• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    And other generation Pokemon are wild in Isshu after the National Dex.

Aloe's team is not boring. It is epic. >:o

Oh yes, I didsay that previous gen pokemon were wild after the pokedex.

I think Aloe's team is pretty good too, it looks difficult.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My experience fighting Aloe was that she was pretty tough. Fun match though, for sure.

King Gumball

Years
    I just checked and apparently the Ice gym badge is called the Icicle badge. Does anyone find it odd that they gave it the same name as Candace's badge (also icicle badge). I thought all badges were meant to be different.... I dont like that they repeated a badge name, it may be a small issue but it bothers me.

The Red Chain

I'm really not sure whether to be bothered by the badge repeat name thing really. The good thing is that the two badges at least look different, and only hold the same name. They got creative with every other gym this generation at least, like having the three basic types as the first gym, which kinda makes up for it to me. ^^;

There is one thing I'm not liking though.. why are the badges so incredibly thin this generation? It irks me so bad.. it looks like they compressed the badge between two weights on it's sides.. and smashed it to be really small. >_<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, there is a slight... very slight chance it could change for the English versions! lol no impossible

Though for those that really didn't get into dppt, they wouldn't really know the badge names, so it doesn't matter (like me, for example). Besides, the badge name is fine by me anyway. XD

King Gumball

Years
    Yeah but there are plenty of other ice badge names available, it isn't like they were running out of ideas. How about Snowflake badge to go with the new snowflake pokemon, Avalanche badge, Snowcone Badge, Ice Shard Badge,Hail Badge, Ice Badge, chill badge or Frost Badge which sounds the coolest.

It is just quite odd for a repeat of a badge, I dont know why they made that decision. For a pokemon perfectionist like me who gets bothered by every mistake, it really annoys me and I will be dying to know why the repeated the name of the most recent generation badge. Candace will be so pissed I must say DX

As for the skinny badges.... I dont really like it. The badges them selves are attractive but I would prefer them fatter than they are.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    There is no "Icicle Badge" in any of the Japanese Pokemon games. In the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl, Candice's badge was named the Glacier Badge.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Alright...
    Mahagony Town Badge: Jap - Ice Badge. U.S. - Glacier Badge,
    Snowpoint City Badge: Jap - Glacier Badge. U.S. - Icicle Badge.
    Sekka City Badge: Jap - Icicle Badge. U.S. - ???

So the next region badge in J.P. probably will be U.S. name of the next region.. And so on. LOL. Icicle Badge (Sekka City):
    Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lovely that it will most likely be changed. I noticed someone suggested Snowflake and if it does change, I do want Snowflake for it. :D;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gimme a list of names and I'll edit them into the poll.
    /was thinking of doing that earlier lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Gimme a list of names and I'll edit them into the poll.
    /was thinking of doing that earlier lol

We've got:

Dento
    Aloe
    Atei
    Kamitsure
    Yakon
    Furou
    Hachiku
    Iris (White)
    Shaga (Black)

That's all 8 Gym Leaders and we'll get them in soon guys. :)

Back