• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Ground control to Major Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Am I really one of the few people who doesn't enjoy Adele that much? I feel like the only strong thing going for her is her vocals and that's it.
    Wow what are the odds that I've been listening to Adele this whole bus ride and then see you guys talking about her here?

Perfect song when angry with someone you loved: Rolling in the Deep. So ominous, haha. "You're gonna wish you never had met me".

Years
    Wow what are the odds that I've been listening to Adele this whole bus ride and then see you guys talking about her here?

Perfect song when angry with someone you loved: Rolling in the Deep. So ominous, haha. "You're gonna wish you never had met me".

I know that Rolling In The Deep is the one Adele song I never want to listen to again, because I know it got quite the overplayed factor.

Sirfetch’d

Yay I finally how to fry an egg...... any claps?

*applauds*

Oddly enough, I just went to the market to buy some eggs. My mom needed quite a few for Thanksgiving so she asked me to go out and buy some. I cannot wait until Thursday to eat some good food.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I hope I feel 100% on Thursday, I've been a bit under the weather since I stayed up too late on Sunday after not eating anything until dinner. Yay for self-inflicted wounds!

Years
    Speaking of eggnog, I have a bunch of eggs left here (lol @ buying more without first checking to see if I already had any). I should make some homemade eggnog sometime, that's always turned out pretty good for me.

Also ugh I need a jacket or a blanket right now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hope I feel 100% on Thursday, I've been a bit under the weather since I stayed up too late on Sunday after not eating anything until dinner. Yay for self-inflicted wounds!
    Try to sleep properly in the coming days? :3

Myself, I just got my heart broken and I can't shut up about it because it's all I can think of and it hurts more than 2893429 hells and I don't know how to survive it. Any helpful suggestions?

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    The next holiday I celebrate is unleavened bread, the week of the passover to commemorate the Exodus. Can I smell like matzah bread instead? :P

The best thing about this time of the year, despite not following any of the traditional festivities, is the really good Christmas food. Chocolate cakes!!! *gets fat thinking about it* *drools* *mops up floor*.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    hgughgh listening to Adele's new album simultaneously makes me feel like collapsing onto the floor in a blubbering teary mess and also climbing to the top of a building and screaming along to her ballad

maybe also in tears

such a mess

Definitely.

ALSO I hate eggnog. How bout fireball spiked peppermint hot chocolate?

gah i was listening to some of it on youtube last night and i definitely want to buy it..I never buy albums. All I ask made me cry LOL
    Like it amazes me how perfect her voice is and she never changes for the industry..she keeps it real.

Try to sleep properly in the coming days? :3

Myself, I just got my heart broken and I can't shut up about it because it's all I can think of and it hurts more than 2893429 hells and I don't know how to survive it. Any helpful suggestions?

i've been in the same boat since like august but it's slowly going away, idk if this is the best advice but try to remember that person SUCKS and you're probably better than them anyway. x)
    but yeah it's totally normal to talk about it a lot cause it hurts, just remember that it'll pass and be an old memory someday.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I love Adele but as a choir person her diction annoys the crap out of me. She doesn't enunciate anything, and her vowel shaping is a nightmare. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love Adele but as a choir person her diction annoys the crap out of me. She doesn't enunciate anything, and her vowel shaping is a nightmare. :(
    I went to choir school for 6 years :3 solo singing is so much more free ofc. Adele is superb.

However! The Gwyneth Paltrow version of Turning Tables is actually better imo.

Sirfetch’d

I love Adele so much. She's one of the few artists that I can listen to on repeat without growing stale of it right away.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020

you think so? I feel like she pronounces pretty clear compared to other artists but idk that's just me :x and I guess her accent has something to do with it too since it's...different

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    So my friend ask me what should I do during the holidays and I just say go to work and get more experience.

So whats your plan during this holiday besides christmass.....

Yukari

I'm probably gonna do nothing at all and just be lazy.

AKA the same thing I do every day.

Sirfetch’d

I'm going to eat and watch football all day tomorrow. Gotta travel again though on Saturday b/c I'm going to a football game then. After that tho I probs will just be relaxing until christmas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back