• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
  • That would be cool, but I'm starting to doubt that it'll be a Triple Battle.

Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

The three gym leaders for the 1st Gym are: Dento, Poddo, and last name is cut off (Ko- something)
    Your starter choice decides which waiter you face, Ex: if you choose Tsutaaja you face Poddo and his Baoppu

I saw that on PokeJungle.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • So the monkey's were confirmed, and apparently you may choose the first gym leader you verse! that is so cool!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ...im hoping for a trickster gym leader,
    one that has all his gym trainers one type and then
    he has a completely different type.
    like say his trianers electric types,
    so he would have water or grass types,
    just to mess with people xD

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im hoping their wrong& there IS a dark gym :)
    considering the amount of dark types id find it highly unlikely there isnt one :)

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    im hoping their wrong& there IS a dark gym :)
    considering the amount of dark types id find it highly unlikely there isnt one :)

It makes sense I mean have you been to NYC I hope Hiun City Gym is Dark Type and in some alley way somewhere lol

Last edited:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • It makes sense I mean have you been to NYC I hope Hiun City Gym is Dark Type and in some ally way somewhere lol

...That's horrible reasoning. You do realize it gets dark everywhere? It gets dark in Hokkaido. Why doesn't Sinnoh have a dark gym? But there's probably a reason there is no dark gym. Maybe dark pokemon are too evil to get a gym? XD; But I hope they have a lot more cool gym leaders. I absolutely love the dento trio.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You mean the Poddo trio (joking well it shouldn't be called the dento trio...) :P.
    Well I'm sad that there is no Dark gym, some of those rumors were proven in today's scans so maybe this "Reliable" source was right :(

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    ...That's horrible reasoning. You do realize it gets dark everywhere? It gets dark in Hokkaido. Why doesn't Sinnoh have a dark gym? But there's probably a reason there is no dark gym. Maybe dark pokemon are too evil to get a gym? XD; But I hope they have a lot more cool gym leaders. I absolutely love the dento trio.

I was talking about the gangs and mugging in NYC <.< Some alleys in NYC no one uses because its a location thugs hang out in... <.< Visit NYC sometime...

Last edited by a moderator:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I was talking about the gangs and mugging in NYC idiot <.< Some alleys in NYC no one uses because its a location thugs hang out in... <.< Visit NYC sometime...

I live in a big city and we have lots of thugs too. Does this mean Isshu is milwaukee? Even when I lived in a hick town we had gangs and such. Granted, they wore cowboy boots... but still the same concept.

Taking this, a dark gym full of thugs would be cool. You could walk through dark hazy alleys with a couple street lights and guys jump out at you from the shadows, and there could be a couple double and triple battles to show small gangs.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    You'd think with the massive amount of requesting that's been going on for such a long time that an idea as simple as a Dark Gym wouldn't be ignored. I think it's pretty ridiculous. We've had a gym leader for every other type (right?), so why not a Dark one yet? Well I hope we at least see another Ghost type one. =D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I bet Aloe has a Buffalon

I can see Aloe having this pokémon as her main powerhouse in the end. It seems fitting for her and plus it's a normal type so it works. In addition to it suiting her type, many people have mentioned Aloe looking very buff or big which had lead to predicting she would become a rock type gym leader. Buffalon is also a buff and fierce looking pokémon which would suit her all the more.

We know Dento has Yanappu as his main, but I've been wondering what his other pokémon for the battle will be too as well as his partners, Kon and Poddo. Being gym leaders with the grass, water and fire types, I can only assume they would be some of the early game pokémon of each type.

I was thinking about this earlier and decided to bring it up. If we are able to have rematches with the Gym Leaders, I think it would be ideal to have Dento's, Kon's and Poddo's main powerhouse evolve when having a rematch with them. It'll show they've been training and hopefully, be more of a challenge for us. I'd like for them to prove their challenge worthy too. Their pokémon could have strategic moves basing off of their type and main stat. Say if Yanappu was a fast pokémon or good in speed, maybe some moves revolving around speed would be nice. More useful items other than a potion or any other healing item will help as well. Not saying this has to be for those three alone, but goes for the other Gym Leaders as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• I can see Aloe having this pokémon as her main powerhouse in the end. It seems fitting for her and plus it's a normal type so it works. In addition to it suiting her type, many people have mentioned Aloe looking very buff or big which had lead to predicting she would become a rock type gym leader. Buffalon is also a buff and fierce looking pokémon which would suit her all the more.

We know Dento has Yanappu as his main, but I've been wondering what his other pokémon for the battle will be too as well as his partners, Kon and Poddo. Being gym leaders with the grass, water and fire types, I can only assume they would be some of the early game pokémon of each type.

I was thinking about this earlier and decided to bring it up. If we are able to have rematches with the Gym Leaders, I think it would be ideal to have Dento's, Kon's and Poddo's main powerhouse evolve when having a rematch with them. It'll show they've been training and hopefully, be more of a challenge for us. I'd like for them to prove their challenge worthy too. Their pokémon could have strategic moves basing off of their type and main stat. Say if Yanappu was a fast pokémon or good in speed, maybe some moves revolving around speed would be nice. More useful items other than a potion or any other healing item will help as well. Not saying this has to be for those three alone, but goes for the other Gym Leaders as well.

I agree Buffalon just looks like the ideal pokemon to be on her team due to it's typing and it's looks :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Personally, I think Dento's gym will only have the monkeys, but at a strong level - maybe even one of their evolved forms, too, so it matches up with other first gyms. If not, then Hihidaruma/two others.

The Red Chain

Personally, I think Dento's gym will only have the monkeys, but at a strong level - maybe even one of their evolved forms, too, so it matches up with other first gyms. If not, then Hihidaruma/two others.
    I agree. I don't see them having more than just the monkeys.
    Especially since those monkeys are a trio, I believe them to be extremely rare.. so I think those are their only Pokemon.
    The levels are probably like.. 10 though if it's their only Pokemon.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    with the amount of dark types we are getting, im really hoping that one thing on pokebeach is wrong :) & theres a dark type gym, i could see it being number 8 with our new pseudo-legend hydra :)

Back