• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Ground control to Major Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I may have to work Thanksgiving, Luckily, we close at 2pm that day, so I'll get out an hour earlier than normal~ I may even have to work less if the bus runs on a Sunday schedule (it runs weekend schedules on most holidays) and don't have to come in until 8

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Funny how you guys are talking about Thanksgiving when I just got back from watching the Nostalgia Critic's editorial video about how Thanksgiving merchandise is getting pushed aside by Halloween and Christmas.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I doubt I have to work Thanksgiving. My department is absolutely unnecessary that day, and I'm already working that Sunday and the Wednesday before.

Thanksgiving is really only a big deal for me because of my job. Since I work at a grocery store, we prepare a few weeks early for all the special items people buy, like baking needs and the side dishes. Customers are already stocking up on cranberry sauce.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'll be working Thanksgiving. In a country that does not celebrate Thanksgiving.

ASDA (British Wal-Mart, basically) released a statement saying they wouldn't be doing Black Friday this year.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Woshh!!! My holiday starts just as my exam finish! I hope I can get a part-time work and get a good computer hardrive :P.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Woshh!!! My holiday starts just as my exam finish! I hope I can get a part-time work and get a good computer hardrive :P.
    Yeah I need to find a job as well once I sit my last exam. I want to be productive over the generous break I have. Do something. Go places etc.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Saw this picture today. Can't say I disagree.

Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

It's so weird knowing that I was still in elementary school when some of you guys were here.

Years
  • I was only 9 when PC was created... and ended up joining the community around nearly 9 years later. Very coincidental.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I was 16 when I joined PC, seems a lifetime ago...

Six years on this site, (admittedly off-and-on), is some going, can only imagine how it feels for some of you who joined in 05! Can't say i've not enjoyed it, however.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I joined at age 22, and I was 11 when PC was created. So like Nichole...I was 11 when it was created and joined 11 years later, that's kinda funny :P

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I joined PC when I was around sixteen. I feel so old here on PC because I'm one of the ones that have been here a really, really long time. :c I've been on here off and on with different accounts for what... eleven years now? I think this is the longest I've actually stayed.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i was 11 when i joined and i'm nearing my 11th anni.

love all these 1111s lately.

Years
  • I guess all this mention of 11 really means it is a lucky number, by PC standards hehehe

Next March will be my 5th PCversary... yeah can't believe how quickly that is coming

Years
  • I will have been Staff now for 5 years come December 3rd, which is insane to think about because that's half a decade already and I still feel like a staff baby sometimes compared to say a Morkula/Hiroshi Sotomura who have hit 11/12 years already. o_O

Years
  • I will have been Staff now for 5 years come December 3rd, which is insane to think about because that's half a decade already and I still feel like a staff baby sometimes compared to say a Morkula/Hiroshi Sotomura who have hit 11/12 years already. o_O

Ah Jake and Geoff... those two have to be the longest-serving staff outside of PPN. I would imagine how hard it would be to adjust to PC without them if they ever retire. And don't worry dude, even with 5 years on staff you're still a baby at heart... and on top of that I only joined a couple of months after you were first modded hehehehe

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • The longest (and only) time i've ever modded a forum was only maybe a year, before the place died on its feet and went under. Just wasn't active enough.

Enjoyed being on staff, although this was back in the days when I could dedicate 15 hours a day to forums.

Years
  • I was a mod on some forums run by some of my PC friends, sadly they all died from inactivity so my career was short-lived.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back