• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Great Marsh or Safari Zone

Which was better?

• HGSS' Safari Zone!

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • DPPt's Great Marsh!

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Can't split them.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • They both sucked!

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
Years
  • I have to say that I was not happy with the Great Marsh to say the least. I was waiting for that whole, "wait, where am I? I'm running out of steps so I better find that guru fast!" like I had in the Safari Zone. Like Mentalii said earlier, the sinking in the sand thing was funny at first but became extremely aggravating to deal with towards the latter parts.

I also didn't really feel like I needed to go to the Great Marsh for any reason. The Safari Zone at least made me look forward to a HM Surf at the end, and I had to get it if I wanted to move on to Cinnabar.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I have to say that I was not happy with the Great Marsh to say the least. I was waiting for that whole, "wait, where am I? I'm running out of steps so I better find that guru fast!" like I had in the Safari Zone. Like Mentalii said earlier, the sinking in the sand thing was funny at first but became extremely aggravating to deal with towards the latter parts.

I also didn't really feel like I needed to go to the Great Marsh for any reason. The Safari Zone at least made me look forward to a HM Surf at the end, and I had to get it if I wanted to move on to Cinnabar.

Wasn't the Surf HM only there in the R/B/Y Safari Zone?

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • The Safari Zone. The ability to customize it was certainly a nice touch but it has its flaws. This still beats slogging through mud in the Great Marsh though.

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
  • I guess I choose the Safari Zone, but I wish they would bring back how it was in R/B/Y - lots of decent Pokemon only obtainable there, and none of this "waiting a day" or getting frustrated from getting stuck in mud. Y'know, just walking around with a time limit, finding cool and rare Pokemon without all these added on things.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • The Safari Zone. I hated the Great Marsh. I couldn't stand the way it looked, the way you got stuck, the kind of Pokemon you caught. I loved the Safari Zone.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The Great Marsh was annoying. I do not like the getting stuck in the mud part. But it's something new to deal with in the game I guess. I don't do Safari Zone though..I seem to get everything through trades and breed the Pokemon to start from their birth to level 100's.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • Safari Zone, although the idea of getting blocks and waiting to get certain pokemon can be annoying, I would rather wait than get stuck in mud, the Tram things in the great marsh I though were quite neat though

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I actually detest the Safari zone because I could NEVER EVER find HM03 in it in Yellow version when I was little, my friend always had to do it for me and it just sucked bad. I don't really care for the great Marsh lol.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Safari Zone. It's a bit tricky to figure out, but it's worth it. And I didn't like being stuck in the mud.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • The Safari Zone. It had access to so many Pokemon from the start and after a certain amount of days you could get psuedo-legendaries like Bagon.

The Great Marsh annoyed me so much. The Pokemon aren't even that good aside from the occasional Yanma or Carnivine and getting stuck in the mud every step was a pain.

Years
  • Safari Zone without a doubt, I HATE with all my soul, mind, heart and body the great marsh , always get stucked in the marsh -__-

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    I still don't understand the way to get rare Pokemon in the Safari Zone, but it is better than the muddy ol' marsh. :U

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    To be honest, neither, I haven't really played at them a lot, and when I did, I disliked both of them.

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    The great marsh had a lack of variety in pokemon and also was an annoyance to get around due to the deep swamp. The Safari Zone was kind of irritating with the waiting thing, but I got used to it and it's made up for with the rare pokemon anyway.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I like the Great Marsh better. I like it better because in HG/SS the Safari Zone is too confusing and the Pokemon are too hard to catch.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I prefer the Safari Zone. I hate getting stuck in the Great Marsh and having to spin around to get loose.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I hate them both. I never ever liked the Safari Zone (it was really only good for catching Dratini, Chansey, and Khangaskan in R/B/Y) and I never liked the concept of the Great Marsh. I think I liked that less than the Safari Zone, even.

Back