• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I voted for Fuuro, b/c her Pokemon are awesome and I look like her. XD

Does anyone think her English name would be Ava; derived from 'aviator.' She is a pilot afterall. C:

Also, with Kamitsure, her name could be Electra. (from electricity...)
    Those are really good names I hope that Fuuro is Ava in the English versions now :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I retract my latest statement I made :x

I started new game and got owned by D.P.K, I'm still stuck on them, Mijumaru is gross in battle >:

So yeah its gonna be really hard for me now ;~;

Perriechu

Years
  • Furou. Dang, she's HOT! Thats the reason I like her anyway~

And thats what I hate about the new Gym leaders of the region.

Fan Girls/Boys go wild over a new "hot" Gym leader :/ She's just Pixels'. Chill.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Researching into the first Gym, I've come to the conclusion that GameFreak are trying to make us smarter trainers by making the final Pokemon at a type advantage to the ones we choose. I mean, normally this is done with the rival trainer, but when the Gym leader also has a Pokemon stronger than you, it starts to make you think a little more before using moves (as Gym leaders tend to have a specific strategy or at least healing items to make the battle more challenging); transforming the people who have the traditional mindset of 'Press A a few hundred times and win' to people who take type advantage and the likes into account.

Guys.. Pokemon is getting modern! :D

Perriechu

Years
  • Researching into the first Gym, I've come to the conclusion that GameFreak are trying to make us smarter trainers by making the final Pokemon at a type advantage to the ones we choose. I mean, normally this is done with the rival trainer, but when the Gym leader also has a Pokemon stronger than you, it starts to make you think a little more before using moves (as Gym leaders tend to have a specific strategy or at least healing items to make the battle more challenging); transforming the people who have the traditional mindset of 'Press A a few hundred times and win' to people who take type advantage and the likes into account.

Guys.. Pokemon is getting modern! :D

Yeah but they failed unfortunately :| Before you fight you get given the Monkey that has a type advantage to theirs, so unless you want the challenge people generally tend to use the monkeys :o

Perriechu

Years
  • Kamitsure. She's sexy, awesome, and is the hardest of the Isshu gym leaders. I miss the Hoenn leaders..they had talent and were hard to beat

So many things wrong with this sentence. ;~;

Kamitsure is just Pixels, get over it :|
    She's not the hardest Gym Leader considering she's only the 4th Leader and her top Leveled Pokemon is 27/28.

Hoenn leaders are even easier. Sinnoh leaders are the hardest.

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • Dento/Poddo/Koon and Aloe were the only leaders where I had to grind before facing them. The rest were so easy. I train 5 Pokemon at once and was still out-leveling them. The only time I had to grind after Aloe, was for Victory Road.

Perriechu

Years
  • Dento/Poddo/Koon and Aloe were the only leaders where I had to grind before facing them. The rest were so easy. I train 5 Pokemon at once and was still out-leveling them. The only time I had to grind after Aloe, was for Victory Road.

This. D/P/K/A Are only hard because there aren't many types of Pokemon around those areas that can take them down, although if there was, the levels of wild Pokemon is just ._.

Horrible.

Perriechu

Years
  • ..no gym leader is hard for me because i overtrain. Sinnoh was a piece of cake in my opinion. Isshu was quite easy, but she had the best strategy.

Well thats all good.

Her strategy was to just keep using an attack so she could switch out. .___. Whats so amazing about that? She needed speed and Snivy + Co. could knock her out.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

• Yeah but they failed unfortunately :| Before you fight you get given the Monkey that has a type advantage to theirs, so unless you want the challenge people generally tend to use the monkeys :o
    Exactly! By giving you the Monkey that has the type advantage over their Pokemon, they're forcing you to think and not make random, sporadic decisions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wouldn't it be fairer if you were given the weaker monkey and forced to overcome their strategies with the "underdog" in a sense?

Perriechu

Years
  • Wouldn't it be fairer if you were given the weaker monkey and forced to overcome their strategies with the "underdog" in a sense?

That means you'd have two weak Pokemon. :o I see where your going though. But then you'd have two Water/Grass/Fire types all ready and just isn't good :/ XD

The Red Chain

Iris has become my favorite gym leader. <3
    I love her spunk, her dragons, her in-game sprite, and her tiny little overworld sprite.
    She's adorable, and has officially won my heart.

Kamitsure is just Pixels, get over it :|

There's no reason to be so rude. ]:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Wouldn't it be fairer if you were given the weaker monkey and forced to overcome their strategies with the "underdog" in a sense?
    Like dragonomega said, it would be a bit weird as they already have a weaker type in their starter. However, I think it would be better if they get a neutral type with maybe a move that has an advantage over the Gym leader's last Pokemon. So the typing would be fairer but with some way to be able to think and defeat them.

There's no reason to be so rude. ]:
    She's speaking the truth, to be honest. She is just some pixels.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Kamit... oh wait, she's just pixels T____T Hot pixels

But seriously though, she's my current favourite, designing/concept wise.

And what all this Fuuro lust by some? She's like, a kid o_O

Back