oppinion.)
    Do you use brushes in your sigs?
    I preffer the one with less Orbs, and the effect on his right arm is beautifuly done.

It would have been nice if you had bothered to comment on my stuff >_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back