• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014

Not to sound harsh, but why should Wes do what you think?

With that mindset, why even have a thread about the game?

The more suggestions the better, personally I think that a train would be much cooler as well. As has been said, you can travel by boat on every Pokémon game, but the train is much rarer and therefore feels more original. Of course it would mean a lot more work than boat so that's part of the reason why it wont be implemented.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
i think it wll be cool to travel with train instead of sea

That sucks. Only Johto have Magnet Trains. 'Cause Johto doesn't have a lot of beaches. However, in Wesley's created region, there are a lot of beaches, palm trees, and everything looks a-ok to travel with sea.

Not to sound harsh, but why should Wes do what you think? Anyway, the ship fits the tropical theme the hack has, like stated before, and also, a ship just seems... Right, a train doesn't to me.

100% agreed.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
With that mindset, why even have a thread about the game?
The more suggestions the better, personally I think that a train would be much cooler as well. As has been said, you can travel by boat on every Pokémon game, but the train is much rarer and therefore feels more original. Of course it would mean a lot more work than boat so that's part of the reason why it wont be implemented.

Well, that might not be why the thread was created. It might be created for people to talk about the game, get help about the game, and also for releases for the game. Unless Wes specifically says, we don't know. I'm not saying don't suggest, but at least think of the theme that is in the hack - a Tropical Theme.

Not really, if done right... Light Platinum is in a Tropical Region, like Ruka Prince said. There are many rivers, and water seperating many things, a boat is just easier, and fits more into the Tropical theme. A train would work in an urban theme, but not a tropical one. I would like to see a train in a hack, but not this one, as the theme gets... Well, ruined a little bit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2009
Wes didn't show up in more than half month, I don't really need the game right now but I'm afraid that some bad news is coming. Wes, plz give us a sign...

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
-What If The Game Had A Train And A Boat??? No Harm In That. Besides, The Boat Sucks. I'd Ride In A Train Anyday.
Well then there would be no use to have two forms of transportation that move the player to the same destination, and it would just mean more work for Wes. And what's wrong with the boat? -.-

DIEHARDSWAGGER

Sage Of Six Paths
Years
Well then there would be no use to have two forms of transportation that move the player to the same destination, and it would just mean more work for Wes. And what's wrong with the boat? -.-

-1: I Never Use A Boat To Get Anywhere. I'd Rather Swim And I Hate Swimmin' Long Distances. 2: I'd Like To See Somethin' New Like A Train. And He Doesn't Have To Make Them Travel To The Same Places You Know.

Years
-1: I Never Use A Boat To Get Anywhere. I'd Rather Swim And I Hate Swimmin' Long Distances. 2: I'd Like To See Somethin' New Like A Train. And He Doesn't Have To Make Them Travel To The Same Places You Know.

id like to have a train but if there was, id like the train to be like a train u can walk around in like the ships in the past game. (same concept basically)

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
isnt it suppoused to be that the hack would be released already? come on wesley we are already waiting a lot....

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
isnt it suppoused to be that the hack would be released already? come on wesley we are already waiting a lot....

No, I haven't read about any official release date from Wesley, read about some supposed date but there not official.

Well you can wait a lot more if Wesley decides not to yet release it.

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
Does anyone know that if and when it comes out which format it will be in? I hope it will be in a .ips format in stead of.rar

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Hİ! Wesley
I am from Turkey.For this reason I speak bad english.I am entering to the subject.please me give your make pokemon game.

Back