• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Ground control to Major Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • I know my parents would pull down their tree plus decorations from the attic on Thanksgiving to put them up, and even that seems a little early...I can't imagine mid-October. :X

I would count that as okay, considering that Black Friday is the start of Christmas shopping season. Even like after November 20ish I could deal with (especially in retail since they need to be ready for Black Friday sales), but not much earlier than that.

Years
  • The big debate with Christmas trees is whether you want to use a real tree or one of those fake department store ones. My family always used fakes because they're reusable and you don't have to keep throwing them out.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Only now that it's back am I realizing how much I missed the DCC ^^

I think now is a good time to go out and buy a Christmas tree, before shopping gets too hectic for the holiday season. I've always preferred the fake ones for the sake of convenience, but I might just go for a real one for a change this year. Maybe.

Years
  • I haven't had a tree of my own in years, my parents always had a fake one because, supposedly, the one year we did have a real one, everyone in the house except my mom had their allergies flare up (I was like three years old or so and don't remember it one bit). So we had a fake tree, but it was one that was just a tree, so there was always the nice hassle of setting it up and then setting up the lights on it ...

Although I'm not so sure it was better for our allergies compared to a real tree, once that thing got almost a year's worth of dust on it from sitting in storage it was awful. :P

...At least we didn't have to worry about throwing it away.

Years
  • We don't have room for a tree because our apartment is crammed with stuff lol we just set the presents aside.
    I'd prefer a fake though, less mess and hassle I think!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • We'll probably end up with a fake tree at our apartment. I think one of our friends has an extra tree that she said she'd lend to us which would be pretty awesome.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    we've actually used real trees for as long as i can remember so while fake ones are more convinient i prefer real ones haha. as for snow i live in florida so hahah no snow for me.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I'm so excited for Christmas! When December starts I'm going to wear a Santa hat to work every day. It's too bad I have no ugly Christmas sweaters though. I guess it's time to hit up some thrift stores...

Lucid

Remove that scruffy Greek god from the Trashcan this instant.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    there's no snow in my part of Texas. i miss it, but only aesthetically.

cold air is my bane. :')

Years
  • Lucky to see snow in London, roughly every other winter we get some. Even when it snows there's only about a 25% chance that it will be a good amount. We had none last year, and the year before that we got a bit but it was mostly sleet which sucked. I just want to experience that feeling of walking through a field of fresh snow, where it's all flat and you're the first person to mess it up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back