• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Even though it looks intimidating, css is actually very easy to get the hang of. You don't need to be a programming genius to do it - the fields are pretty self-explanatory. The only ones which may cause confusion are the the padding and
    tags. Padding says how much space there is between the border and the text, and
    basically means the text/image is treated like an image would be in MS word, which allows text to wrap around it and stuff.

Thanks, this is awesome. I have a basic understanding of how most of this stuff works so I shouldn't have too much trouble working the rest out. If you don't mind, I'd like to use the basic design for the RP I'm going to be in, with a few obvious changes to personalize it. (I wont use it when I sign up for this RP)
    Btw the images are awesome (I assume you used some sort of paint like software to make them.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Thanks, this is awesome. I have a basic understanding of how most of this stuff works so I shouldn't have too much trouble working the rest out. If you don't mind, I'd like to use the basic design for the RP I'm going to be in, with a few obvious changes to personalize it. (I wont use it when I sign up for this RP)
    Btw the images are awesome (I assume you used some sort of paint like software to make them.

Np, you can use any of the css I use (it's the best way to learn it, steal and edit - eventually you'll be making your own :D)

As for the pictures, I google the pics and I find one with a good, single-color background, then I resize them with paint :P It's not too much work, it looks more complex than in it, just like css.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Np, you can use any of the css I use (it's the best way to learn it, steal and edit - eventually you'll be making your own :D)

As for the pictures, I google the pics and I find one with a good, single-color background, then I resize them with paint :P It's not too much work, it looks more complex than in it, just like css.

I tried to play around with the border a bit and got frustrated and gave up.
    But regardless, heres my SU...

Name: Achilles 'Black' Nimbus
    Element: Electricity
    Weapon: Mas 56 Semi-Automatic RifleBlade Hilt(With a broken blade in it)
    Personality: Achilles is from the north. This leads to him looking down on those from the Barren lands, calling the 'scum' and 'rats' etc. He is generally very distant, because of his lack of interest in communicating with others, beyond what is necessary-as a result he is always forward and to the point. His lack of ability to communicate, obviously, means he is prone to attempt to do things on his own and doesn't know his weaknesses.
    His childhood was relatively peaceful. His parents are well off thanks to his father's scholarship and because of that his mother had no job and a lot of time to provide him with attention. This coupled with the fact that he was an only child, meant he was used to being the centre of attention from a young age, and learned to dislike the limelight.
    He created an imaginary friend to fill the void. Shillace is the embodiment of his repressed childish nature; she also projects the positive emotions and is able to feel the physical hindrances that Achilles feels(Hunger, physical fatigue, temperature change etc.)

Appearance: Achilles stands at about 5"8 often wears his cloak, which covers his entire body.
    Spoiler:

When he isnt wearing his cloak he tends to wear black, which is seen as strange in the heat of the Barren Lands.
    Spoiler:

(I didn't draw or make these images)
    Stock Spells:
    Electric Burst
    Electric Shield
    Blink
    Custom Spells:
    Thunder Blade- Extends a blade of electricity out of the hilt he carries (It used to have an actual sword in it, but was broken in a hunt)
    Static- De-Materializes his body for a short period of time (Probably for about 10 seconds, don't want it to seem Overpowered)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I tried to play around with the border a bit and got frustrated and gave up.
    But regardless, heres my SU...

Weapon: Mas 56 Semi-Automatic RifleBlade Hilt(With a broken blade in it)
    Personality: Achilles is from the north. This leads to him looking down on those from the Barren lands, calling the 'scum' and 'rats' etc. He is generally very distant, because of his lack of interest in communicating with others, beyond what is necessary-as a result he is always forward and to the point. His lack of ability to communicate, obviously, he is prone to attempt to do things on his own and doesn't know his weaknesses.

Appearance: Achilles stands at about 5"8 often wears his cloak, which covers his entire body.
    Spoiler:

When he isnt wearing his cloak he tends to wear black, which is seen as strange in the heat of the Barren Lands.
    Spoiler:

(I didn't draw or make these images)
    Stock Spells:
    Electric Burst
    Electric Shield
    Blink
    Custom Spells:
    Thunder Blade- Extends a blade of electricity out of the hilt he carries (It used to have an actual sword in it, but was broken in a hunt)
    Static- De-Materializes his body for a short period of time (Probably for about 10 seconds, don't want it to seem Overpowered)

That is a pretty cool character, your SU does need some work though. I'm tired right now but tomorrow (well... later today technically) I'll help you out because I would love to have you RP with us.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    That is a pretty cool character, your SU does need some work though. I'm tired right now but tomorrow (well... later today technically) I'll help you out because I would love to have you RP with us.

Thanks, and yeah, I admit my SU is pretty poor looking back at it (I'm definitely gonna add some fixes it when I finish reading the RP. I'm just not sure how he's gonna fit into the story atm. Plus he looks far too similar to your character 'Alex' for my liking.). I await your feedback

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Ooh, an electric bounty hunter. I'd love to see how Owen will deal with your character

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • The finale of "Revenge is a dish best served Colt" is out! It's quite long, but worth the read ;)

Also, I think I want to request Sophia (and I think Sonata wanted Jeb too) to level up in sorcerer rank, please.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I was going to ask about a powerup after I catch/kill my next bounty since like, yeah. Stuff.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Okay, here's my second attempt at my SU, I've read a lot of the IC since the last one so I have a better idea of how he'll fit in the story...

Weapon: Hunting Rifle, which he prefers to use at a distance (He's not incredible with it, however hits the target more often than not, when he isn't under pressure)
    Blade Hilt(With a broken blade in it)
    Personality: Achilles is from the north. This leads to him looking down on those from the Barren lands, calling the 'scum' and 'rats' etc. His hatred of the south comes from the fact he is naturally very judgmental, and has simply heard and seen bad things. These things have been heard from his parents throughout life, because they've had bad experiences(Money robbed, dirty etc). He is generally very distant, because of his lack of interest in communicating with others, beyond what is necessary-as a result, he is always forward and to the point. (His sheltered background has lead to this) His lack of ability to communicate, obviously, he is prone to attempt to do things on his own instead of working as a team. He has learned to embrace
    Backstory: As an only child in a rich home, he lead a very sheltered life-not making many friends in the process. This lead to him conjuring an imaginary friend that he talks to often, and he has had her for so long that he is now able to visualize her (Of course he is the only one that can see her). Though she is part of his subconscious, she can cast her own magic (With added strain to his body, and only weakened versions of spells that he knows himself. E.g her electric shield would be faint and easily penetrable, but would still damage a living organism trying to walk through it.) She also has her own vision-She can look behind him essentially. (I'm still yet to work out all the quirks with her ability) He grew up and became an officer in the north, since his skills in combat were admirable. I was thinking since Alice and Scarlet were daughters of a mayor from the north, maybe he was sent to find them. (If thats okay with Foxrally)

Appearance: Achilles stands at about 5"8 and weighs about 140 lbs often wears his cloak, which covers his entire body.
    Spoiler:

His red eyes are a mystery, to him. However beyond the odd person mentioning them, they don't affect his life too much. When he isn't wearing his cloak he tends to wear black, which is seen as strange in the heat of the Barren Lands. He also wears gloves all of the time, presumably because he sees the south as filthy, not wanting to touch the dirt.
    Spoiler:

(I didn't draw or make these images, but they depict his appearance very well so...)
    Stock Spells:
    Electric Burst
    Electric Shield
    Blink
    Custom Spells:

Years
  • Okay, here's my second attempt at my SU, I've read a lot of the IC since the last one so I have a better idea of how he'll fit in the story...

Weapon: Hunting Rifle, which he prefers to use at a distance (He's not incredible with it, however hits the target more often than not, when he isn't under pressure)
    Blade Hilt(With a broken blade in it)
    Personality: Achilles is from the north. This leads to him looking down on those from the Barren lands, calling the 'scum' and 'rats' etc. His hatred of the south comes from the fact he is naturally very judgmental, and has simply heard and seen bad things. These things have been heard from his parents throughout life, because they've had bad experiences(Money robbed, dirty etc). He is generally very distant, because of his lack of interest in communicating with others, beyond what is necessary-as a result, he is always forward and to the point. (His sheltered background has lead to this) His lack of ability to communicate, obviously, he is prone to attempt to do things on his own instead of working as a team. He has learned to embrace
    Backstory: As an only child in a rich home, he lead a very sheltered life-not making many friends in the process. This lead to him conjuring an imaginary friend that he talks to often, and he has had her for so long that he is now able to visualize her (Of course he is the only one that can see her). Though she is part of his subconscious, she can cast her own magic (With added strain to his body, and only weakened versions of spells that he knows himself. E.g her electric shield would be faint and easily penetrable, but would still damage a living organism trying to walk through it.) She also has her own vision-She can look behind him essentially. (I'm still yet to work out all the quirks with her ability) He grew up and became an officer in the north, since his skills in combat were admirable. I was thinking since Alice and Scarlet were daughters of a mayor from the north, maybe he was sent to find them. (If thats okay with Foxrally)

Appearance: Achilles stands at about 5"8 and weighs about 140 lbs often wears his cloak, which covers his entire body.
    Spoiler:

His red eyes are a mystery, to him. However beyond the odd person mentioning them, they don't affect his life too much. When he isn't wearing his cloak he tends to wear black, which is seen as strange in the heat of the Barren Lands. He also wears gloves all of the time, presumably because he sees the south as filthy, not wanting to touch the dirt.
    Spoiler:

(I didn't draw or make these images, but they depict his appearance very well so...)
    Stock Spells:
    Electric Burst
    Electric Shield
    Blink
    Custom Spells:

"He has learned to embrace"

Once you tell me what he has learned to embrace he's good to go.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't have a roleplay sample, this would be my first.

You would have to write a day in the life of the character, I did the same. It's basically you're first post, and it helps a lot to get to know the character before you really throw him into the world.

Also, reading through the JP, I love how Jeb calls Colt a kid, while Jeb himself is only 27 and Colt 25.

Years
  • Isn't he missing a roleplay sample as well? O:

Oh yeah... I'm so tired xD

I don't have a roleplay sample, this would be my first.

You would have to write a day in the life of the character, I did the same. It's basically you're first post, and it helps a lot to get to know the character before you really throw him into the world.

It's as MI says, it doesn't have to be a huge post it will just help you and the rest of us get to know your character and show me how you write.

Back