• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.hack//Assimilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    For those of you unfamiliar with the .hack universe, here's the setup:

In the near future, there will be an online game called "The World". Incredible in its depth and scope, it has quickly become the most popular Massively Multiplayer Online RPG ever. However, the game is not without flaws. Flaws that have, in the past, almost killed people.

One major flaw occured four years ago. A virus took over "The World" and soon spread to nearly destroy the entire world's networks. People were placed into comas in freak accidents, and the system administrators were powerless to stop it.

Luckily, this "virus" was dealt with, thanks to the efforts of a few players, most mere children. The incident unearthed a massive scandal that destroyed the CC Corporation and its OS Altimit's monopoly on the Net.

Now, four years have passed. "The World has recently been completly updated, in order to compete with a new generation. Its bigger, grander, and more addictive then ever.

Yet, something is stirring. Restlessness fills the void. Something is coming. Something big...and when it does, who can stop it?

Character Creation:

Name: (Username for "The World")
    Class:
    Goals: (Like, what your character wants to accomplish in "The World")
    Description:
    History: (Bio on the player controlling the character, or a background story for the character you play.
    Rp Sample

Classes:

Twin Blade: Arguably the most balanced of the classes, they are certaintly the fastest, foregoing powerful weapons like Spears, Swords or Axes in exchange for Katars, Daggers, and Claws. They can use both magic and weapons with considerable skill in both, and their high speed allows for quicker attacks and higher evasion. The downside is they can't take as many hits as other characters.

Long Arms: Wielding long Spears and fierce looks, Long Arms are one of the most popular character classes. They are a bit more physically based then Twin Blades, able to hit several times in one attack with their spears. Like Twin Blades and Wavemasters, they are limited in what equiptment they can equip, being stuck with weaker armor. Luckily, they are able to take much more damage then Twin Blades, which compensates for their slowness.

Wavemasters: The "mage" character. Only able to wear the lightest armor, and unable to move very fast, the Wavemasters make up for it with their incredible magical abilities. As the only class geared for magic usage, they are most skilled at it, to compensate for being weak everywhere else.

Heavy Blades: A heavy weapons using class, useful for strong, slow attacks that deal tons od famage. Able to equip the heaviest armor, with no restrictions, they are a force to be reckoned with. They are very lacking in the magic department, but assuredly, they don't need it. They come in both Samurai and Berserker variety, the differences between the two are aesthetic only.

Blademasters: Also arguably the most balanced class, they use lighter swords then the Heavy Blades, dealing less damage, but can equip the same armor, and are far better spellcasters, which is always a bonus for a heavy weapons class. They lack proficiency in both physical and magical attacking, but make up for it everywhere else.

Heavy Axemen: They are the best of all physical attackers, with able to take damage and dish it out. They lack the ability to use magic at all, but compensate with incredible damage dealing abilities with their huge axes.

Gunner Valkyrie: A new class that uses guns and strong magics to attack from afar. They have two types of guns to equip, rifles and pistols for long range, shotguns and bayonets for short range. They can only equip light armor like the Twin Blades, but with a plethora of unique skills and equiptment, they are an even contender.

Tricksters: A very unique class, they are similar to wavemasters in that they can only equip very weak armor and their weapons deal little damage. However, they posess the ability to use traps, tools, and the ancient secret of controlling monsters to aid them in battle. They use their monsters to attack for them, and are able to cause untold suffering onto their enemies.

How the RP works:

Basically you are characters in an online game. Those who are familiar with the series know how it works, but basically, anything you can do in the real world is permissable here, so complex hand movements and stuff like that are permissable, just RP as you would normally.
    Travel throughout "The World" is done via Chaos gates. You use a series of keywords (Like, Chosen Hopeless Nothingness) and you're off. I've taken the liberty of expanding the locations, so many are unique and have their own histories.

There is a main plot, but in amidst all the crazyness, you the RPer can ask certain people to go off and help you with "sidequests", just like in a real RP, via the game's message board (just put a board post in the beginning of your RP). Just make sure you don't interfere with the main plot.

So sign up any who are interested, and have fun!!:D

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    Name: Kail (Real name Kay)
    Class: Baldemaster
    Goals: His goals in the world is to be the best treasure hunter as well as becoming the strongest blademaster in The World.
    Description: Me In addition to that he wields a Rondo beginning sword.
    History: From a young age Kay was exposed to video games and became taken with them, beating every one he got. He beat everyone with 100% making sure that no rock was left unturned, and no mystery unsolved. Soon he set his sights on a once popular game his older brother played befor going away to college for years in the past. Now only have played on the world for a day or two his new challenge is mastering this massive online rpg.
    Rp Sample

yeah this Rp I was in that I took my sample from was rated R so it has blood and stuff

Kay11190 said:
    Kay stood leaning on a building watching the fight with his arms folded. He was debating with himself whether to join it or not. For one those guards were only doing as they were told and he didn't like killing people he didn't have to or even want too. Bored Kay pulled out his short Katana and started to juggle it in his hand, then quickly throwing it in front of him stabbing a gaurd right in his jugular vain. "Guess I'll be fighting them then." Kay said running over retrieving his katana from the neck of the gaurd. Two gaurd then came at him from both sides quickly Kay shiethed his short katana replacing it with his long one. As quickly as he took out his blade he cut off one of the gaurd's head and followed up stabbing the one behind him with a backwards blow to the chest leaving his katana smeared with blood and the gaurd dead.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Name: Kaen
    Class: Twin Blade
    Goals: Becoming stronger, learning more about "The World"; finding the source of the strange occurrences
    Description: Kaen's eyes are a deep green, his hair raven-dark and unkempt. On one ear hangs two silver earrings. Kaen wears loose, black clothes with a few silver pieces. To allow for a greater speed, Kaen's attire bears only two pieces of "true" armor--a forearm guard and neckguard. Truthfully, Kaen's speed and agility were first created to compensate for his relatively low defense. About Kaen's chest are bound several thick, dark belts--a form of lighter armor. Similar belts cross his shins over his boots and are clasped over one of his thighs. A belt is also tightened around his waist, with crossing belts hanging from his hips. At each side, Kaen wears a silver dirk with a leather-bound hilt.
    History: Due to his speed and skills, Kaen was once known as "The Black Lightning". As a PKK ("Player Killer Killer", one who "Kills" PKs), many battles were fought in which Kaen's opponent never saw him. However, a short time after the "virus" incident, Kaen vanished from The World for unknown reasons. Having heard rumors regarding strange events in The World, he has now returned and is refamiliarizing himself with it while attempting to find the source of these happenings.
    RP Sample: (This is from an unrelated roleplay.)

Kurogane lay beneath the moonless night sky, silver starlight reflecting on his features and in his half-closed eyes. Arms folded behind his head, the trainer rested amidst the wave of tall grass that was now a night-enveloped field. His eyes of winter's azure partially open, Kurogane's lips faintly moved as he murmured, "Why . . . Couldn't I live up to it?"

The male's sapphire eyes, now frosted fully and distant in thought, slowly closed as he mused, " 'Kurogane' . . . that name they gave me. They said 'Kurogane' meant 'iron'. They said they believed I would be strong--as strong as my name. But . . . " The tranquility of Kurogane's features was suddenly disrupted as he flinched from the pain of inner turmoil. But, I couldn't live up to it. The ones who sacrificed everything for me and cared for me when I was not even their own--the ones I should have been strong for, I failed when they needed me most.

Kurogane suddenly sat upright, slamming one fist into his palm in fury and frustration. If I can't protect what's important--what's precious, how can I be called strong? How? Was it too much . . . What my birth-parents were expecting of me? After a long pause, Kurogane seemed to relax slightly, lowering his hands and exhaling a misted breath into the night air. Opening his cobalt eyes, the trainer gently touched the Dive Ball that hung about his neck. The orb seemed to glow softly in the pale starlight, glinting slightly as its master's touch shifted its position. We won't fail, Glalie. Never again.

Last edited:

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    Yay! People! You are both accepted!:D

Name: Cavalier
    Class: Gunner Valkyrie
    Goals: Initially his goal was to just play the game, be the best there is. However, something will soon change that...

Description:Wears a long, heavy brown trenchcoat, with a large wide-brimmed had. He has a pair of round sunglasses (think Vash the Stampede) that cover his eyes. Two black tatood stripes run down the die of his head. He wears a long, leather strapped armpiece on both arms, ending in spiked gloves. A high level friend of his gave him his two starting weapons: an elementally enhanced shotgun for short range, and an automatic crossbow for long range.

History:In the real world, he wasn't a very popular kid. He didn't make friends easily, and most of the time he spent was alone, working on some project. In "The World" however, he has become a totally different person. Still a newbie, he's shown a remarkable talent in the game already.
    Rp Sample: I don't need one:D

Arcanine Fan 101

Lonesome Girl.
    Years
    Name: Keika
    Class:Wavemaster
    Goals: To be the best.
    Description: Wheres a long black cloak,followed by a white robe underneath.She has pure white hair,blue eyes.She sometimes tries to camofluage herself.
    History: She once was a lost little girl.But now she has found a nice loving faimly.She gets in "The World" everyday now.
    Rp Sample:

Keika was walking around,alone afraid of the new world.she stumbled over a large tree branch.She now knew where she was,it was a large forset!She walked more carefully watching her step.She continued to walk when a large forset creature a came!She tried to get around it when someone came and saved her!It was her future brother!

Last edited:

Trainer Ben

Super Trainer
    Years
    I'm not that familiar with the .HACK series, but I always enjoy an RP about a MMORPG.

Name: Lt. Shoulder

Class: Heavy Blade

Goals: To find out what is (or will be) happening in The World.

Description: A large, muscle man with green skin and no shirt. Wears a helmet with long, antler-like horns, which is also green. Also has black armored pants with armor boots. Uses a black sword.

History: Lt. Shoulder was once part of a great army. After finding out their true motives, though, he soon rebelled and left, now an outcast. He hides in many different towns, hoping his followers never find him.

In the real world, Lt. Shoulder is played by Shinju, a depressed boy hoping to escape from his harsh reality. Having lost his entire family, the orphanage he used to live at, and even his own friends, he turns toward The World to help him escape reality.

Rp Sample: (From other RP)

This is how it feels to be Dimon:

Darkness all around you. The one substance you fear has made it's home around the entire world. The creatures of the night, the Vampires, have become citizens of the Earth, roaming at their will and feeding off humans. Armed with a sword and cold courage, you fight. You take on a vampire, only to almost become one yourself. After escaping, you train. You fight hybrids to increase your power. A burning question remains within yourself: Will I become powerful enough to stop these evil creatures? Or will I fail?

Only time will tell.

He slashes at the creature, damaging it. Dimon's blood boiled as he fought the dark menace. Soon, the vampire ceased to live as the slayer's attacks came in one after another. He plunged the wooden steak into the heart of the beast, killing it for good.

One down, only half a million to go.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    Accepted Trainer Ben.

We have four people now, counting myself, so I will wait a day, and then tomorrow we will start.

A day will let anyone who wants to still join join, and we'll accept new RPers anytime.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    OOC: Ok, we're starting.

Cavalier slowly opened his eyes, looking around at the Aquatic City of Mac Anu. Despite the massive changes the World had now endured, the city had lost little of its old charm. Physically it was the same.

Boats sailed lazily down the wide canals, mostly filled with chatty young wavemasters and Long Arms, talking about the latest info on the Board. Rushing back and forth were dozens of intricately dressed players, running back and forth, shouting about rare treasures hidden in secret keywords.

Cavalier walked down the stone stairs, alert, yet relaxed. This was his second time logged into "The World", and his first had been far too short for him to really see anything.

Anything that was normal at least...

Orion raised his sword in the air and charged, ripping through the small goblin before them. Cavalier cheered, staying close behind. The dungeon itself was small, cramped and filled with hopelessly weak enemies, far too weak to be any use to anyone above level three. Cavalier holstered the automatic crossbow, a gift from Orion and followed his high level friend into the treasure room.

Together they opened the large treasure chest, the massive stature that stood like a sentinal behind it falling noiselessly to the ground, crumbling away.

"You can have the treasure kid." Orion spoke with a laugh. One of the veteran players, he had started six years ago, and had been lucky enough to know the Legendary Kite of the Azure Flame while he still played. Orion was always eager to help newbies like Cavalier, and this time was no exception.

"A-are you sure?" Cavalier spoke worridly.

"Yeah, knock yourself out. We'll use an Ocaraina to get outta here. Meet me in the Root Town tomorrow, ok?"

Cavalier stood atop the large bridge that spanned the huge canals, watching the boats pass beneath. A familiar gravelly voice spoke from behind.

"Right on time kid. You're punctual."

Cavalier smirked and turned slowly, brushing his silver hair from his eyes. "Aren't I always, Orion?"

The large Samurai-like Heavy Blade grinned rougishly. "Yeah, I guess so. Here that they plan to reinstate the better projectile classes?"

"They've been saying it for monthes. Think they really mean it this time?"

Orion was about to speak when a massive howling noise rang through the normally peaceful street. The buildings began to shift in and out of solidity, then huge cracks began to rip through them. A cold laugh filled the air, and a massive blast of energy knocked everyone to their feet.

Orion leapt up, sword drawn and ready. His eyes widened in surprise as he stared at the sky. A massive hole, leading into darkness hovered above the town, the broken chunks of rubble rising up to form words.

Hells Gate Open!

The laughter continued as a man walked out of the hole, walking seemingly on air. The air itseld shifted around him, white noise and static crackling through the whole area.

He raised his hands, a sadistic grin playing on his features. He was dressed similarly to wavemaster, a long flowing robe, with a leather emblem sown in the front. He raised his hands, and spoke, his voice echoing.

"Congratulations, worms. You have been deemed worthy of a visit from the Gods themselves. Rejoice! Our judgement is nigh, and all can be saved!"

He laughed maniacally, pointing at a young Blademaster.

"You boy! Do you wish to be saved?"

The blademaster backed away in fright, trying desperately to log out. The mysterious man spoke again.

"Oh, I am certain you all have noticed that the ability to log out at this present time has been...shall we say, suspended. I don't want anyone leaving until the show is over."

He clenched his fist, and a series of numbers surrounded the hapless wavemaster. There was a terrible scream and the player was ripped apart, numbers and broken data flinging everwhere.

"See? A gift from the gods is not to be refused! I am afraid you all must now die."

Orion growled. "That...bastard...I'll KILL HIM!"

Massive streams of energy shot out of the dark hole from which the mysterious man had come. They ripped through players, tearing them apart. In seconds, ten people were destroyed, and the town was being ravaged.

Orion rushed forward, kicking off a destroyed wall and flying straight towards the man, sword raised.

He never made it.

A massive blue wand appeared in the man's hand, impaling Orion in mid air. Orion screamed, an unearthly scream, then his body too was ripped apart.

Cavalier backed away slowly. He recognized that wand. It was the same wand that the program Skeith had...no...not the same...that was red...and this one is in the hands of a person!

The man laughed, tossing the wand about lightly.

"Well, we'll say this was a prologue to the main show, worms. The administrators will soon be here to show me out. I do hope we all get better aquainted next time! Remember my name, worms, is Janus, and I am the Gatekeeper!"

With a maniacal laugh he vanished through the hole in the sky, leaving the two large buildings in ruins, and mass chaos behind.

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    "Finally I made it to level ten." Kail said after finishing off a phantom wing, which to him was just an overgrown moth. "Alright time to find out what treasure awaits me." he said slowly opening the treasure chest infront of him, hoping for it to be another item he could sell. "No not another air wand, I swear if I get any more of theese I'm going to end up with a fortune." Which was pretty true seeing he had already sold well over twenty and has quite a sum of money. "Well best head over to Root Town and sell this." he said exiting the dugeon and using the nearest chaos gate. "What in the world happened here!" Kail exclaimed looking at the chaos that came ocer the once peaceful town. He headed over toward a large bridge that seemed to over look all the destruction pushing through the oncoming crowd. there he stood wondering what couldhave happened, since he knew they didn't have anything special planned for today in the World. "Hey do you know what's going on here?" Kail asked the boy in the brown trench caot next to him, seeing as he was the only remotely calm person there.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Is it to late to join?

Name: Reyna Isabella. (Reyna in the world)
    Class:Twin Blade
    Goals: To make some friends and to have fun.
    Description: She has pink hair and is a bit small. Reyna is thin but she wears red armor that is tight to her skin. It is abit revealing but in order to matain speed and movement. She has a long thin red blade and a two daggers. The daggers are held on her side and the sword is on her back.
    History: Reyna is a very open and hyper person in the real world. She loves what you say cute things and is a bit girly. In 'The World' she is open and fun loving. She enjoys searching for items and treasures. She likes to battle but on the side.
    Rp Sample

Reyna walked up to a large building. She was kind of scared and unsure if she should go in.

"Must I come here" she asked.

Fugi jumped upon her sholder and nodded.

"Ok. I guess you are right." said Reyna.

Reyna remember the day she gotten her powers. It was a rainy day and she was alone at home.

Then something was heard from the living room. There were two big men. Reyna was scared. She was home alone and didn't know what to do. One of the men grabbed her and tied her up.

She was scared and the guys were digging though her house. She then felt some heat in her fingers and the rope began to burn. Soon she was able to break free. The men looked at her. The began to shoot at her but a small fox appeared and melted their guns.

Reyna was abit scared but the men were even more scared. They ran out the house leaving their stuff. Reyna then petted the fox happily.

Ever since that day she had these strange powers to control and make fire. Fugi never left her side.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Kaen stood at the edge of the crowd, leaning silently against one of the newly formed mounds of rubble. Having witnessed the event, he remained silent for a long moment. Finally, he turned and brushed through the crowd, approaching Cavalier and giving a slight nod to Kail as he passed him. Then, switching his communication to "Talk Mode", he addressed Cavalier.

"One of the ones who died--I saw you talking with him before the incident. You were friends?"

Without waiting for a reply, Kaen removed a Revival Potion from his inventory selected the "Give" command, handing it to Cavalier.

"You look new, so I doubt you could afford that," the Twin Blader commented casually. "But, it might do your friend good."

Without another word, Kaen started away, replaying the event in his mind as he attempted to answer the questions left by the strange occurrence. Janus . . . I don't believe I've heard of that name before. He referred to himself as 'the Gatekeeper". Could he mean the Chaos Gates or a different type of gate? Thinking back, several words did appear before Janus arrived--"Hell's Gate Open". If those words were used as keywords at a Chaos gate, I wonder what would happen . . . In any case, there will probably be quite a bit of speculation later at the message boards.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    If i'm correct, you're still accepting, right?

Name: Ryo (Ryosuke in the real world)
    Class: Twin Blades
    Goals: To be the best of the best in the World. Other than that, he just wants to have fun and solve mysteries.
    Description: Ryo has a dark blue hair color and teal eyes. He wears a blue T-shirt and brown pants. He wears a shoulder pad on his left side and gauntlets on both hands. He wears a thin leather chest plate blocking his left side and brown shoes. He is the spliting image of his controller.
    History: Ryosuke has barely started playing but has done many things to further become infamous. He is very easy-going and friendly. He enjoys battling monsters and wants to be the best.

Rp Sample:
    I jumped quickly delivering blows to oncoming phantom wings.
    "Hmph. This is really getting nowhere." I said putting back both of my blades back into their proper scabbards. I started walking foward when a large and unusual creature appeared.
    "What is this?" I said analyzing the monster.
    "Huh? There seems to be no data on this creature. Well I'll just have to see how powerful it is." I said jumpoing at the enormous creature.
    "Star Slash." I jumped up and slashed at the creature 10 times with increasing intensity. The monster had fallen back but still stood strong.
    "So. You won't die eh?" I folded both blades together and turned them in a circle.
    "You will die." I said while spinning the double blades. "Heaven's Force!" I shouted.The spinning swords had turned bright. I dashed at it and plunged the swords in the monster. It groaned loudly. I took both out and shot a large beam through the creature. It faded into the air and growled loudly but disappeared. "Heh. That was most interesting."

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    (Accepted all, welcome)

Cavalier logged out ten minutes later, unable to find the corpse of his friend to revive. He stood up from his monitor and slowly ran a hand through her hair.

That...wasn't normal. Things like that can't happen in the game. He sent an e-mail to his friend and went to get a drink.

Thirty minutes later, he had two replies. One was from his friend.

"I aM F1n3. r34llY T1-13RE 1s n0 Th1ng \/\/r0nG. D0 n0t ph34r, d34th 1s n0T r34l. In3vit4bl3 iT sh44lL c0m3 s00n, by t1-13 gu1d4nce of t1-1e Will..."

What the? this email made no sense...the other was from an automated client.

"The addressed that you just sent a message to no longer exsists. Please recheck your message address."

The address listed was the exact one of his friends: the one this strange email had come from. Cavalier swallowed hard.

What...what was happening?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Reyna finally made it to the world. She sat herself down on a chair in a town bar. She place a dagger in it side holder.

"It is nice to be in a different place for once." she smiled.

A guy in black armor then came to her and asked, "So you new to the world?"

Reyna smiled and said, "Yes I am. I only been here for a day or two?"

He smiled and said, "Oh. How about I guide you? You know after a little chat."

Reyna smiled and said, "Ok. I guess. Where are you going to take me?"

"No where hard. Just a dungeon adventure." he said.

"That sounds like fun." she said and then started to talk to him for a while.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    (Yes of course you can join Pichu. Rayna, we should prolly have all the main players meet in the town before going off anywhere.)

Cavalier logged back into the world, noticing the city was still in ruin. Several men in dark suits were talking to players, and they were trying to repair the broken walls.

"System admins. They've improved since Lios retired, after the Second Pluto's Kiss incident awhile ago..."

He sighed and looked around.

"I wonder if anyone knows anything else about what happened..."

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Reyna and the guy then went out the bar. They went towards a Choas Gate.

"What is this?" Reyna asked.

The guy then laugh and said, "You are really new to this? This is a Choas Gate. It is use to teleport in the world you can say."

Reyna was a bit amaze and said, "Wow. You must be a pro."

After a while they teleported out of the area and were in a new one. This one was in ruin.

"This isn't a dungeon. What is it?" said Reyna as she walked around the ruin city.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back