• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    er, well I'm sorry. <_<

BreD; Yes I use brushes in my sigs. Lot's and lot's of brushes. xD; And yeah, I was thinking of re-sizing it, but I didn't want to kill the details. I might re-size it later and see how it looks, because it's size is bothering me as well. Thanks for the comments and the rating~

As for your work...

Star Nebula; Did you do this from scratch? It's really cool, I like the color effects on the planets and the rings on the lower left hand planet are detailed and just look awesome.

Zoro; Is teh smex. xD I'm not really a fan of the size of Zoro compared to the background, perhaps if you'd not sized him down quite so much. The text and the background are nicely done though, I like that style. ^^

Espeon; Gahhh, blurring of sprites. *pet peeve* Or whatever happened to the edges of that poor sprite. Anyway, you did a great job, considering sprites are annoying to incorporate into sigs, let alone have the banner focus right on them. The focus is good, but the size is a bit large for such a small render. The text is well placed, and the mosaic fits really well.

And that's all I can say for now, because Dinner calls.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    Thanks, and yes i did make it from scratch.. although i did use a photograph i took for the texture of the planet(s)...
    Ok i gotta go now... because my bed calls ^_- (english time zone ftw)
    Working on a new sprite sig now... i'll post my outcome tommorow sometime. (if i get round to it)

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I got another set.
    Why do I think I'm not improving but getting worse? D:

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    It's nice! ^^
    I preffer the ava for some reason...
    But i like what you did. Possibly try blending the render (guy) in abit to make it look like you didn't just make a BG and then add a render.

OK how about my new ava and sig? rate/comment/tips? ^^
    EDIT: I went for the whole underwater thing for my sig
    But the ava is seperate. Same sprite tho.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    Nice, now just add a boarder and it would looks so much more better ^^
    6/10.
    Ok, i got bored of my last sig quite fast...
    For those who didn't see it, it was :
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Also, how about my current theme? made with a tutorial me and a friend made. If you want it, ask me in a PM.
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Ok...
    Comments, Rates and Advice please ^^

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Mizuki: On a random note, I really love looking at your banners. So pretty! <3

BreD:

I like the colour scheme on your first set, but it's awfully bright. If it was toned down, it'd be much easier on the eyes. They also don't seem to match as well as they could have. On the banner, I'd make the guy more off-center and re-arrange the text. If you want your signature on there, that's fine, but I don't think it should compete with the image itself. Maybe make the "Super Kick" bigger and use a different font? The avatar is really hard to see what it's off -- less textures and a more prominent image would make it a lot easier. I'd also recommend making it square.

On your second/current set, it's still somewhat bright in areas, but here it contrasts even more with the darker colours. The colours are good, but maybe a little less of an intense purple. I think the crops could be a little better, but they aren't bad. Again, the signature/name is drawing a little too much attention to itself and it takes away from the work. The only other thing I can really see is the image quality -- parts such as his shirt and hand look kind of grainy. Maybe save them a different way. ("Saving for web" reduces size, but retains quality, if your program has the feature.)

Keep it up, though. It's some pretty good stuff.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Mizuki: I just have to say it; that banner is totally hawt DD: I might just end up spamming this thread if I talk about how awesome it looks, sooo... I'll try avoiding that.

And now that's off my chest (lawls), on to rating~:

BreD:
    For your first set, I think it's really hard to see what's going on in the avatar; there seems to be no clear focus (from what I can see), and everything just looks mushed up together. I don't know... I guess everything just looks messy. The outer glow on the text to make it stand out doesn't really help, and I think it would have been better off without the text. And the border just looks... Weird, I guess.

As for the banner, it's a definite improvement; I love the effects for the kick, and everything just flows nicely with the sprite. Although I think the text just looks like it's been slapped on there, for the sake of it. It's good that it doesn't stand out too much (so it doesn't take the focus off the sprite), but I think that it should, er, go with the flow, like the rest of the banner. Oh, and the colour of the border (and it's thickness) just looks way off. Other than that, I like the colours and the flow of it all~

Duuuuuuuude, awesome flow on that Sasuke one. It looks really nice. Although the light source behind him just looks awfully bright, and his hand and clothes, and the C4D (I think) to the right of him look pixely, perhaps over sharpened. Also, the text just stands out too much. I like the font you used, and the actual content of the text, but I think it's way too bright. Either bring down it's opacity, or somehow blend it in with the actual banner. The border is okay, but I think it's one pixel too thick, but that's just me. Oh, yeah, and the colours are totally awesome~ I can't really say much about the avatar, seeing as you just took it from the banner, but it looks good ^^

Mullac51:
    Okay, the main thing that's been bugging me since I saw it was the font size, and the gap between the two lines of text. I've never been a fan of large text of banners, unless it somehow manages to look amazingly awesome. And in this case... Weeeeell, let's just say you can do better ^^ But yeah, so the text is a bit big, and the gap between the lines just looks too big, so it looks like there's empty space in between, and that isn't really a good thing. The effects are okay (I haven't used Paint Shop Pro in a long time, so I forgot how it works xP), but the brush strokes (?) are covering Spiritomb's face D: Anyway, the colours are okay, and match with the image, but Spiritomb should stand out just a biiit more, since right now, it looks like it is a part of the background. Aaand, well, I guess it's a decent banner. I like the fact that it looks like there is actually mist in the background ^^

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I finally got Photoshop 7 installed, Thanks to Kurogane for that, Anyways I have been uh, practicing for one hour and like I made 3 2 batch of themes, the 1st one was HORRIBLE!

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Criticism and Comments are accepted, just make it nice..I like Started from the top :3

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
    Me likes the update on it, the blur adds the effect as if hes being focused on. However the blur on his blue coat somewhat messes with the eyes that it is not* flowing behind his head.

Made a new sig, tis was for a friend.

Graphic Rating Thread

Rate please! =]

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Yay, RyRy got PS again~

Ryouki:
    Okay, I'll try to be nice.

Ahem. Well, for starters, I would like to say that your banners are not as bad as you say they are, regardless of what you say : D

Now, I wont be as nice... For the first set, I think you could have been bigger, so you have more space to work with. The render looks awfully constricted (I saw the whole thing somewhere else~), so I think a better banner size would have been better. The colours are nice, and match with the theme, so I don't really have any problems with that. However, the text is much to big, in my opinion. And the font doesn't match the render too well. The background effects (with the brushing and the repeated image) are simple and nice, considering you just started from scratch. As for the avatar, I have nothing much to say, really, except that I think the text is too big (once again)... o.o

And about the second set... It's partially better. Again, I think a better usage of space would have been good, but the colours are nice. The repeated image on this one stands out a bit too much, though. So maybe you can lower the opacity on that. And then, there's the text... The colour and font used for the text just look strange. It looks like it's just been slapped on there, for the sake of it. Oh, and you could have made the cloak flow more with the background by using a soft brush on low opacity to erase some of the end a little bit. And I think I don't really need to say much about the avatar ^^ Oh, yeah, a border would be nice on the second theme~

BreD:
    Yay, it's not as sharpened~ I think I like the newer version better ^^ The text looks much better, and the C4Ds on the right look good as well. But now I think that his clothes behind him look a bit too blurred (lawls, sorry about that, I just tend to be pretty picky sometimes o.o). Just a bit. But otherwise, it's an improvement. Can't wait to see more of your works ^^

Bebetrunks:
    It looks... Blurry. I don't think you should save banners as JPEG, it ruins the quality. Save it in PNG~ Other than that, I think it's an okay banner. Although all the shiny/glowing orb-y/fractal C4Ds are taking all the focus away from the render itself. Even though I think that the effects are very pretty :3 They're just too overpowering. And I think that the render is too dark-ish, and Kakashi sort of just disappears into the background, which generally isn't a good thing. The font used for the text that says "Lost Memories." is too bold to match the soft effects you used, and I personally think it's too big (lawls, I really have a problem with large text) to match the banner. Oh, and the positioning looks... Awkward. The other bit of text (the one that says "Renji Toku") isn't as bad, but maybe it could be moved further to the left, and the opacity could be lowered a bit. Oh, I forgot. You can sharpen the render to make it stand out a bit more. Aaaaand the border looks strange... A one pixel banner around the outside would do fine~

(lawls, I can't be bothered to rate. But I hope those comments will do : D)

EDIT:
    Graphic Rating Thread

Gah, I couldn't help but use the same-ish colour scheme as my current banner D: It's so similar to my current banner. I guess I can call this one... Roxas banner version 1.3D -shot'd- I love smudging stuff now...

Note: border is white.

Anyway, comments and such will be appreciated. I think that it's a bit too empty to the left side. But, meh, I guess it looks cool~

Last edited:

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    (lawls, sorry about that, I just tend to be pretty picky sometimes o.o).
    Don't worry lol... i preffer it when people pick my faults it helps me improve :)

Anyhooooo...
    Nice new sig! I like your style :) Similir to your Roxas one.
    I like the sort of smokey effect you got goin' on there. The light source works well as it's not actualy that bright. (i tend to go over the top with light sources.)
    Tbh, if you plan on using it on this forum i'd change the colour of the boarder. Keep it up^^

Last edited:

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
    @ Shiranui: Haha thanks for teh rate. =] Hmm well the text I did not want it to be trasnparent or the signature would ahve looked rather bland. To tell the truth I don't often make banenrs but user signatures which is waht it is and the style I do it I learned fom a tutorial so I am pretty use to it I guess, been trying to get out of the habit and get into some more deeper works but do not know where to start. The file type i jpeg for the sole reason that png causes works I do to become pixelated, though it being blurry I cant see it XD maybe its my video card, its better then my other computers so eh. Its funny though I thought the text next to the kakashi render was the most horrible part of the signature.

As for your new one I <3 it it is better then your other one IMO. Seems to flow better, though term of renders I like the artsy one the 3d one was blended well. Blending is still something I need to learn =\

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    *FACEDESK*

Okay. So I just spent 40 minutes, typing out ratings for EVERYTHING that I hadn't rated on the last page, was finished with rating Ryouki's banners, and was just moving on to rate Shiranui's banners when I accidentally pressed the back button.

So. There's no way in heck I'm re-typing that all.

So uh... for anyone who was looking forward to a big lecture of me picking their banners apart little by little...

Sorry, but no.

And so, I'm only going to rate the people who mentioned something about my banner. (an eye-for-an-eye. One-rating-for-one.)

Whiiich, leaves me with one person, even if the comment was sort of... short. xD; That's okay though, s'long as it looks alright. I was actually obsessing over that splatter that's over his dog-tag, and I was wondering if someone would point it out and tell me to get rid of it, but nobody has, so I guess it's not a major tragedy.

SO.

Shiranui; Foggyyyyyy. It actually looks really good, but what kind of bugs me is the weird stuff around his nose and hair that make it look like it was a JPEG or something. Dx;; Actually, it's on his nose and hair. Not just around it. The border is white.... yeah can't see it. xD;; Which is a total let-down. The text is super cool, buuuut, it's kind of empty on the left, and cramped near the render. It's still a really nice banner though, and the color scheme is amazing~ <3

8/10

Maybe next week, I'll try again, but be smart this time and do it in word, rather then PC.

I do remember that I rated BreD's kick banner a 7/10, his orb avatar a 4/10, and his Sasuke banner a 9.5/10. I'm not going to re-type the reasons though. Dx;; Sorry. Just thought you might want to know the ratings anyway though.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Nice try brushing above the renders layer aswell... add a boarder too, keep up the good work! ^^
    Yes, but if I did that then, The Image will be ruined DD:
    Yay, RyRy got PS again~

Ryouki:
    Okay, I'll try to be nice.

Ahem. Well, for starters, I would like to say that your banners are not as bad as you say they are, regardless of what you say : D

Now, I wont be as nice... For the first set, I think you could have been bigger, so you have more space to work with. The render looks awfully constricted (I saw the whole thing somewhere else~), so I think a better banner size would have been better. The colours are nice, and match with the theme, so I don't really have any problems with that. However, the text is much to big, in my opinion. And the font doesn't match the render too well. The background effects (with the brushing and the repeated image) are simple and nice, considering you just started from scratch. As for the avatar, I have nothing much to say, really, except that I think the text is too big (once again)... o.o

And about the second set... It's partially better. Again, I think a better usage of space would have been good, but the colours are nice. The repeated image on this one stands out a bit too much, though. So maybe you can lower the opacity on that. And then, there's the text... The colour and font used for the text just look strange. It looks like it's just been slapped on there, for the sake of it. Oh, and you could have made the cloak flow more with the background by using a soft brush on low opacity to erase some of the end a little bit. And I think I don't really need to say much about the avatar ^^ Oh, yeah, a border would be nice on the second theme~

@Shira-chan: Hmm, Okay then, I think I'm gonna improve in that.
    The Banner of Roxas, ia great! but as you said, it looks kinda plain DD: So uh, 7/10

Anyways here was the banner(s) I made yesterday when I was bored.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Man, I always forget to put on borders, The Sharpay Banner was a gift for my sister and Saba, The InuYasha one is for the Graphics Giveaway ( I'm not really into Inuyasha ) and the otehr two is mine, hands off...xDDD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back