• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Tutorials Thread

Years
Program Used:adobe photoshop cs2 (but any version is ok)
Required:a 1px hard brush pencil tool
Skill Level:very easy

change this:
raquaza-1.gif

into this:
raquaza.gif

(yes i know rayquaza is spelt wrong)

How to use Scanlines

Ok since I don't know how to create Photoshop tuts ill just type one up

This tutorial will show you how to make scanlines without pics sorry.

Ok start off with a 3x3 or 6x6 pixel transparent document depending on the size you want it.

Zoom in 1600 so that you can actually see and grab your 1px pencil tool (right click the brush tool) and make a diagonal line across.

Now go to edit >define pattern.

That's pretty much it just go to select > all on a new layer of your document that you want to apply your scanlines on.

Then go to edit >fill and the scanlines should be there.

(TIP: for blending I put my scanlines on soft light.)

You might want to add that to put scan lines on certain layers you can make a new layer above the layer you want scan lines on, fill it black, then right click that black layer. Go to Blending Options > Pattern Overlay. And then choose that diagonal line pattern you just made. Then turn the opacity down and voila!

This works if you want the render with no scan lines and the background to have scan lines.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
Hai guyz. 8D Someone in the rating thread requested a tutorial for my Balmung tag, so here it is luls.

Program Used: Adobe Photoshop CS2
Required: 7-CS2 should work fine, as long as you have access to smudge and adjustment layers
Skill Level: Hard if you've never smudgizzled before or made anything with depth... D8

LE LINK!

Smudge brush can be found here: http://www.people.virginia.edu/~aov2x/resources/mixedbag.abr
(Download ensues upon click)

I'd love to see your results. <: D

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
This is my result for CME's tutorial. I couldn't follow it exactly, because the image I chose wasn't a render. D: So I had to make do with the stock I had.

But I rather like how it turned out, even though I only took little bits and pieces. xD;; The light textures are definitely something I'll be using again. <3

Hibari.png

Probably use the set tomorrow... xD

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
Just a thing, I've never used textures before. Where can I find them? ._.

Years
I dont have a tut but I wanted to mention something...
wouldnt it be easier if you take all the tuts that are posted and put it in the first post..
it makes it much easier to find a tut you need..:)

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
It's not a bad idea... Although, some of the tutorials are text based, so, I don't know if it would work with those.

Anywho, another tutorial, since someone requested it:

Program Used: Adobe Photoshop CS (not sure if it works with older versions)
Required: Smudge settings/brushes, minimal knowledge of smudging, a bunch of PSDs (previous banners, etc.), a render.
Skill Level: Medium to hard.
Outcome:
narutov2.png

Naruto banner.

I think the bit about displacement filters will help some people ;D

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
@shiranui: well you could just link to the single post? or use something like google docs post the tutorial there.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
there is like a tool on the toolbar that has a hand and a finger. thats the smudge tool.

oh and btw i used shirauni's tutorial and added my own touches to it and its in my sig right now.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
ok this is something i got when i used CME's tuorial. the reason i didnt use it before is becuase i was too scared and unwothy. anyway because i have gotten better at banner making i decided to give it a go. and my outcome:
spongebob2.jpg

yeah the best render eva!

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Great outcomes everyone ^^ Although, try not to erase too much of the displacement layers. Otherwise, the background will only show the dull, motion blurred background, which isn't a good thing :|

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
mm I also followed ur tutorial, this is my result:
sig.png

I made it small... for some unknown reason XP
The background is unimaginative, I know, I had a problem with the displacement filter, I figured it out now.. oh well....

Anyway, 10x, this was useful ;)

Idle.

Seriously.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2008
Anyone got any GIMP tutorials? My sigs are pretty basic: BG and Render thts all really :S

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Used Your Tut Shira-chan :P

renjiibannersh4.png

I think it sucks though Dx

But yeah the displacement filters should help alot of people.

EDIT:

Had time for another banner, i did CME's tut It sucks i know.

lbannerpx4.png

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop (any version ill work i think)
Required: a star brush and a preset chalk brush
Skill Level: i think easy to medium

http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/oj59esjd/firsttut.png
this is my first tut so there might be spelling and grammer errors and bad spacing.

outcome:
turtwig.png

Program Used: Adobe Photoshop (any version ill work i think)
Required: a render, alot of light textures, a c4d
Skill Level: i think easy to medium

http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/deueo8z/finalfantasytut.png

outcome:
final-fantasy.png

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Hey. I don't have any tuts, but someone should put up a tut on how to make those...Umm, i guess you would call them interactive sigs? Those one's with the links inside of the picture. That would be awesome...I was told it's done with CSS, but I can't figure out how!

Back